Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I get my kcals from?!?! page

nirish_mark20 Guest

Hi everyone,

New poster here so please forgive me for maybe a silly question!

Anyway, I am wanting to lose a lot of weight and would like some help with my macro breakdown. my stats are:

weight: 230 lbs

Body fat: 26%

Target is 190lbs with 10% body fat

Now even at 190lbs I have worked out that with my job and training regime I will need aprox 3000kcals per day. where will i get this from? As I am wanting to lose fat I am wanting to stay below 80g carbs per day. But even with that, and say 200g protein, i would need almost 200g fat per day to get my kcals; anywhere near 3000 (i think)

can anyone give me any ideas what i can do to make this easier?

thank you

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

If you really just need something calorie/fat dense try heavy cream. I made hot cocoa out of some and it kept me full most of the day. But I'm a girl and 125 pounds so it really was like half the calories I needed for the day. If you're working hard and bigger and need more calories it probably won't have the same effect on you. So maybe drink a cup with breakfast? Worth a try.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

I wouldn't go for heavy cream simply because dairy slows the weight loss process for a lot of people.

For me personally, I eat about 100 g of protein a day and 125 g of fat that usually comes with it, so logically thinking, if you just eat some fatty cuts of meat and fry your eggs in some nice grass-fed butter, coconut oil, or bacon greese, add some bacon to the mix, you should easily get to your 200 g of fat a day. Make yourself some coconut drinks out of coconut milk. Even though coconut milk is a bit carby, it's also very high in fat.

Mr.M is offline Senior Member

200g protein per day is kinda on the high side, no? Anyway its probably "easiest" to add the following in that order.

Butter

Olive/Coconut oil

Bacon

Meat

Nuts (put this at the last b/c I took them out for now, too easy to overeat w/ them...so maybe it should go first)

Could use cheese too... but yeah, might be hard to get that much fat and not feel overly stuffed.

Judymac Guest

Avocados, salmon and coconut.

When losing weight I kept nuts to just one portion a day (1 oz).

Cottage cheese works for some people, it is full of BCAA's which are fabulous just after weight training, make a smoothie with pineapple, cottage cheese and coconut milk - instant recovery drink with everything necessary to feed your muscles

Add extra good fats with salad dressings made from olive or nut oils.

Also, you may find you actually will need fewer calories when they're better-quality calories.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Mr.M is offline Senior Member

"make a smoothie with pineapple, cottage cheese and coconut milk"

how's that taste? not trying to be snarky or anything - just curious...sounds interesting.

Mr. M pineapple and cottage cheese are amazing together (not blended) so I can't imagine it'd be bad!

nirish_mark20 Guest

i am taking 200g protein as calculated from the 1lb protein per 1lb lean mass- i just figured the extra would help with energy considering my carbs will be lower than 80g per day and also i dont want to lose muscle, or at least i want to minimise it!

i dont have a problem with eating anything, i can eat all day, its just trying to get it into my head that 200g fats (thats 1800kcals!!) will be ok for me to consume!

do i really need that many kcals in a day? could i drop it down to 2500 and see how that goes? im worried incase i drop my kcals too quickly and i plateau soon after!

i appreciate all the help, please keep it coming!

Judymac Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

We might be able to help more if we know what your job and exercise regime are...

For instance I tuck in to 2400(ish) Kcals per day on triathlon training, but only 1800 on lay off weeks like this week. I have over 6 hours of cardio (sometimes up to 20), 3 hours of yoga, and 1 hour of powerlifting each week. I weight 121 lbs (BF 18%ish)

Mr M. The mix sounds weird but tastes yummy, honest! When you do a breakdown you get BCAAs in their best format for absorbtion, protein, a saturated fat that helps the body repair itself, good carbs, and just to put the cherry on the cake, the pineapple aids as anti-inflammatory and muscle repair power house. (use real pineapple not tinned, and that hard core...that is the most beneficial part.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast