Thread: Sarah M.'s Primal Transformation Challenge page

PrimalMama2 is offline Junior Member

Sarah M.'s Primal Transformation Challenge

It may seem a little strange to call my journal a "transformation challenge," so I'll explain that. I'm on a site called Club FYM, and right now we're starting a Fall Transformation Challenge. It's a chance for me to step outside my comfort zone and transform my body closer to what I want it to be. For my challenge, I'm eating primal. One of the benefits of eating primal--for me anyway--is that I no longer crave sugar! I LOVE IT!! Another benefit that I've seen so far is that I have even energy all day long! None of the crashes in the early afternoon that I used to get. I've done this about 90% for the past two weeks. It's really not difficult for me to aim for 100% on the PB. I feel so darned good, why would I want to eat any other way???

So anyway, part of the TC is to do these 15 minute workouts 6 days per week. It's 3 days of resistance training and 3 days of intervals. Really, the FYM lifestyle is pretty compatible with the PB. The nutritional focus is primarily on protein and produce. Some women do elimination diets and discover that they're sensitive to wheat or gluten or dairy. I definitely feel I am in that population of food sensitive people.

Now, this afternoon, I am tired for some reason. I'm not sure that it's anything that I've eaten, but I think it's the alcohol that I've consumed this past week. Sooo have to stay away from that! Regardless, I feel like I could push through if I wanted, but I do want a nap. I got about 7 hours of sleep last night, I think. Actually, that's not too bad, but the night before I didn't get squat. So I'm probably a little sleep deficient, and I need to catch up just a little. Plus, I ate my salad rather quickly. It's not digesting as well as it should be. I can feel it!

So I'm trying some new stuff next week. I picked up some organic chicken livers at the farmer's market on Thursday. This should be interesting. I also got myself some small steaks for lunches.

Well, that's it for now. I will post more later. I wanted to get set up with this. I need a place where I can go to get all excited about eating primal and people won't think I'm whacked. I'm so excited about this!
    Learning to be Primal to set the example for my family

Come see my journey into the Primal lifestyle! Visit my journal.

I tried chicken livers today. They didn't taste bad, but I just couldn't get over what was actually on my plate. I ended up feeding them to my dogs. They loved them!

Here are my meals for today:
    M1: 2 scrambled eggs with salsa, 2 slices of bacon
    M2: 2 Tbsp. Sunbutter (not my favorite), 1 apple
    M3: 2 Applegate uncured beef hot dogs, 1/2 c. spaghetti squash, 1 c. broccoli & cauliflower
    M4: 1 c. cucumber slices, 1/4 c. pumpkin seeds, 1 hard boiled egg
    M5: 1 sausage (1/3 lb), 1 c. green beans tossed in EVOO

According to Vitabot, these are my macros:
    Calories: 1675
    Fat: 118g
    Protein: 84g
    Carbs: 70g

I don't like to calorie count, but I was wondering where I was with these things. I also have 22g of fiber. I need to do some resistance training, but I'm feeling tired for some reason. I'm thinking that it might be from deviating from the PB over the weekend.

Oh, and all of my veggies were tossed with either butter or EVOO. Yum!

I don't think pumpkin seeds are very well digested by me. This is the second time I've eaten them since going primal, and it just feels like they're sitting in my stomach. I have very little energy this afternoon. Not good. So I guess no more pumpkin seeds for me. Boo!

I'm not quite sure what's going on. Yesterday I planned everything I was going to eat and figured my calories and macros. Then in the evening I felt like I needed some carbs. I wanted dessert SO BADLY! I didn't give in, but I did make some almond flour blueberry muffins. I ate one, and it was so good! My kids like them too! I did stay under 100 grams of carbs yesterday, and I didn't have any alcohol either. Plus my energy levels weren't really that great. I didn't want to sprint or exercise at all. Now for the second day, I had a hard time getting out of bed. Last week I had tons of energy, in spite of being sick, and I was more in tune with my hunger signals. I don't think I'm going to track my calories anymore. I'm also not going to push myself to eat every 3 hours. I'm just going to eat when I'm hungry. I understand why you're supposed to eat more frequently, rather than less frequently, but I just don't think it's good for me.

Breakfast: 1 blueberry muffin made with almond flour and buttered, 1.5 sausage links, 2 slices of bacon
    Lunch: Don't know yet.
    Dinner: Chicken, broccoli

I guess I should figure lunch out, since it's almost lunch time. :-)

I am in such need of this 30-Day challenge! I went to Applebee's on Tuesday and ate so much gluten! I didn't realize I'd had that much gluten, but I felt awful the next day! I had a lot of the GI symptoms of celiac. Needless to say, I now know that I need to stay away from gluten! I am already hypothyroid, and my doctor told me that it's most likely autoimmune. Soooo...today is my return to primal eating. I know I'm still being affected by the gluten though. It's not out of my system yet. I'm just so tired after eating. Plus, I feel stuffed when I haven't eaten a whole lot.

I can't wait to feel better again! I was feeling energized after eating. I miss that feeling! Although, honestly, it's good to know that gluten affects me in this way. It makes it easier to stay away from it.

Well, I am looking forward to this challenge. I can't form any other cohesive thoughts at this point in time.

Day 1 of the 30 Day challenge! I'm so excited for it! I have gluten-free beer and some extra dark chocolate. Did I forget anything? Oh, yeah. The bacon! I have some of that too. :-) I'm ready! I have pictures from when I started playing around with the Primal diet last month. I also took pictures this morning. Amazing. That is all I have to say. I'm not ready for the bikini I'm wearing, but I'm getting there!

And this is even after my gluten attack last week! I'm never going back to gluten! I did a 10-minute strength training routine this morning. My arms feel like they've been worked. I plan on going out tomorrow to do some sprinting. I can't wait to sprint!

Yesterday, for the first time EVER in my adult life, I made my way across the monkey bars! I'm actually working on pulling myself up, but I'm not there yet. Getting there though. I was so excited when I did that! I can't wait to do it again!

So yeah, last week was rough. I was so exhausted. I feel my energy coming back now that I'm eating Primally again. Whew! I hated the way I felt last week. It was miserable, and I can't believe I ever lived through that in the first place. But sometimes I guess you just don't know how bad you feel until you start to feel better again. My husband is being outwardly supportive through this. I get the feeling though that he thinks it's all in my head. Uh, trust me, it's not all in my head! Another thing I had thought about was the beer I had been drinking all along. If I had 2 or 3 in an evening, I'd be hyper by the next morning. That's really unusual for me! I'm kind of curious if that was the gluten. I'm thinking maybe, but we'll see.

I bought Mark's book for Kindle. It was cheaper and I didn't have to wait. I just have to finish reading it now. Being convinced of Intelligent Design, I tend to skim over the bits on evolution. It's kind of boring to me anyway.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Today has been pretty good so far. I had 2 pieces of bacon and 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast. Then I went up to the park for my sprint intervals. I did 4 intervals. I'll say it was 30-90, but I don't know for sure. I could feel myself slowing down with each sprint. My heartbeat is still trying to get down to normal! I'm eating a banana for my post workout meal. Probably not the best, but it's something. Better than nothing anyway. So I think I might shower now and continue reading Mark's book. My daughter got a Kindle for her birthday (I don't even have one yet!), so I'm reading it on there. Maybe I'll sit outside and read. Stuff to do though!

Oh, I realized yesterday that I should have some goals for the Primal challenge. Well, one goal I have is to do a real push-up. I also want to do a real pull-up. And I want to be able to do monkey bars whenever I want to. I tried to do them today, and I wasn't quite so successful. Oh, well. Next time!