Thread: anyone have any good 10k training schedules? page

terrax is offline Member

anyone have any good 10k training schedules?

Shop Now
    I want to do a 10k race that is in about 9 weeks. I used to be an avid runner, did a few triathlons, but haven't been consistent in running for the past year. I run maybe once a week on avg, but I do a lot of other exercising like swimming and cycling so I am not out of shape. I want to get back into consistent running and I figure that if I make it a goal to run a 10K then I will stick with the training and run more..... anyways, does anyone have any good 10k training schedules??? I'm not looking for anything advanced at this point. Just something to get me back into running...... Thanks.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I don't run anymore since the club I belonged to introduced me to Mark. They do two sprint sessions and one long run per week, slower than event speed. (Mostly they are training for longer distances.) And cross training. Sound familiar?
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

terrax is offline Member
    I was initially thinking of doing a more traditional training, but wanted to see if there were any good primal plans too. So you think 2 sprint sessions and one long run is enough? I definitely would like to keep my sprinting in there if I can. I usually do tabata bike sprints once a week and running hill sprints once a week along with bodyweight exercises a couple times per week. Swimming, cycling and walking thrown in there too. I know running isn't the best primal exercise but I want some sort of goal to work towards right now. ever since I stopped competing I miss having something specific to train for.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    The club I belonged to (SacFit) turns out lots of excellent runners.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Tallyscott is offline Junior Member
    Ben Greenfield writes good plans. Or rather, I think he does. I used his ironman plan to complete my first ever half ironman - it was my first ever race.... I didn't run before hand, I hadn't been on a moving bike in an embarrassingly long time. Swimming I could do. Anyway if you sign up for endurance planet's email newsletter, you get the plan free. Since it's free, why not check it out?

el_barto is offline Junior Member
    try 10 K Training

I've used this to train for a few races.

js290 is offline Senior Member

TriGirl is offline Member
    I have used runners worlds smart coach before and just tweaked it to fit my temper. You need to register but that is free. Good luck with it

GOAT is offline Junior Member
    Terrax,
    9 weeks is plenty of time for your 10k. I have coached people from 10k up to 100 milers, provided training plans and knowledge. From one Primal member to you, a gift. I will provide you a training program to follow. No charge at all. Reply if interested.
    Oh BTW, GOAT stands for get out and try...

terrax is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by js290 View Post
    This is interesting and it makes sense. I usually exercise first thing in the morning w/o breakfast and I have a hard time getting my carbs up over 100 most days (though, I always try to keep it above 50 because i don't handle VLC too well). Good to know...

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Terrax,
    9 weeks is plenty of time for your 10k. I have coached people from 10k up to 100 milers, provided training plans and knowledge. From one Primal member to you, a gift. I will provide you a training program to follow. No charge at all. Reply if interested.
    Oh BTW, GOAT stands for get out and try...
    Wow a free gift!!! that's so nice of you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallyscott View Post
    Ben Greenfield writes good plans. Or rather, I think he does. I used his ironman plan to complete my first ever half ironman - it was my first ever race.... I didn't run before hand, I hadn't been on a moving bike in an embarrassingly long time. Swimming I could do. Anyway if you sign up for endurance planet's email newsletter, you get the plan free. Since it's free, why not check it out?
    Thanks I checked this one out and I like the looks of it- intervals, sprints, and easy long runs. Somewhat primal-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by TriGirl View Post
    I have used runners worlds smart coach before and just tweaked it to fit my temper. You need to register but that is free. Good luck with it
    Thanks, I will look into this one too!

Thanks everyone!