Page 87 of 623 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187587 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 87

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not now, of course, but at some point I would like to do a stevia experiment. I was still using splenda products primarily with stevia in my AM coffee.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I wish we could drop for a nap when we need it! Sleep is so important, I guard it like a most awesome treasure. Very few things, to me, are worth disrupted sleep (although a good book has been known to do that in the past...less likely these days). It's always why I got some 5HTP yesterday. Everything is better when I'm well rested. I give myself enough time to sleep. Now, I need quality sleep.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    That day I tried to do a 15 min power nap.. I need more practice LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I have a meditation that I listen to that wakes me up at the end of it, I think it is just under 30 minutes. I set my alarm for 30 just to be safe though. Heck if I just laid down it would take me 20 minutes to get comfy.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

I think I should mention that this week I added a tsp a day of Carlson's Omega 3 oil (as recommended in PN's 5 daily videos). For me the Omega 3 supposedly works on all the things I need to be worked on...IBD, asthma, arthritis, family history of diabetes (as well as gestational diabetes), Osteoporosis, memory issues, menstrual pain, colon cancer, family history of breast cancer, high blood pressure, and weight maintenance.

It worries me that it sort of seems like a miracle drug, but most of the research I have done is from actual research, so I figured it was worth a shot. It is supposed to take 2 to 3 weeks to notice a difference. Hope it makes on cause it is pricey when you do it right.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    If we are eating a lot of convention meats, then I take fish oil. DH notices a big difference. When I eat primarily grass fed beef, then I don't seem to need it. I swear it helped with workout recovery and achy joints.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    2000+mg of Omega 3 is in my supplements as well.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I am bad about the Omega's. They upset the tummy so I quit taking them. I just try and eat more fish to off set it.

Chris: the power nap was at my desk at school... no laying down. I put my head back in my chair. It was 15 min before the kids came back. I went to the you tube site you recommended and it had a website that connected you to it as well. I hope the site is not blocked at my school. I am going to try and listen to it when I fall asleep tonight. I have GOT to get an ipod!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I am taking 1tsp of a liquid Omega 3, it is supposed to be easier on the system. It is 1,600 mg of Omega 3 of one type then another 300mg of another type as well as 800mg EPA and 500mg of DHA. I actually am starting to feel different/better. It is funny because the reason I went ahead and started to take it was the weight and the IBD, did not really know about the other stuff. But the joints and the memory are where I am noticing it and didn't realize the connection till I looked up all the benefits yesterday.

I don't have easy access to grass fed meats, but I used to eat salmon for lunch every day. I have been eating the soup, which is more satisfying, but no Omega 3 there, so I figured I should go ahead and add it.
    Chris
    Unknown

Wt 256.6 Rats, up .8, not a big deal but today is technically my weigh in day and I was hoping I would be below the December 1 weight of 255.4.

It is not from food, cause I have been doing very well with this. So I will take the muscle holding water theory, cause I really worked hard yesterday from 1:30 to 5:30 setting up 2 spaces for the church service. They did a baptism and they HAD to do an immersion (these sorts of rules are the kinds of things that make me crazy when it comes to religion). So they started the service downstairs then moved the entire crew and congregation upstairs to finish. But the upstairs had been hit with lightening on Friday night and had no lights (but luckily had electric), so we had to bring in enough lamps and candles to be able to see. Lots and lots of carrying things up and down stairs-the elevator is very slow. It turned out beautiful (well the space looked great I didn't stay for the service).
    Chris
    Unknown