Page 616 of 693 FirstFirst ... 116516566606614615616617618626666 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 6921

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 616

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So on Dudla's move in day I got 7,345 steps and 15 flights of stairs. There was no line, no back up at the elevator, and a row of carts to carry the stuff just waiting for us.

On Boo's move in day I got 10,042 steps and 30 flights of stairs. They actually had the RA's come out and pack your stuff onto carts, then walked in with Boo while he checked in and took his stuff up to his room. In the mean time I had to go find the parking garage and find my way back to the dorm. we unpacked all of his stuff, then went to get Dudla, walked down to get dinner, then drove to the new Walmart to pick up the last few things they needed.

both are happy with their rooms and (so far) their roommates. Boo is rooming with his best friend since 4th grade, Dudla has 3 new best friends. Boo keeps friends for life, Dudla has a new BFF often.

My weight this morning was 248.2, so up 5 pounds in just over a week. I am not concerned, I totally paid no attention to what I ate in the past week, (except I did make a chocolate cake with frangelica buttercream icing to celebrate Boo getting his license and Dudla's first paid speaking gig, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!!) I am surprised it is only 5!

Tonight we have the concert picnic situation. Tomorrow is a fast day.

247.8 this morning, today is my fast day. So far so good. There is plenty of leftover food for Honey to eat for dinner so I will not have to spend any time in the kitchen.

Need to color my hair today. I have not washed it since the first time I used the cleansing conditioner! I would have washed it yesterday though as I felt like it needed it (not oily-but mine never is, just didn't feel clean any more) but I prefer to color the roots on not freshly washed hair.

The rest of the day is catch up housekeeping and laundry. We have intermittent storms all day, so no computer and no gardening. I will do the treadmill while my hair is processing.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Wow on the stairs! I consider a work out when I do 5 flights a day. on the empty nest. Plan something nice for yourself.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Yep me too, I am feeling those 30 in my legs today!!!

Honey and I are planning 2 trips soon. One with BFF and her hubby, and one with the couple who introduced us. Dates are set we just have to decide on location. I will also make a trip to Florida at the end of September. One of my favorite people in the world will be here on Thursday and Friday. Also I am hosting a bridal shower for BFF's daughter on Saturday, which I am making cake balls for. Then her wedding is mid-September and I am doing the bride's hair as well as at least one of the bridesmaid's. We also have 2 more of the Bluebird on the Mountain concerts. So I will be busy this fall, but it the the lulls between busy that are so very quiet.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like there will be very few lulls If you are near Gainesville let me know! Would be fun to meet.
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Will do!
    Chris
    Unknown

244.6 this morning after yesterday's successful fast. That puts me back within 8 tenths of my recent low, so not much damage done. Today is a non-fasting day.

I am making cake balls for BFF's daughter's bridal shower, so shop today for the ingredients, bake the cake, and mix in the icing ingredients. Then let it mellow till Wednesday and I will form the balls and freeze them, then Sunday morning I will dip them in the chocolate. The shower is Sunday afternoon, so I will switch my fasting day from Sunday to Saturday this week.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Sounds like a great day! I can't wait to try your famous cake balls some day.....

not sure how good they are going to be, I haven't made them in over a year and while I found the recipe that I think is the last one, I am sure there were changes that are not on it. I have a dozen and a half of the nutella truffles left, so I am going to take those to the shower as well (get them out of the house!)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well the cake part tastes great (don't even ask me how I know-bleh, way too much tasting), but they oozed liquid, which I think is because I added the cream cheese before the cake had totally cooled. It is in the fridge aging now, hopefully that will help it all work its way back together, or leave me a pool in the bottom of the container so I can drain it. Anyway, I will dip 18 for the shower, then do a dozen for our new neighbor, a dozen for each of Honey's assistants (3 of them), and a dozen for dinner on Saturday night at a friends.

So we are planning to go to a friend's home for dinner on Saturday night, so I am switching my DD back to Sunday, I just won't eat at the shower-easy enough since it is actually mid afternoon and not a meal anyway.

Today is a fast day as well as a work day.

I have been having trouble falling asleep. Not sure why all of a sudden, but once asleep my efficiency is very high. I actually hit 100% the other night, but it took me almost an hour to fall asleep. I am tired when I get up to go to bed, but as soon as I lay down I am wide awake.