Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quinoa page 2

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I eat small amounts of quinoa and find it really satisfying, keeps me full for ages. I cook it in butter/coconut oil and have it with spinach, chicken breast and other mixed veges. Yum yum!

I don't have it often, and don't actually know if it's technically a primal food, but I don't really care for the rules to be dictating my life!

solomani is offline Junior Member
    Its also a great -IMO the best- substitute for wheat flour for cakes and so fourth. Not that we eat a lot of these but, for example, my wife will make birthday cakes for our kids from quinoa and they taste great. Its high-carbs, sure, but its a tasty treat a couple times a year.

patrickjoseph88 is offline Junior Member
    Ok I read this article about quinoa that raved about its nutritional value, so I came to this forum to check out what other people think about it. It sounds like there are mixed feelings about its healthiness. With 8 grams of protein and 40 grams of carbs with 5 grams unsaturated fat, it sounds to me like a perfect food for people trying to put on muscle. What are the strong negatives against this?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The perfect food for people who are trying to put on muscle is beef. Eat potatoes with your beef for carbs.

Seriously, you can eat it if you like, but it's hardly the perfect food.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 07-13-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12