Page 10 of 93 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chocoholic's Primal Road page 10

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OKAY I spent all of this week eating crap because I know this is the last chance I have for being able to eat $30/lb cheese without having to suffer real financial consequences before I leave training. Maybe about 1/3-1/2 my food came from cheese/chocolate and the other from fish/meat and lots of spinach with butter. Semi-healthy, but considering I was never hungry when eating the cheese/chocolate, it completely screwed up my calories every day.

Luckily, I am leaving soon and will be back in pauper mode, so will revert back to 2 meals a day with mainly meat and fish with fresh veggies. And LOTS of coconut milk Going to try to go without cheese/chocolate for 30 days after this!!

Also I will stop with the nutritiondata because I know I'm getting enough n3's now (especially since I can control my food with homecooked meals!!) and I know how to handle my carbs. Lesson learned.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 11-09-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Friday, November 12

In the morning I had about 50g of unsweetened chocolate and 4 eggs, at around 10am. Then ate a huge lunch/dinner of coconut milk and salmon bake around 3:30pm. Stopped eating afterward, especially after I got back from the gym at 5:30pm. I've noticed that I am never hungry if I go to the gym after eating and a little bit right before sleep, so I am thinking about rearranging my schedule so that I go home after work to eat, and then go to the gym at night so that I am more motivated to sleep at 9-10pm with no snacking. I think the slight waste in gas is worth it. For some reason, if I eat later in the PM without something to interrupt it, I just keep snacking on small things, which keeps me awake and my insulin spiking.

On a side note, at the very least I have stopped getting any cravings whatsoever, even when I am hungry. The only reason why I am still overeating chocolate/cheeses is completely psychological; I feel that I must buy them if I see them on sale, because I know I will like them and that they are at a good value. If I can stop this impulse purchasing, as what many girls experience when they go window or online shopping, then I know for a fact that I will do a lot better with PB. Baby steps!

Saturday, November 13

So I was tired today and made a trip to some grocery stores to see what I am willing to eat now. When I was buying the $4.89/lb grass-fed ground beef at the small produce market, I was tempted by their very good and cheap cheese....ended up buying and eating all 1/2lb of raw Parmesan o.O (at least with spring mix? xD) Good thing I don't have to buy meat for another 2 weeks...

Sunday, November 14

Surprise! Last minute competition entry because I was being nice and my old team needed me. I know that honey is a terrible carb-up, but I ate several T last night to alleviate my sore throat and for the carbs. For some reason if the air is cold around my head at night, I get cold symptoms in the day time. I hope these go away soon, because I really don't know how to alleviate these symptoms specifically other than buy a heater for my room and use extra electricity.

Throughout the day I had some artichoke dip and luncheon meat (I was hungry and all my poor college student friends provided was that...), but not a lot since I was scared of puking in the middle of racing. At home after my long, hot shower, I cooked up some ground beef with garlic and ate some on spring mix. YUM!

Monday, November 15

Morning had a T or two of coconut milk with a cup of Hawaiian Joe. Thinking about trying coconut oil in my coffee, but really scared to go that far with it, since I can drink coconut milk straight, but still have a slightly hard time eating spoonfuls of coconut oil. For lunch I had leftover ground beef with spinach, and then a teaspoon or so of coconut oil as dessert. Dinner was salmon with coconut milk and spices/vegetables. I made a stovetop version of my baked loaf because it takes too long to make the loaf and I'm impatient. XD Post in the blog coming soon about that.

I also forgot to mention the handful (or two) of unsweetened Guittard chocolate baking chips I had every day, which was in my fridge from before I left for the midwest. Mmmmmmm....baby, baby steps >_<

I had an okay lifting session today, mainly because my muscles were sore (almost strained) from yesterday and my shoulder is still strained from 5 days ago (I trained too hard for Sunday's competition and I think I overdid it). I only did squats and practiced my snatch form because I did so many cleans in the past 2 weeks that it screwed up my form.

Current lifting stats are:

Squats: 135lbs 3x5
    Deadlift: 165lbs 3x5
    Bench press: 95lbs 2x3
    Dumbbell press: 60lbs 3x5
    Seated row: 120lbs 3x6
    Pullup: 2 assisted with 60lbs
    2-minute erg: Haven't done one in a looooong time =\

I think I'm going to tone it down with a bit of zumba tomorrow, and give my deadlifts a shot on Thursday. Maybe even attempt a 2-minute erg!
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 11-14-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Tuesday, November 16

This morning was a bit hungry, so ate my last Endangered Species 88% chocolate bar with my coffee with coconut cream. I promise there is no other chocolate in the house, in the way back of my freezer, or hidden in the back of my medicine cabinet XD Lunch was my coconut salmon on the stovetop with some frozen spinach. After work, I had quite the adventure looking for the one place in close vicinity to my house that had Hong Kong style roast duck. It took me half an hour in traffic to find the place, and then when I landed in the Chinese/Vietnamese shopping area, I could not find the store right away, and bought a butterfish at the nearby Chinese supermarket. One of the customers in line for the fish told me that the duck place was hidden RIGHT NEXT to the supermarket, so after I purchased my grocery, went to get some duck. Ordered a whole almost-2 lb duck, which cost $15.99. Came back tired and late, but not that hungry. But this stuff is best eaten fresh, so I ate...and kept eating because the stuff was SO DELICIOUS. I ate half of what I ordered, and with tummy happy and it being pretty late, I fell asleep before hitting the gym. SO WORTH IT though.

On a side note, I've been really getting into the sleep part of Primal lately. I guess it's the cold winter months coming and making me tired, but I have more energy in the morning. I've been regularly getting 8-10 hours of sleep the past 5 days, so I am really happy that my body wants to sleep and not stay up at night. Yay!

Wednesday, November 17

Today kind of sucked.

In the morning I was still full from the previous night's duck, so I just had coffee with coconut cream. Lunch was about 1/4-1/3lb duck on some heated spinach. I then tried to make steamed butterfish for dinner, but I did it wrong because the top was overcooked but the bottom part was undercooked. Must ask mother for recipe next time I call...

But anyway, had the rest of the duck because I was not satisfied by the 1/2 of the .7lb fish that was not raw or bone. It was really good, but then I wanted more food so I made coconut cream mixed with lime juice, stevia, and pure vanilla extract. OMG, that vanilla extract made things REALLY pop. I cannot believe I did not live without this stuff before. Baking time soon? Perhaps...unless I can find a decent savory vanilla recipe.

Went to the gym afterward and could not do anything. Maybe it was because my body was so focused on digesting that leftover greasy duck, because my deadlift did not get that much better at all. I added 10lbs total to my deadlifts from last time for a total of 175lbs, and I totally got owned. Ended up doing a 3x1 because I felt so weak. I could barely do my warmdown of 135lbs. Ugh. Then I did some seated rows to find out that I got weaker than last time, I guess because I don't paddle at all anymore. Current stats are 110lbs 3x5. Yikes. Tried to do some sprints on the rowing machine, but got wiped after 3 sets of 30 seconds (at least I rowed 140m each time? that has to count for something).

Lesson learned? Don't eat too much.

Oh, and I got owned by my landlord giving me a pomegranate after dinner too. Guilted me into eating it. Then I had a honey binge after my workout -.- At least my honey is all gone...and I got 100g of pure carbs into my system for recovery, even if they do suck as carb food
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 11-16-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Thursday, November 17

Damn, thought I could get away from yesterday's raw honey binge without consequence. I pretty much IF'd all day, with the exception of some seaweed soup during lunch, mostly because I was out of food. Went to gym to find out that Zumba passes were all taken after freaking 10 minutes after the starting time for pass release. WTF. So I didn't end up burning off all the glycogen in my muscles with cardio/sprint blend. Did bench press. Tried to do a self-made WOW, but found out that my hamstring is still a bit strained. Boo. At least my bench improved from 2x3 on 95lbs to 3x4. Left the gym afterward to do some grocery shopping, and made dinner of 1lb grass-fed ground beef, garlic, and 1lb frozen spinach. I ate like 3/4 since I was hungry, and then had some coconut cream/lime/vanilla for dessert. But somehow I was STILL hungry...and craving snacks (thank you Trader Joe's cheese sample).

And this is where I doubt my complete chocolate-eradication-from-diet is going to work. Because I released myself on my landlord's Halloween candy (who she has no intention of eating...actually I think she intentionally only buys chocolate sweets so that I eat them o.O), and I ate like 20 or 30 Hershey's kisses in one sitting. Felt the huge sugar rush. Then went back to eat the rest of the ground beef since I figured I needed more protein, lol. At least there weren't too many bad things in the kisses...just a crapton of sugar (about 75g total?)

Going to try to make some coconut-cocoa ice thingies tomorrow morning for future cravings. Too sick to look at food right now, as the beef fat is finally hitting me x_X

Friday, November 18

Yikes, today was quite bad. I IF'd throughout most of the morning, but got hungry at around 10am, so had a bit of lite cream cheese from office bagels to quiet my hunger. At 11:30 I had a dim sum client lunch, and to avoid looking bad, ate all of my thin wheat wonton skins wrapped around the various dishes. It wasn't that much wheat at all, since I ate two wrapped dishes and a bunch of eggplant and steamed pork (ughhh vegetable oil), but once I got back, 1) I had a major headache (MSG?), 2) I had a major food coma, and 3) my stomach started cramping up. At night I had a bunch of flatulence that I did not have in a long time, which was not very pleasant. For dinner I was super super lazy and heated up some frozen spinach with Humboldt Farms organic pastured butter, and then ate half a pound of raw blue cheese. And had some coconut cream-lime dessert. I was prepared to indulge all night in an 85% Valrhona bar, but I found out later that the Trader Joe's cashier didn't put my bar into my bag! Sigh....then ate like 30 or 40 Hershey's kisses before falling asleep at 1 because I wanted to play games on my computer. Should have just went to sleep early and spared myself an extra 25 or so kisses. I love waking up at 6am and drinking coffee, anyway

So....my no-chocolate, no-cheese days still has only totaled 3 days. Not terrible, but not good, either. But now I am only strictly eating raw cheese, and the chocolate will definitely improve once I get some better quality bars into the house. Whole Foods trip tomorrow night?

Also...I should think of having cheese as dessert after a meal full of meat. A half pound of meat fills me up so much better than a pound of cheese.
    Last edited by sakura_girl; 11-19-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Page 10 of 93 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast