Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ray's Leangains Journey page 7

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Congrats on surviving the holidays. A little bit of junk food and alcohol is just more fuel for the furnace. Looking forward to reading about your plans for 2012!

Ray-NJ is offline Member
    Thanks for checking in Timothy! What the last 2 weeks really showed me is how important it is just to move around. With a sedentary job and a long commute, I go long stretches each week day of barely moving. During my 2 weeks off and especially while in the islands, I was always active. Even though I ate and drank a lot (though minimized glutens and dairy, where possible), I actually came back looking better in the mirror! (the tan gets some credit..)

I'm treading a little into "TMI" territory here, but the digestive system moved very smoothly while I was off, and now that I'm back at work and back to eating much healthier, I'm back to occasional backups and frequent bloating. Not sure if it's the veggies in the big ass salad, generally the high protein diet or something else (work stress??), but I just don't feel all that great this week. Hopefully it's just a re-adjustment period, but we'll see.

The Plan for Winter 2012

Keeping it real simple: P90x2. I LOVE how it incorporates core work and foam rolling as well as all the stretching involved. I made nice strides with Starting Strength, but I got stiff and started to succumb to a number of nagging almost-injuries despite following warm-up lifts to a T: back strain from dead lifts, shoulder strain from the press and I literally pulled an abdominal sneezing on the airplane! P90x also makes you really MOVE and the sequel so far is no different.

In the spring, with a more conditioned core, I'll transition back into heavy weights and with the weather better and the days longer, I'll take to LISS and HIIT outdoors via long walks and sprints.

Nutrition will stay roughly the same with slightly elevated cals and intermittent fasting at 16x8 continues - it's basically second nature now. High carb, low fat on greater intensity days and Lower carb (3x / wk), high fat on rest days though I may try to figure out what's causing the back up. I'll bump up the food intake once I get into heavy lifting.

Here's to a successful 2012!

Ray-NJ is offline Member

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567