Page 99 of 547 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 99

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So fun! Bora Bora sounds like a lovely idea!

Hey, I think I forgot to mention it but DD emailed me to say she and the boyfriend are "no longer together" and "she thought I should know" Its a very good day!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Yay for a good day.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    ohhhh, poor girl. As much as it may be a good thing, it's never easy on the heart.
    I read that "thought you should know" as "I know you think it is a good thing, and you will be happy, but it still hurts a little and I need my mamma"
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    She has got to know he was no good.. I know you are relieved
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I tried really hard not to let her know how I felt about him. Actually he was a nice enough kid...from a good family, no drugs/alcohol/smokes, he had a job, did well enough in school, etc...and a good first boyfriend, but a bit on the mean side with a temper. (also not as smart or cute as she is)

When she told me that her friends were telling her that he was mean, my response was basically "that is what friends are for, to help you see things that you may be hiding from yourself" and resisted the urge to say "no sh*t".

Also, when she emailed me, my response was that "I know that no matter how a relationship ends it is usually a difficult time, you should feel free to call me at any time day or night if you need to chat or need someone to just listen to you cry. and you should know that that offer always stands".

I think when she got to school her world opened up and she has a lot of activities that he is not interested in and vice versa.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    It's sounds like you raised a smart cookie! She knows she deserves better and next time she may find it (or the time after that...). It's great when they realise they deserve and need a better partner. Hard to go through, but we all know it's part of almost everyone'sofe journey. We are just starting those days w/ our daughter.

I often told her (and my son as well) that every date I had, every "boyfriend" I had, taught me something, either about what I wanted or didn't want. Each experience is a growth experience, and I really needed them all to be able to end up with their dad and appreciate him (most of the time-but I don't go into that with them). Sometimes we need the bad to be able to recognize and enjoy and appreciate the good.
    Chris
    Unknown

So yesterday DD emails DH and says they need to talk about arrangements for the summer. She must want to stay in Knoxville, not sure what kind of "arrangement" she is thinking. She has no place to live, no paying job, no car. Maybe she is thinking of taking classes? We can only hope.

254.8, that is up .4. It is very hard to feel like what I am doing is on the right track when I don't have continued loss. Every time I see a gain that I essentially cannot explain I have a major fear that I will continue to gain and not ever get to my goal and that there isn't a d*mn thing I can do about it. . I want to start changing things, figuring out what did I eat, or not eat, did I drink enough...But mostly it worries me for its maintenance issues. I can only hope that by the time I get to my goal I will have figured out what works and what doesn't.
    Chris
    Unknown

Woot woot! finished baking the cupcakes and cake layers before I left for work, only a single taste of the batter to ensure I didn't forget any ingredients. Did not lick a spoon or my fingers or the bowl or anything! Now I just have to survive the icing. I will be wearing a surgical mask.

Ever notice mornings are easier? As regards uncontrollable eating. I cannot recall a single incident of binging in the morning, generally they occur after 3pm. And I have not had one after bedtime (ie. can't sleep get up and eat something) in years. Truth is I don't eat after dinner actually. So danger zone is 3 to dinner time. And really once I start dinner the only thing I might munch on is veggies. I have started eating dinner earlier. I like to be eating by 6:30 at the latest. Prep starts between 5:45 and 6. So we can narrow the danger zone even further....3 to 5.

I also find I do better when my lunch is a little later rather than earlier, say between 1:30 and 2 instead of between 12 and 12:30. This is easier to do when I have significant protein for breakfast. But I don't like to eat breakfast, so protein shake with gelatin is the answer and it is working very well.

So at least for this week, I have found an answer. Now if I could just convince the scale!
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I agree.. I do not do bingeing mornings.. I think its partly because I am not fully awake! My binge times are between after dinner and bedtime. I can usually control it if my hands are busy (crafting, laundry, chatting online )
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.