Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 12

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Tuesday, November 29

Today for breakfast I had coffee with coconut cream. Lunch was grass fed beef with spinach. Dinner was the same as last night's due to the fact that I create meals in twos, since I typically use ingredients that have two servings (spaghetti squash's two halves, two halves of onion, two halves of garlic bulb, two halves of pepper, 1/2lb of the 1lb frozen ground beef). Dessert was some carrots and a bunch of unsweetened shredded coconut. I'm currently leaning on coconut to help me with my chocolate cravings, but hopefully I won't even want coconut/cocoa desserts after enough time.

I'm experimenting with cooking lunch ahead of time for two servings, and cooking dinner at night, which = more variety because no two concurrent meals are the same. More fun for me. Plus, my grass-fed ground beef was not getting consumed fast enough (1lb a week before? d'oh!), but now I can make up for the fewer amount of calories consumed from cheese/chocolate with MEAT. I'll eat some canned salmon tomorrow to round things off a bit, and see if I can buy some gizzard and/or liver on the weekend to get some residual nutrients.

Lifting was okay today. Did squats at 125x3x5 at max because I think something's wrong with my glutes on my left leg, as it bothered my sleep all night. Thinking about not doing squats for the next workout. Also did bench press at 95x3x5 at max, and then shoulder press at 55x3x5. Was supposed to do rows, but remembered the program wrong >_< And then I spent a LOT of time on the foam roller. Can't wait till tomorrow for rest (ie, more sc2 XD)

Annoying ammonia taste in my mouth all morning so far. Ugh + yay?

Wednesday, November 30

Same breakfast-coffee deal, except I had a hazelnut-flavored coffee that I bought at bulk at Sprouts when it was on sale. I have to move through all of my different selections of beans before deciding on what I like the most. I heard that all the beans are pretty moldy and gross unless they're organic, so I'm thinking about purchasing only those next time. Besides, out of all the ones I tried so far, I liked the organic blend I got the most anyway

Lunch was beef and spinach. Dinner was a stovetop version of my baked salmon loaf with peppers, onions, lime, salmon, EVOO, and coconut cream. Snack was a whole can of Thai Kitchen since I wanted to get rid of it so badly >_> If I had to guess my calories for the day, it would be 2,200? XD I'm probably going to IF dinner tomorrow though. Too much gaming to look forward to at night

Today I went to the gym to just do snatches. Just so that I could do the foam roller afterwards. Lol.

Thursday, December 1

I had Starbucks with whipping cream this morning to change things up. Lunch was beef with spinach. I broke down during dinner waiting around for my friend to come back online to play games, so I went to cook off the fully-defrosted pound of grass-fed ground beef that's been sitting in my fridge for a few days already. Sauteed it with onions, and ate some raw carrots while cooking. Then I ate ALL of the meat and onions. There were still a little cooled-off tallow swirls in my pan, but I got REALLY full without needing to lap up the additional fats. Don't think I'll be having a coconut snack tonight, lol.

On a side note, I can't believe I only ate like 1,000 calories worth of food in one sitting, and I am SO full. On fat!! This is really awesome. Beats a half pound of gruyere any day.

Edit: spoke too soon. Was boiling a huge batch of eggs that was otherwise sitting in the fridge for a long time. I ended up eating like 8 of them >_>
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 12-01-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Friday, December 2

Skipped breakfast. Went out to lunch, and had 2 small ass salads with a total of about a cup each of spinach and romaine. Handful of grape tomatoes, mushrooms, and olives each. The olive oil inside the small glass jar thing that I sampled at the salad bar was TOTALLY rancid and disgusting, so I had no dressing. Also ate two eggs. Dinner after gym workout was a whole turkey loaf with onions, parsley, and peppers, and roasted carrots. Yayyyy now I have no more poultry remaining in my freezer and can fill it up even more with real meat Dessert was when I caved in at TJs when buying coconut oil and bought a pound plus of 72% chocolate LOL. It was really good, at least, so I will definitely be putting it on my blog.

Workout at the gym was squats: 45x1x8, 75x1x5, 105x1x5, 135x1x5, 145x1x3, 135x1x5, 45x1x8; overhead press: 45x1x5, 65x3x5, 45x1x5; and deadlifts: 135x1x5, 155x1x5, 175x1x5, 185x2x1, 135x1x5. My knees are getting really bruised, so I'm going to have to work on form next time I deadlift. Also for some reason my right knee keeps randomly getting this sharp pain while I am squatting. Not while I'm at parallel, but when I am almost all the way back to standing position. If anybody has any tips for why this is happening, please let me know

hxl2012 is offline Member
    it's me. You can call me Elvea. We talked a lot in my post yesterday.
    I love chocolate too. When I was studying in U.K., various brands were avaiable.
    We are the same height. I
    Nothing you can't do once you believe that you can.

SW:120lb
    CW:116lb
    GW:110lb

Hey Elvea! How are things going?

Saturday, December 3

I really wanted to try a condensed eating window, so I picked the afternoon between lunch and dinner and ate a lot of food. Spaghetti squash with grass-fed beef and garlic and parsley. SO DELICIOUS. But then I also ate half a pound of chocolate covered almonds, so that was kind of bad. Ate everything between 1 and 3pm, and stopped afterward.

Exercise in the morning was a zumba class. Then I decided to walk to the store to buy some stuff, a total of 2 miles. It was really nice out

Sunday, December 4

Did about a mile run for kicks this morning. Also because I was COLD, and running helps with that somewhat. I had coffee and Tablespoon or so of coconut cream for breakfast, and went out to lunch and had sauerkraut and sausages for lunch (thank goodness they were not fried, but boiled! ) Picked on a few Swiss cheese samples when I went shopping, and had a LOOOOT of chocolate when I got back home. About half of the pound-plus chocolate I got at Trader Joe's and a handful of chocolate almonds...@___@ Good thing somehow I managed to stop eating at around 4pm, and didn't eat anything for the rest of the night. Workout boost for Monday!

On a more positive note, I have noticed that the amount of food and energy intake over the last few weeks have slowly been declining on average, although so have my activity levels. But that just means less crap in general since I increased the amount of good food eaten and exponentially decreased the junk. Things are getting better slowly, but at least there is some improvement. I'm working toward having the mindset of not letting myself loose on the weekends, and hopefully then, things will turn out okay. My excuse for the setback this and last week has been my period (I usually binge on the week before...so this is no excuse haha), but I can't really make any excuse for the next two weeks. Let's see this ball finally get rolling for good!

Monday, December 5

Hm, so slight screw up today when I got home. Breakfast was coffee, lunch was spaghetti squash with beef, and dinner was beef and enoki mushrooms and garlic. Then I just ate a bunch of chocolate covered almonds when I was bored and waiting for friends to get on to play games on the computer (maybe half pound?). I think I ate about maintenance calories. But I should seriously focus on having more protein do help with the satiety. Would use the whey sitting in my fridge not getting used, but that only spikes insulin and hunger? Or as an after workout food it'll probably be okay...hm....

Gym was slightly disappointing. Squats were 45x1x6, 95x1x5, 115x1x5, 135x1x2, 115x2x5. Bench was 45x1x8, 65x1x5, 85x1x5, 105x3x3, 85x1x5, 45x1x5. Tried to do rows for the first time. I don't think I did them correctly, but at least the weights were light: 45x1x5, 65x3x5, 45x1x5. Then did back extensions for fun since I didn't do them for a long time. With a 25lb weight. Ugh, getting weak in that aspect.

PrimalCon New York
    Tuesday, December 6

No breakfast, but had green tea during the morning. Lunch was beef with mushrooms. Dinner was chicken livers with garlic. Then I had more chocolate covered almonds. I think because I ran out yesterday but still was somehow craving them. Anyway, won't be having that problem anymore, lol...also had some lite celtic cheddar from TJs because it looked interesting. I can actually taste the difference between Ireland's cheddar and regular cheddar! Very cool. Not cool how I ate cheese again (not even raw...whoops!) but meh, could have been worse. Carbs around 150g today. Calories probably near 3,000 unfortunately.

Went on a bike ride for almost an hour for the first time in what has been forever. It was freaking cold, and my quads were burning the entire time since I hadn't peddled the thing in nearly 3 months. Ugh. Not sure if I still want to do squats tomorrow, lol.

Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast