Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 11

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Monday, November 21

Wow, had a kisses-ful weekend o.O Glad that's behind me. Even if I stayed at "maintenance calories."

Also, noticing that digestive system is not happy with me with lots of gas and bloating. I think it has to do with the lactose in the kisses, but also could have been the residual wheat from the Friday lunch.

Today for breakfast I had coffee with coconut cream. By the way, Walmart raised the prices by 11 cents each tiny box! Now they are 98 cents each...so bummed out They also raised prices on canned salmon by 50 cents, so I guess I will buy my canned salmon from Whole Foods now since the BPA cans are definitely now worth the 50 cent premium over Walmart.

But I digress. Lunch was a test of turkey loaf with spinach. Dinner was spaghetti squash with salmon and parsley in butter. Yum! I'm really starting to get into this squash thing, especially with it so cheap near where I live. I also ate 3/4 of a Valrhona bar for dessert. FINALLY some good chocolate

Tuesday, November 22

Breakfast was coffee with coconut cream. I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with the different kinds of beans available at Sprouts since it's on sale. Lunch was a turkey loaf witih spinach. Dinner was an Asian spin on Thanksgiving, since I got invited to someone's house for dinner. It included cut-up turkey for easy chopsticks access, as well as baked fish, stir fried dishes, and a bing. I didn't eat the wheat gluten-tofu dish, but it was forced on my plate, and mixed with other stuff, so it could have affected my stomach in a negative way. I mainly ate the turkey and fish, with the green bean stir fry. SO glad that they don't like using too much oil, so I think my n-3:n-6 was good.

When I got home, holy crap, I was hit with more chocolate cravings and succumbed to...more kisses. Man, my landlord has so many in the candy jar. I'm going to try to buy like 20 chocolate bars and keep them around so that I don't feel like I have to eat all the chocolate in the house. Maybe I can do this with dairy too...

By the way, my bench improved from 95 2x3 to 95 3x4. Slowly but surely!
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 11-25-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Wednesday, November 23

I had no coffee for breakfast this morning. Lunch was some leftover fish, turkey, and bamboo cooked with pork, from the night before with spinach. I then got a little excited about spending my $20 Living Social coupon at Whole Foods, and ended up buying 12oz of raw gruyere and 6 Theo chocolate bars because they were $2.50 each. Totally forgot to check canned salmon prices since I need to restock with non-BPA cans. Dinner was canned salmon fried cauliflower rice, and then my 12oz of gruyere. Dessert was a salted almond chocolate bar. Then I had the cherry almond chocolate bar. This is getting kind of bad o.O

On the other hand, I only like to eat Swiss cheese anyway. Something about it makes it more appealing than my old favorites of even chevre. Unfortunately, Swiss is probably more expensive, and it's not stopping me from buying a lot of it. Boo

No exercise today.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 11-25-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Thursday, November 24

Whoooooo Thanksgiving!

I was invited to someone's house for Thanksgiving today, so I made some mochi during the day and brought them a bottle of wine. However, the smell of mochi was too much in tempting me, so I tried to eat other stuff to satisfy my sweet tooth craving while it baked. Not pretty.

Had spaghetti squash in butter with some parsley and garlic for lunch, skipping breakfast since I went to the gym to do some deadlifts (175lbs at 3x3 by the way). Then I had an orange chocolate bar. Then I had a LOT of chocolate covered almonds, about 3/4 pound. Then my landlord gave me some pumpkin pie that they specifically brought back from work for me, so I ate the top half and tossed the crust when they weren't looking. Tried to make the entire experience slightly healthier afterward by eating some seaweed with some temari soy sauce. LOL

Dinner was great. The turkey was a bit huge, so couldn't really gnaw on turkey leg like I usually like to do. Ate some white breast meat, which was so dry compared to my usual dark meat favorites Ham was really good, so had a lot of that. Had a small scoop of candied yams because they put it on my plate. Ate a bunch of spring mix and roasted green beans and carrots. Passed on the mashed pototoes (I hate it anyway) and stuffing. Had dessert of peanuts and Haagen Dazs ice cream. This brand of ice cream still holds a special place in my heart

Talked with my hosts for like 5 hours. Had a really great time. Felt slightly sick at the end because of the overload of sugar (probably 300g worth?), but it was worth it. Tomorrow is back to reality.

Friday, November 25

Woke up today feeling really full. Stomach was noticeably gassy, probably due to all the almonds I ate yesterday, or some hidden wheat in something else I ate. Skipped breakfast and had leftover spaghetti squash and turkey for lunch. It was definitely not a satisfying meal because the turkey was too dry by the time I reheated it, and I had to force it down. Afterward I went over to Starbucks, which I haven't had for 2 months, and got myself a small coffee with some whipping cream. Went to the gym after work (yes, I had work today! sad face) and did a bunch of snatches and some sprints on the rowing machine. I was hungry afterward so had a Theo 85% chocolate bar to tide me over until dinner. I went to another person's house for dinner several hours later and had a lot of Chinese food. Pretty much picked out all the meats of chicken, ham, turkey, salmon, and squid, as well as some of the vegetable dish that didn't look like it was drenched in PUFA oil. I tried some of a quiche, and unfortunately it seemed like some flour was used to make it. My stomach is going to be pretty unhappy tomorrow; even a little bit of wheat nowadays causes my stomach to wrench in pain...

Today I was extremely tired. I think it had to do with my sleep schedule of about 7 hours of sleep every day for the past week, which my body is usually not happy with. I'm going to try to get 9 hours of shuteye tonight so that I can feel better tomorrow.

Mell is offline Member
    Your food cravings and reactions seem to be very similar to mine. I over eat dairy even though I know it makes me bloaty, and I absolutely love chocolate. Wheat also makes my stomach hurt and causes breakouts.

Keep up the primal work, your journal encourages me.

euggen is offline Junior Member
    hey, Sakura_g, nutritiondata.com is really great! thank you again!

Saturday, November 26

Before I go to sleep, I just want to talk about today for a bit. I woke up super early at 6 (not expecting it), and was pretty hungry, but bored. So I made turkey meatballs with cranberry sauce and ate it pretty much for breakfast. Was feeling pretty full so skipped lunch (except for one Costco cheese sample). Since I went to Costco, I found out that gruyere costs less than $10/lb!! So I bought almost 3 lbs worth, since I'm trying to keep plentiful chocolates and cheeses in the house around as a strategy to prevent binging. It was only slightly effective, since I was too lazy to cook dinner and ate like 1.5lbs of cheese instead...at least I had some carrots sticks and persimmon too o.O Although I think the persimmon was bad for me because my throat got all sore at night. Not sure if it was the cheese, which I normally eat all the time anyway, or the persimmon lol.

Exercise was trying this dancing class thing at the gym. Interesting.

I also had a massage today, which was REALLY NICE since it's hard to hit the spots on the upper back and shoulders with the foam roller at the gym. $20 foot massage + $8 tip. Not a bad day.

I'm definitely going to have a better sleep tonight, but I really hope that I don't overeat the other 1.5lb of cheese tomorrow...
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 11-27-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Sunday, November 27

So today I had the rest of my cheese for lunch and dinner combined. Plus some seaweed and miso soup and raw carrots for real nutrition, lol. Plus chocolate for dessert. I am finished with my cheese, but now I know for sure that I cannot keep cheese in the fridge because it will just get eaten regardless of how much there is, and how hungry/full I am. I honestly felt the same before and after the cheese - not hungry at all, but not full at all. I also think I crave it significantly less when I don't eat it for a week. Although I will keep overstocking the chocolates because I seriously cannot overeat that stuff for more than 150g in a sitting, even with the higher carb content than the cheese.

When I got up today I was SO SORE from my massage. My feet felt like there were needles poking at them if I stood, so I spent a lot of time just sitting down. I also had a fever for some reason early in the morning, so I pretty much did no physical activity, which could be good or bad. I'm just hoping it won't carry over to tomorrow, when I plan to do some squats.

I really have to be non-retarded about my cheese/chocolate problem for the next few weeks, as I am only a month away from Christmas. I want to at least show some improvement up to that time, lol. So going to stop the cheese altogether, and buy a ton of chocolate and hope for the best. Go me!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Monday, November 28

Coffee with coconut cream for breakfast. Lunch was grass fed beef with spinach. Dinner was spaghetti squash with beef, onions, and peppers. Dessert of coconut cream with lime juice and stevia. Followed it up by snacking on a bit of unsweetened coconut.

No exercise today because of the jolting pain in my left buttock. I hope it heals by tomorrow

Page 11 of 103 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast