Page 66 of 549 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 66

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Mine will drink mocha...cream, sweetener, chocolate syrup, splash of coffee
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

262.2 Rats. Official weigh in day and I am back where I started the week.

I am just going to have to break the addiction to sugar and flour. Can't have a little bit, or even a taste, just cannot put it into my mouth, period.

I just do not understand how I can continue to put that stuff in my mouth, even a little bit and I start to feel like crap. I actually had a headache yesterday. I never get headaches, I have had maybe 5 in my life. I feel achy, and my joints are stiff. I know it is from eating crap, so I gotta stop. But you think the body would say "I have no desire to eat that stuff it makes me feel like crap". I mean evolutionarily it doesn't make sense to crave something that makes the body perform on such a sub par level.

I have a lot of errands to run today, which will keep me out of the kitchen anyway and hopefully help with the 6,000 steps.

I messed up the bind off of my cable scarf/collar, I probably wouldn't wear it anyway as I made a cowl in the same yarn, so I am going to rip it out and use the yarn for something else. At least now I know how to do cable knit. I will start on a bathing suit cover up for my mom, I already have the yarn-which is a cotton blend in black with a little sparkle in it. Really cool. It is a lacy pattern, so lots of new stitches to learn-keep the brain working.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-09-2012 at 05:10 AM. Reason: to finish
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    flour and sugar are poison to your system.. hence your bodies reaction to them. I find it weird that we crave what is toxic to us. hmmm

Hang in there.. its great you are busy and it will keep you out of the kitchen. That is one reason I struggle during breaks. Have a great and busy day. Did you ever find a class to join? Can't remember.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    It is good to be busy. I am glad to be back to work today.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am just going to have to break the addiction to sugar and flour. Can't have a little bit, or even a taste, just cannot put it into my mouth, period.

ed up the bind off of my cable scarf/collar, I probably wouldn't wear it anyway as I made a cowl in the same yarn, so I am going to rip it out and use the yarn for something else. At least now I know how to do cable knit. I will start on a bathing suit cover up for my mom, I already have the yarn-which is a cotton blend in black with a little sparkle in it. Really cool. It is a lacy pattern, so lots of new stitches to learn-keep the brain working.
    I have found that zero tolerance is the only thing that works. For some reason though, it is seems much harder this time of year. Can't wait for longer days and warmer weather.

Good on you with the knitting. I'm considering giving it a go. It's always been so much harder for me that crotcheting. Have some yarn and needles sitting next to me in fact. Need to decide what to make...

ooo, I found a site called http://www.ravelry.com/ it is a free site, that has tons of easily searchable patterns, and you can choose to only search free ones. I spent enough time on there when I discovered it to actually have really knitted something!

I am with ya on the zero tolerance. I think it is not so much this time of year for me, as it is trying to recover from a long hard fall. But I am doing very well today, I seem to have gone back over to the other side regarding my general attitude.

My 1950's glass, electric percolator died mid-perk this morning. So I had an excuse to buy a new one. Unfortunately percolators are not easy to find, so I switched gears and got a Keurig. Hopefully, for the price-sheesh, it will last as long as my percolator did! We got the percolator from DH's parents home when they downsized 15 years ago. They had not used it in a long time, but it was definitely used when we got it. So that little baby did very well, so sad to see it go as it is a great conversation piece as well as making a great cup of cowboy coffee (boiled basically!).

I didn't find a class yet, I was interrupted mid-search, I will get back to it now. thanks for the reminder.
    Chris
    Unknown

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    let me know how you like the keurig. I see them, yup they are pricey but I always wonder how the coffee is.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

The coffee is very good, perfect temperature, 192, it is on the grinds for a short enough period that you don't get the bitterness. They have mini ones that are no more pricey than a good drip. I really like it, DS really likes it, DH does not like change, he wants the retro percolator back. Downsides to the Keurig, one cup at a time, not good for company, and I like a big cup of coffee, the largest on the keurig pours is 12 oz, so I just do 2 of the smaller cups and use a stronger roast. You can use a K-cup filter and your own coffee, where you have control over the strength and it is cheaper, but you have to rinse the cup after each use. Or you can go pricier (about 50 to 75 cents a cup) and just use one of the disposable ones. They also have hot chocolate and teas or you can just get hot water for your own. It is great for me since I am using a cup of hot water for tea so many times a day.
    Chris
    Unknown

260.4, yeah, down 1.8, my reward for a totally clean day. I feel like I am back mentally.

I spent the whole day running around looking for that darn percolator, as well as getting the oil changed in the car, trying to get my ring looked at (my mom lost the diamond in her engagement ring just before Christmas and now I am nervous about mine) but the store was closed, looking for stuff for the church service this coming Sunday, bank, post office, rifle practice, etc. you get the picture! worn out. Slept great!

After work I need to put the Christmas stuff away. I always put this off because it is depressing to me. But now it is getting depressing just sitting out unlit. One year my sister left hers out all year and redecorated for each holiday (St. Patty's, Valentines, etc...) every 6 weeks or so. Obviously it was easier to just take it down so she only did it that one year.

Dh goes out of town tomorrow, so I should be able to get a ton of stuff done this week, looking forward to it.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    OOOH, a year round xmas tree. Great work on the clean day and congrats on the loss.

We like coffe makers with grinders. We put in out favorite beans and out comes great coffee. The keurig does appeal to my sense of simplicity.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-10-2012 at 05:04 AM.