Page 97 of 611 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197597 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 97

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yeah, we talked about that. I actually like that this will sort of force us back into having people over. We are really good about having my BFF and hubby over, but lax on having others over. This will kind of force that, which I like. I love company! Little mini-parties at my house remind me of growing up, my parents were very social, actually as well as all my aunts and uncles, something almost every week. I miss it.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I like having friends over as well. In the summer, we are set up for it and have last minute BBQs, etc., but in the winter, we all hide inside - sad.

Can you bottle beer in mason jars? I've never seen it and it may cost more than conventional bottling, but it seems fun.

I don't know? Among the stuff our friend gave us are about a dozen home brew bottles. I think the trick is to keep a low air surface on it though, air is the enemy. But it seems if you could bottle it hot, you could basically use good canning procedure and it would last forever! With the exception that I have read a few stories where the tops "exploded" off and made a mess. I can tell you right now, I am NOT going to clean that up.

It is not cold enough here (especially this year) to hole up in our respective dens for the winter. I think it would be great if we got to a point where we just did Friday nights and people would stop by and hang for as long as they could (cut off at midnight).

I found the lamps, I am going to make for that room. I may be losing my mind, adding another project!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

It never fails for me that when I am out looking for one thing I come up with a project for something else! Enjoy your lamps.

WT 256.6 up another pound?!?!?!?! Honestly. A huge part of me wants to start changing things and another part of me wants me to calm down and stay the course.

I think my issue today is fluid, I had homemade sauerkraut, which the tracker says has a huge amount of sodium, but I only used 1T for the whole batch, which is massive. I did also have some ground beef that I had mixed with 'fresh salsa' that tasted a bit salty. So maybe its a water thing, but come on, at some point in time I really need to start losing some weight.

I started Primal in October, at 267, so I have lost 10 1/2 pounds, it feels futile. Especially when I really feel like I am following the plan. I obviously need to figure out how to lose a few more calories.
    Chris
    Unknown

While I like to weigh myself often, I have had to learn to let the day to day fluctuations go a bit. Horomones and a little salt can make things seem like you're making no progress, but maybe you are. I've noticed that the time of year makes a huge effect on me and it's not just holidays and a treat here or there. Focus on getting some sun light each day and relax a little. You are setting yourself up for huge success, and I think you may be suprised when things do start to move soon. I think for me, as the fall sets in, my body goes into survival mode to make it through the winter. Add a little stress and holiday food and bingo - no progress or backsliding occurs.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    So maybe its a water thing, but come on, at some point in time I really need to start losing some weight.

echoing this myself right now..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

ok, just moving on, not gonna worry about the weight, I am doing well, it will happen.

These are the lamps I am going to make, just need to decide which ones I want to do...

Modern Geometric Lamp

or this one...

Universal lamp shade polygon building kit

the first one would be easier, second one is cooler.
    Chris
    Unknown

I kinda like the first one - it seems to flow more. Almost whispy... and yes, much easier. These look like fun projects... (shaking head - no new projects right now)!

Actually, that is I guess why I can't decide. I like the look of the first better (and its easier) but I need a pretty large one, and it needs to have an oval shape, and we will be sitting under it, so I would have to fashion some sort of shield at the bottom to cut the glare from the bulb. I actually saw the perfect on in a store here, and only $135! But, there was only one, and the company had gone out of business.

WT 255.2, down 1.4. The roller coaster ride of daily weigh in is crazy. Stay on course, move on.

Work today, then after I am going to go pick up the glasses I found yesterday for the beer, and hopefully take DS to pick up a used armoire to store his air guns and pellets in.
    Chris
    Unknown