Thread: Southern Ontario bounty page

onelasttime Guest

Shop Now

I decided to join the local winter CSA and I was happy with the choices but really excited to see the farm store had grass fed beef, pork and lamb, free range eggs, rendered pork fat, raw sauerkraut and honey. Next week I will bring my cheque book!

Here's what was available today. I am going to see if I can swap the potatoes for something else next week but no one was there to ask - it's run on the honour system.

This week I also found two sources for organic free range chicken scraps and grass fed (but grain finished) beef offal, off cuts and bones so that fido's raw diet is moving away from CAFO sources too!

janaturner is offline Junior Member

Do you mind sharing the name of your CSA/farm store? I live in Toronto and am always looking for options - especially when it comes to eggs. Thanks!

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

yes, do tell! I'm three hours north of Toronto and am looking for alternative meat sourcing.

I'm looking to make my own pemmican and I have been able to locate grass fed beef tallow at The Healthy Butcher...but they don't ship my way

I grok, therefore I am.

onelasttime Guest

Source's I've used

Winter CSA - Whole Circle Farm in Acton/Rockwood (so far just veggies)

Summer CSA - Everdale in Erin (I've only purchased veggies, fruit and eggs from them)

Alternative - Rowe Farms in Toronto or Guelph

Source's I've found near me:

Grass fed/grain finished beef - Whispering Meadows in Guelph

Grass fed

Beaver Vale in Beeton

Fairchild Farm in Cambridge

Beretta Organics in King City

CW Acres in Castor Centre

@Lovestoclimb if you're still in NB you must motor to make it in 3 hours ; )

It's only 330km to Toronto. 120km/h all the way usually gets me downtown in 3 and a bit. Even more impressive though, I can make it to St. Catharines in 4 hours...on the 407 though.

I grok, therefore I am.

I have stuff from Beretta before. their all beef hot doggies are phenominal!

I grok, therefore I am.

janaturner is offline Junior Member

Thanks onelasttime! I'd never make it for a farm pick up on a weekday but I'm looking in to a few other winter CSAs that have pick ups in the city.

I order from Beretta quite regularly but it was from my first order with them that I realized I do not like steak that's been frozen. I buy a ton of grass fed and finished ground beef plus some chicken from them.

Most things I get at the St Lawrence Market. Chicken from DiLisios in the south market - they have Mennonite raised chicken, not organic but a lot cheaper than organic. And fruit/veggies and eggs from the North famers market. I also get bacon from the Healthy Butcher (almost nitrate free but there's some).