Thread: Primal Struggles JohnR page

JohnR is offline Junior Member

Primal Struggles JohnR

Shop Now
    How goes it folks? My name is quite obviously John, I am 30 years old and in the process of moving to Louisiana. I have eaten better than 90% primal for just shy of 3 months now (Started mid May 2011). I have lost at least 15 lbs (did that in the first 2 and have not weighed myself since. When I began I was at 20% body fat at 215 lbs. Not to awful but at 6'4" I had a big frame to hide it on. My weakness is the workout. I have done little to no PT (physical training) beyond walking since starting on this new plan. My wife has been out of town for the last 2 months and remarked that I was getting pretty thin, I can see my ribs now without really trying. I tricked myself into thinking that since I was getting so skinny I could afford to indulge in desert at dinner last night, used to have a heck of a sweet tooth. NOT worth it. The choclate brownie and icecream made it through me faster then anything I have ever eaten before and it did not taste very good and was overly sweet. Lesson learned.
    So today I finally got out there and did some resistance work after a brisk run (only sprinted a hundred yards or so) to the gym maybe a quarter mile from where I am staying this week. I felt embarrassingly weak. The plan is to get back on the Armstrong Pull Up Program and actually give 100% for 15 min or so of sprinting. It should get me into passable shape for passing the PT standards at work and then some (1.5 mile run, push-ups, sit-ups and waist measure). I am going to try and use this for accountability and a place where I can gripe about my shortcomings and brag about my successes without sounding preachy to folks at work or bitching to my wife all the time (though she is supportive)

Today was 50/50
    I had water a breakfast, grilled chicken salad for lunch and for a late night dinner I tore into a rotisserie chicken and added blueberries to Greek yogurt. Arms hurt to much for upper body work, but got in about an hour walking around the base

So I have read through here some more and may need to change up my diet again. I eat a lot of nuts and sunflower seeds, almost every day. Apparently not the best plan

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome John! North Dakota to Louisiana - big change. Good luck with the move and your continued Primal journey.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

This morning was sausage and 6eggs with a little Parmesan cheese, Lunch was a handful of baby carrots and I am cooking up some chicken tenders for dinner to eat with some yummy salsa.

Did some pullups and some feet elevated pushups. Still sore from the jet the otherday so not a full workout but better than nothing

On the road today, lots of fasting

Today I did some slow moving taking the lamas for a walk (about an hour). At breakfast I had some scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, Lunch was a peach, and dinner was from Qdoba (burrito place) with no beans and no rice and no tortilla, extra guac. After dinner I blended up a frozen banana with some coconut milk as a desert

Now I am visiting my parents house, and have convinced my Dad to try out the Primal Blueprint. Consequently I have to be perfect in what I eat while I visit them so he does not pick up any bad habits from me. I wonder if that is what it was like for him when I was a kid....