Thread: Hello from Iowa! page

labmike is offline Member

Hello from Iowa!

Primal Fuel
    Hi y'all,

I'm Mike, and I got into Primal first by reading Robb Wolf's "Paleo Solution," and got into Primal specifically due to some conversations with the veritable Primal Toad.

I'm working on an activism website over at primaltribes.com, but before I take on the world I figured it best to spend some time on several Paleo and Primal forums to get an idea of all of the different flavors of this movement. I've been eating Paleo (save for a little ice cream here and there) for 2 1/2 months, and I've lost 22 pounds and 6 inches off my waist. And in addition my wife and I both feel happier, more energetic, we look great, we can do more, our digestive problems are basically gone, and just last night I realized my teeth aren't cold sensitive like they used to be.

I need no further convincing. Primal is quite possibly the best lifestyle there is for physical health. I'm looking forward to getting to know more folks who think likewise.

PS: Here's a map I've been working on, showing individuals and "Primal Tribes" located all over the world. Let's see how big this map can get:

Primal Living Network - Google Maps

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you are doing great. The map thing is a good idea.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Barefoot Paul is offline Senior Member
    bump. Check out this guys website. Really designed to facilitate connecting other like minded primal folk.

However, i couldn't get the map to work. How do I add my location?

I had to enable "editing" on the map by clicking edit first.

labmike is offline Member
    Paul, I've fixed the map (check your email) and also put up the GMap, which is open edit and free for all sites to use.

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)
    Well, I hope I added myself correctly. Paul - go cyclones! That was an awesome game on Saturday - BTW, I am an ISU alum :-)
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)