Page 81 of 652 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181581 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 81

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OHHH BOY, don't read the last post without reading the last page.......I was sure I mised out on some SERIOUS confessions! I could not click to the previous page fast enough!

I love to crochet, but my hands do not love it anymore. We got those hoop things, first got the med round size, and made a TON of hats for the homeless last year. But then we got the long ones and it is suppose to make blankets and shalls (did I spell that right? hmmm I say no) But we have not done much with that.

I have been staring at my new sewing maching and the half quilted flannel lap quit...I really need to get that done, maybe if we close the office this afternoon I can........Bring on the snow and ice, I would love a partial day off!
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I never make good use of my time on days like that. I really need to do better with stuff like that. I could make a list of the things I want to do and then get to them as I can, but the list gets so long it becomes discouraging so I just sit and knit instead, or come here and check to see what you guys have said lately.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Glad you like the marrow.. its so nutritious.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I scooped the marrow out and put it in a glass jar in the fridge.

So let me just say WOWOWOWOW!

I had a pot of beef and cabbage/veggie soup on the stove, so I added more veggies and strained the bone broth directly into the soup, then let it cook for a little while. The first taste instantly brought a picture to my mind of my grandmother stirring a giant pot on her stove. It is so much richer and deeper tasting. I had always wondered why my grandmother's cooking was so good even though incredibly simple. Well here it is she made bone broths and it does make a difference. She did the same thing when she made chicken noodle soup (of course she raised the chickens), and turkey and wild rice soup, and lamb stew (she raised lambs too).

So this got me to thinking, recently there was a study on how homemade chicken noodle soup actually did help lessen the severity and shorten the duration of the common cold but they could not figure out why, and finally attributed it to a feeling of being "taken care of". I call BS on that, not that being taken care of didn't hurt, but it was the extra nutrients in the homemade soup.

The other thing I want to say about the soup with the bone broth in it is that it was much more satisfying/satiating, can't wait to see if it holds longer as well, I have a meeting to go to tonight from 6:30 to 8:30, I just finished eating my soup (running errands got me home late), and I would rather not eat when I get home as I don't sleep well when I eat late. I will report back on this.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

AWESOME!!! I will never go back to packaged broth again!!
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    The taste differences between the two are out of this world. Don't know why I've gotten lazy again since we've moved. I have bones in the freezer, as well as veggie scraps (carrots ends, celery, etc.) that I've been saving, time to get some soup in the pot!

So today I ate....

B: my BPC (4oz Almond milk, 1T HWC, 2 scoops Protein Powder, 16oz strong coffee, 1T coconut oil, 1T kerrygold, few drops stevia), plus another cup of coffee added when what I had left in the cup got cold. (finished this by 7am)
    L: 28g of raw almonds and a good sized bowl of the beef/cabbage/veggie/bone broth soup (YUM!!!), cup of coffee with 1T HWC (finished this around 2:30)
    D: 8oz Laura's lean ground beef, with tomatoes, onions, garlic, light sprinkle of parm. (ate this just after 6 on the way out the door essentially)

I wasn't totally hungry for the dinner, but was on the way to my meeting and it smelled soooo good. Have been having tea since I got home. The soup really did hang with me so much better with the bone broth added. Will definitely do this from now on! And I have enough soup in the fridge for lunch for at least the next week, so excited. It will take some planning though, and I will need to look for the bones on sale.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Your day of food sounds awesome. Wish I lived close - I'd try and find a reason to invite myself over to eat with you I have got to make some broth (first) and then try your beef and cabbage soup recipe!

I wish you lived closer too! Would love to have a support group in town! My home is always open for company!

Wt. this morning 257.8 so it is coming back down .8 I still feel fluffy today even though yesterday was a great day.

Well I learned something this morning, I can't microwave my version of BPC, the protein will coagulate, gross. So I only got a half a cup of it this morning. I was drinking too slowly and the house is cold so the part that was left got cold. In the past 2 days I just added more hot coffee and that worked, so I will do that again. I don't care for the microwave anyway.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey skinny girl!!! Keep plucking along!! OK.. we need to meet somewhere in the middle and have a "conference" or something... Course Paula is way in the heck up in New York.. here I thought I was in the boonies!! LOL
    Karin