Page 7 of 600 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 7

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My husband's snoring is a sinus thing. He has a private pilots license-which he rarely uses-but there is a long list of medications that would keep him grounded. Most of the things that might help the sinus are on that list. He uses a combo of things to try to help. I suppose it is better than it would be, but still enough to keep me awake. He has skin issues, especially on his face, pretty sure he could not stand a mask on it. He will not do primal, which I think might clear up his skin, in fact it seems right now to be contrary he is working hard to do the opposite. Of course he won't go shopping or cook and his contrary choices are becoming very limited in the house.

Maybe after my oral appliance arrives I will try to get him to try my CPAP with one of the nose masks I had tried and didn't work, that don't touch your face. He has tried to do 2 sleep studies, but they sent him home in the middle of the night both times, he could not fall asleep. Funny given he sleeps as soon as he stops moving at home.

I got the hubbs one of those wire less sets where he wears ear phones and the tv sound is sent to those. Worked really well once I got used to the changing light (ended up wearing an eye mask). Luckily we no longer have a tv in the bedroom. When if finally broke we did not replace it (YEAH!!!!)
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

rats, the scale has a strange draw, especially when one of 2 things happens. 1. I am doing really "well" with what ever protocol I am following regarding food. and 2. I have what I consider an off day or go off the protocol for whatever reason.

I felt like I had been doing pretty well, then yesterday went off course slightly with the dessert. No guilt, I chose it consciously, totally controlled. But curious this morning. My weight is still within the same 3 pound range that it was when I started Primal and then Leptin Reset. So I decided to plug in my planned meals to fitday and get my nutrient break downs, just to ease my mind going forward. So here goes...

B: Mocha, 4 eggs, spinach...Cals. 533; Fat. 32.4 (55%); Carbs. 5.4 (4%); Protein. 52.1 (41%)
    L: Salmon, avocado, mixed salad greens, vinegar...Cals. 428; Fat. 24.1 (48%); Carbs. 14 (12%); Protein 42.5 (40%)
    D: Beef, mixed salad greens, coconut oil, vinegar, cauliflower...Cals. 542; Fat 40.4 (66%); Carbs. 10.7 (7%); Protein 36.2 (27%)

So the daily totals...Cals. 1514; Fat 97 (57%); Carbs. 31.9 (8%); Protein 131.6 (35%)

I think this is exactly where I should be, so I will stay the course till my birthday, as planned, with no significant changes, following my 5 Leptin Rules.

p.s. I follow the beliefs of Paleobird, and others, that while this is not about calories in/calories out this is not meant to be a food shoveling free for all, and calories, on some level do count and so until I get to losing fat I will be counting them, or at least keeping aware. Not going to be obsessive about it, because I don't and won't measure my food.
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-17-2011 at 08:26 AM. Reason: adding p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

What I actually ate today...

B: mocha, 4 eggs, spinach, butter
    L: salad greens, salmon, avocado, vinegar and coconut oil
    D: beef, salad greens, tomato, cucumber, pepper, coconut oil and vinegar, spinach artichokes, bacon, coconut milk

Did a ton of yard work today. Weeding, and trimming and laid out 8 bales of pine straw. So lots of vitamin D.

Yummy. I am sleepy and will likely go to bed early. I am going to try to move downstairs and use the CPAP tonight, hoping dh's snoring doesn't keep me awake.
    Chris
    Unknown

ok so yesterday I had

B: mocha, 4 eggs cannot stomach the spinach so early
    L: Salad, meat, vinegar and coconut oil
    D: baby back ribs, salad with caesar dressing

Slept extremely well last night with the CPAP-went to bed at 8:30 woke up at 6:30 slept straight through.
    Chris
    Unknown

Alrightly, these eggs in the morning are starting to get to me, today I had to choke them down. NOT the way I want to start my day. Tomorrow I am going to switch to 2 scoops of protein powder and 1 scrambled egg. Which will give me slightly more protein, slightly less fat and calories, and a calmer stomach. We will see if it does as good a job keeping me from snacking in the afternoon, and if it can get me out of the afternoon slump.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Calories...I like the Leptin Reset for just that reason. It allows almost a natural calorie restriction effect. I also agree with Paleobird, but I didn't deliberately lower calories, I found that my body started to crave less most days.

Sweeteners...I have noticed that stevia raises my blood sugar where splenda does not. I'm still not sure what I am going to do. Purists would say use no sweetener, but that just ain't gonna happen right now.

I have very few vices left-quit smoking, drink VERY little, no sugar, no grains, no staying up late, cut way back on tv,etc.- and creamy sweet coffee is one I don't want to get rid of. I have not checked my blood sugar, not gotten motivated or curious enough to buy a meter, lancet, strips,so not sure if splenda or stevia does better with mine. The sugar free syrup I use uses erythritol (no idea how to spell that), but that is a rare treat, when I need dessert which I haven't since starting Leptin Reset.

This does seem to be naturally limiting my calories, I have not have even a twinge of an urge to snack. And I notice my meals are getting smaller.

p.s. I tracked a few days worth of nutrients and here is what I got...

Calories from 1,400 to 1,500
    Fat from 75g to 85g
    Carbs from 25g to 35g
    Protein from 140g to 145g

I am hoping that my body is in a healing stage and that all of a sudden fat will start melting right off!
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-19-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: add p.s.
    Chris
    Unknown

Monday's food...

B: mocha, 4 eggs
    L: romaine, cucumbers, salmon, avocado, coconut oil, vinegar
    D: prime rib, broccoli, very small caesar salad

Fluids: 16 oz of coffee, and 72 oz of water.

I did some volunteer work at the High school yesterday. Working on cleaning up the bulletin boards and getting college information and current event flyers on them instead of the newspaper articles someone (I know who, we have discussed it, she just doesn't get it-no one is going to stop in the middle of the hall on the way to class and read a newspaper article). Anyway, I am also working to get a sponsor for a scholar athlete of the month or week. It drives me crazy that they award a football player of the week but no mention of academic standards. I personally think this is the wrong focus, so I am working to get what I consider a better focus. Will dedicate one of the bulletin boards to it. Hey, I know I am letting the responsibility of the title "Head of bulletin boards" go to my head, but rank has its privileges!

Breakfast this morning was 16 oz. of coffee, 2 scoops of protein powder, 1 oz. cream, and 2 hard boiled eggs. This increases my protein from 51g to 64g and decreases my fat from 32 to 21g and calories from 540 to 480. Lets see how this affects 1. hunger, 2. the reset, 3. my weight, 4. my measurements. Lunch and dinner will remain the same for now (best to only change 1 thing at a time so you know what works and what doesn't).
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-20-2011 at 05:37 AM.
    Chris
    Unknown

So at lunch today I decided to have a cup of tea-black chai-and put in a generous tablespoon of coconut milk in it and 5 drops of stevia. YUM, forgot how nice it is to just have a cup of tea. Doing the coconut oil vinaigrette is a PITA because it is solid at room temp, I could have added the oil to the tea but honestly the milk was lovely! Cannot wait until I can do my fav green macha with the coconut milk.

So had that and romaine with avocado, salmon, and olive oil and vinegar. I had tried the coconut oil because the Kruse site had said it is slightly better, but a true PITA,.
    Chris
    Unknown

So yesterday's meals...

B: mocha with 2 scoops of protein powder, 2 hard boiled eggs
    L: romaine, avocado, salmon, olive oil, vinegar, chai tea with coconut milk
    D: tilapia and scallops poached in butter with a lemon pepper sprinkle-absolutely fantastic, especially the resulting broth! spinach salad with mushrooms and a coconut oil vinaigrette, sleepy time tea with coconut milk.

Totally falling into the whole routine with the food. I think that keeping it simple is best for me. No fancy recipes or complicated recipes with lots of ingredients.
    Chris
    Unknown

Page 7 of 600 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast