Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Personal Experience of Primal Pregnancy, Before & After page 3

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

"Looking forward to hearing other people's experiences, and whether you bring up your little ones following the PB? "

Yes we will be.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

fbw
    fbw is offline Junior Member

i am definitely raising my kids paleo.

maba is offline Senior Member

I'd love to raise my child Primal but my family is not yet on board with me and it's going to be difficult. My yet-to-be-born child's paternal side strongly believes it's a sin to eat animals. My husband has started eating chicken and fish only recently. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

raesch Guest

Can anyone recommend favourite recipes for cooking ahead and freezing for after the little one arrives, or quick and easy dishes for those days where you really don't feel like cooking?

Athena is offline Senior Member

Any of you ladies find that you got pregnant pretty easily while primal? Ive heard on a couple websites that primal can make you much more fertile.

I guess the ladies who were not primal with #1

But were primal with #2?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Athena, I became pregnant VERY easily. I had been worried that it would take a long time since before I used birth control my cycles were incredibly irregular (I might've had 3-4 periods in a year). Went primal in June, also off birth control in June, stopped "trying not to" (condoms) in Julyish, but still didn't do any more "trying" than normal (like no basal temperature chart, or mucus monitoring or any of that "hard work" let's-get-pregnant stuff) and conceived in October.

I was honestly really surprised. I thought it would take a while longer than that.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

maba is offline Senior Member

We'd been trying for sometime but w/o checking the ovulation period. The first time I used an ovulation kit and tried, I became pregnant right away.

fbw
    fbw is offline Junior Member

i got pregnant three months to the day after major uterine surgery (myomectomy to remove a fibroid). i believed that it would easily be a year before i conceived, if at all.

i was pretty paleo a few months before the surgery (in preparation) and really made the transition in a big way (just ramping up the saturated fat content of my diet) post-surgery.

i believe the diet sped things up fertility-wise, because i am of an age where it starts getting hard to conceive even if you are pretty healthy by CW standards.

Athena is offline Senior Member

Thanks ladies! We aren't planning to have a little one yet, but im glad to hear so many people have had good luck !

Kay
    Kay is offline Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

We did not want to get pregnant but we're very happy about it now. Actually timing-wise it was unlikely. The "suspect time" was pretty far from ovulation (I calculated at least 8 days but I think in reality it was 4 or 5 days) which is why we took the risk in the first place. Those little rascals must've hanged in there for a few days I should mention that my BF eats very primal with ridiculous amounts of fatty food (for my taste).

My cycle worked for me for a long time. HOWEVER, I did change something in the couple of months before I got pregnant. I started taking 5000 IU of Vitamin D and felt a significant change in my mood. I'm wondering if that changed my cycle, hence why my timing was off.

Right now I do believe that yes, if you improve your diet, you'll become more fertile.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123