Thread: Primal Newb in Florida! page

a.mandolin is offline Junior Member

Primal Newb in Florida!

Hello Everyone!

I'm on day 4 of Primal and feel great! Not so much on days 1 and 2, the headaches were no fun at all. I decided to give Primal a go finally (after researching and reading off and on for over a year) when all my other "diet" ideas failed.

My first goal for Primal is to lose weight, I'm 5'2" and weigh 129lbs as of last night, according to the hand held body-fat thing my boyfriend has my body fat is 23.4%. I know this is considered the "normal range" but I used to be about 115 and 18% body-fat, and I miss it, and wearing my favorite pair of jeans, so that is my goal. I'm fairly active we have horses and I ride 3-4 times a weeks, as well as I try to walk/run (I have a bad ankle so running depends entirely on how testy it is) daily. I'm considering joining a gym so I can take classes, because I am a horrible self motivator when it comes to strength train ect.

I think food wise I've done fairly well Yesterday looked like this:

8:30am-banana
    11am-2 eggs, sweet potato homefries
    2pm-the left over homefries
    5pm-Salad w/ grape tomatoes, carrots, zuchini, mushroom, red bell pepper, spring mix, baby spinach, bacon crumbles, chicken
    8:30pm- The rest of the salad

I'm eating when I'm hungry and until I'm full, cooking in olive oil and sunflower oil and sticking to vinegar as my salad dressing.

Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated! I look forward to reading and learning a lot more!

PrimalMama2 is offline Junior Member
    Hi there! I'm new as well, so I don't have a lot of advice or guidance for you. I can't believe how good I feel since going primal. Energy, even when I'm sick! lol! My favorite part is that I no longer crave sweets. Have you noticed that too?
    Learning to be Primal to set the example for my family

Come see my journey into the Primal lifestyle! Visit my journal.

kiss is offline Senior Member
    Nice to see another Floridian!

If you do nothing else, go to the homepage and go to Start Here and work your way through.

You may discover you need more fat and protein.
    kiss = keep it simple, sister!

texasyaya is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am still working through the Start Here page. I am doing the best that I can to figure all this out. It is a little intimidating. I know that if I keep it simple I can eat meat and veggies. However, tonight I went to apart and had two cookies and a brownie. And now I hate myself because I had been off sugar for almost two weeks.