Thread: Supplements: Beneficial or Snake Oil? page

bokbadok is offline Senior Member

Supplements: Beneficial or Snake Oil?

Primal Fuel
    On the cron-o-meter blog I ran across a link to a graph showing relative scientific evidence for efficacy of various popular supplements. It's by no means complete, but I thought it was interesting.

Snake Oil? The scientific evidence for health supplements
    42 yo female; 5'8"
    Oct 2009: 205 lbs
    Dec 2010: 167 lbs
    Current weight: 158 lbs (first time under 160 in 17 years!!!)
    Goal weight: 145 lbs

healthseekerKate is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for posting! As a big believer in supplementation, I'm definitely going to review that chart in detail. It's good to see that certain supplements are located at multiple places in the chart, thus avoiding any absolute pronouncements about a supplement's value.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Interesting chart. It mostly reflects what supplements I use. I do take turmeric but I just learned that you have to take black pepper with it. When I take capsules, I toss down some pepper corns too.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.