Thread: Summer is over page

MaryUd is offline Junior Member

Summer is over

Primal Fuel
    Wow, after a summer of nearly non-stop vacation and overeating, I've come to the Daily Apple and the Primal Blueprint. I've done a variety of plans/diets over the years and have never been more than 10 pounds overweight, but I just stepped on scale and weigh more than I have ever in my life, so tomorrow will be day 1 of this plan... of course not perfectly but with the best effort I have... I would like to lose 15 pounds and to start exercising again. I weigh 140 and am 5'3." A comfortable weight for me is 125.

The biggest problem is that I am always tired. Although, I've been low carb, I think I rely too much on fruit these days and need to cut back there... I also eat a lot of almond butter. Between apples and almond butter, I have new binge foods in my life so I'm planning to cut them out and add in much more in the area of veggies.

I've been taking Adrenal Cortrex for the past few weeks. I suspect this supplement also causes quick weight gain. Is there any research for this? I just got the book and will look into the section on Adrenals. I do have hypothyroidism (at 34 yrs)...

I wish all of you happy healthy eating and life and I wish for myself a better honoring of my physical health and wellness.

Mary

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Boy, if you are always tired, up your protein. It makes a big difference in my energy level whether or not I have had enough protein.
    Two other things that have had me tired in the past were not enough vitamin D or iron.

texasyaya is offline Junior Member
    Mary, I am also new and am excited about getting healthy. Stay in touch.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Boy, if you are always tired, up your protein. It makes a big difference in my energy level whether or not I have had enough protein.
    Two other things that have had me tired in the past were not enough vitamin D or iron.
    Agree about the protein, but also recommend you take a teaspoon of coconut oil after your breakfast and lunch. If you have hyperthyroid, I strongly recommend you follow Dr Kruse's take on Primal. - Jack Kruse