Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Darn You, Cupcake! page

Grokarella is offline Member

Darn You, Cupcake!

Primal Fuel
    I try for 100% primal, save for a little dark chocolate now and again. I'm making a cake and cupcakes for a baby shower at work in a couple weeks. I wanted to make a test batch, since I hadn't worked with fondant for a while. I had been perfectly primal all day and then ate a cupcake! It wasn't even that good (just a box mix for the test batch) and I have a pretty bad headache already. I'm not going to beat myself up about it - I just know now that cupcakes aren't worth the headache! I love baking though, so it will be hard to give it up completely.

Anyone else indulge in something non-primal recently and realize it's just not worth it?
    Jennifer, 28 years old
    Vegetarian for 13 years, primal since July 2011
    Weight lost on primal: 34.2 lbs

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Totally...

I have been right there Grokarella, there are times i have suck cravings for something sweet, and I have caught myself chewing up cake, chocolate, ect. Most of the times i end up spiting it out, but on those odd occasions...

It happens to everyone. Just pick up from whee you are and know that it will happen again, thats part of being human. Just keep on track, build on what you have already accomplished, and you'll be seeing the results super fast....

Grok on...

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

Thanks, Shifty. I had a simple, clean primal lunch and am feeling much better today Live and learn.
    Jennifer, 28 years old

shifty1 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokarella View Post
    Thanks, Shifty. I had a simple, clean primal lunch and am feeling much better today Live and learn.
    Take it one meal at a time... and you will be fine

-Shifty
    Shifty's primal journey 2.0 -The daily online account of Shifty's journey in a un-primal world!

Starting weight - 2.11.13 - 96 kg
    Starting measurement - waist - 116cm
    Numbers change every 50 days

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokarella View Post
    Anyone else indulge in something non-primal recently and realize it's just not worth it?
    Fries and miso gravy at a vegan restaurant my friend dragged me to...... for the rest of the day I felt as though I was on the verge of throwing up (and I haven't thrown up since I was 8 - *insert Seinfeld reference about the black and white cookie*). Ugh, fries - never worth it AGAIN.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Hey Grokarella,
    Here's a great recipe to suffice those cravings. And they're totally primal:-)

Ingredients:

3 cups of nuts (mixture of whatever you like, or have access to)
    1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
    1 cup pitted dates, or even dried pineapple or mango(these both have lower sugar than the dates)
    1/2 cup dried cranberries
    Juice from 1 lemon
    1-2 tbsp lemon zest
    1/2 cup coconut flakes
    1-2 tbsp ginger(chopped or grated)
    1/3 cup almond flour
    2 eggs
    1/8 tsp baking soda
    1/8 tsp baking powder
    1/4 cup molasses(i prefer using almond butter)
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1 tsp ground Nutmeg
    I also like to add dark chocolate chips...Added bonus:-)
    Preheat oven to 325. Grease muffin pan(i use coconut oil for this). If you don't have a muffin pan, you can use a cookie sheet and just make a flat sheet and cut into squares when cooled.

Mix nuts/dates(or mango, pineapple) in a food processor, or blender if you don't have a processor. Chop until the mixture is chopped, but not too fine. Pour into a bowl, then add the other ingredients and mix well. This usually makes about 10-12 muffins. Scoop into tray, and bake until tops are brown(about 20-25 minutes). Let cool, eat and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by unchatenfrance View Post
    Fries and miso gravy at a vegan restaurant my friend dragged me to...... for the rest of the day I felt as though I was on the verge of throwing up (and I haven't thrown up since I was 8 - *insert Seinfeld reference about the black and white cookie*). Ugh, fries - never worth it AGAIN.
    I LOVED french fries, but haven't indulged since going primal. I have a feeling it wouldn't be good!
    Jennifer, 28 years old

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerGrok View Post
    Hey Grokarella,
    Here's a great recipe to suffice those cravings. And they're totally primal:-)
    Thanks so much for the recipe, SoccerGrok! It looks yummy
    Jennifer, 28 years old

cranehigh is offline Senior Member
    I've indulged a couple of times, mostly family related... and I have to say so far what works for me is dusting myself off, not going down any of the failiar guilt or justification roads, and just going "Well that happened. Let's do the next one clean." I'm still really new myself, but it's at least better for my Mind that way.

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    At McDonalds (australia) the other day they had these new caramel cookie flurries. I love caramel so I thought, why not? I had about two bites and gave the rest to my husband. It was like trying to eat a sugarbowl, nauseatingly sweet. A while before I'd had a chocolate sundae, and felt like a total space cadet for a couple of hours after, it was like my head was trying to float off away from my body.

It's the one thing that annoys me about healthy living - I mostly don't really miss those things now - sugary foods and cakes and stuff - but if I'm out somewhere and DO want to have a small treat, they are disgustingly sweet. It'd be real nice if they'd make things that were less sweet, not just using artificial sweeteners to make things the same sickly sweet without the calories (which I won't eat at all, hate that artificial crapola)
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast