Page 62 of 623 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162562 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 62

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think the part that drove me over the edge is that in the past years, we had maybe a dip and chips a couple of days (easy enough to by pass) and one big carb laden breakfast (really easy to by pass-I don't like to eat in the morning). The rest was a make yourself breakfast and lunch and snacks and we came together to make a nice dinner. And the year I am actively working to lose weight is the year that the flood gates open to junk food.

Back to work tomorrow.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    yeah for the loss!! See your body was just waiting for the right stuff!! You were missed and we are glad your back. Oh, about the bullet proof coffee- it actually is an old drink in the east made with tea. Perhaps one of your afternoon teas can be made bulletproof. Can't hurt and the worst you find out.. you do not like it.

Want to hear a positive?? I am knocking on wood like crazy.. my mom got sick over Christmas- she was sick for over a week. I DID NOT GET SICK!!! Its amazing.. because as you know I get everything!! Thought I would share a happy with ya Perhaps my immune system is getting stronger??
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    + 1 to the friendship & feelings comments.

I called my best friend right after my Mom died, but I haven't had the strength to talk to her again since. The same thing happened when her Mom died our senior year of college. She came back after the holidays and told me and all of her close friends that her Mom had died just after Christmas and then she didn't want to talk about it anymore. Both of our Moms died of ovarian cancer. Her's was only in her late 50's.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 01-03-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Karin, that is huge, you not catching your mom's cold. Love the idea of trying it in one of my afternoon teas. Will have to figure out how to fit that in to my daily allowances.

Paula, thanks. It does help to explain why we basically did not spend any time together since the spring. She works as a manager at a swim and tennis club in the summer and it swamps her, but usually she finds things for me to do around the club so we can hang out for a bit here and there. This year was all emails.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-04-2012 at 05:11 AM. Reason: spelling
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

so WT. this morning 260.8, down 1 (1.4 for the week).

I am feeling much better, both mentally and physically. Dropping the carbage from my diet certainly helps. Getting back to my normal routine probably helps as well.

Go back to work today to our annual staff meeting.

The talk that DH and I had the other day seems to have helped to soften the edge that was creeping into our conversations, so we are moving in the right direction.

DD has been pleasant since we have gotten home, so I am not sure what her attitude while we were on vaca was all about.

DS is a high school junior, I think sullen is a requirement for them! But he has been marginally more pleasant, or at least had less attitude although is still basically the strong silent type, since we returned from vaca.

I suspect some of the attitude toward me was in my head, some of it brought on by myself, and some of it just them being out of their routines and eating crap. It is good to be home.
    Chris
    Unknown

So I am thinking about this Bullet Proof Coffee idea. Or actually Bullet Proof Tea, given my afternoon lull. Will stop by the store today for some Kerrygold and start a new thing tomorrow...

B: My new morning mocha...16oz very strong coffee, 1 scoop of whey, 3T heavy cream, stevia
    L: protein (probably salmon), 1/2 an avocado, veggies (maybe soup), 1T ACV in 1Liter of water, tea with 1T Kerrygold & 1T coconut oil
    D: protein (probably pot roast), large salad, roasted broccoli

I also end up drinking 5 to 8 mugs of tea a day right now, each with just a few drops of stevia in them, and sometimes another liter of water.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-04-2012 at 05:46 AM. Reason: spelling
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    How awesome about the loss! I will be following everyone's experiences with Bullet Proof. I'm not sure how to incorporate it without letting some of my essential veggies fall by the wayside (because I usually have 1 veggies at breakfast).

Glad the family seems to have shaken out of their funk

kids and their attitudes.. lol seems that a lot of my students have more attitude than when they left.. I think they are morphing into 7th graders already- its too soon!!!

Did you talk to your daughter to find out what and why there was a problem on the vacation with her and the bf?
    Karin

yeah for loss!!! I got an email from Matt checking up on me. Hard to tell him I am @ the same place I was last time I talked to him *sigh*
    Karin

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I got an email as well. I have made little progress