Page 61 of 652 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161561 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 61

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I would love to see your paintings.

As for the vacation.. I do not know what to say. It sounds frustrating and yes, it sounds like you were blindsided (it really does not matter the reason does it?) Perhaps, next year's plans need to be changed. Perhaps you and your parents go on vacation and everyone else stays home to fend for themselves? Not being appreciated or considered hurts and I am so sorry your vacation was not as you hoped it would be.

You need to remember, you are worth it. What is "it"? "It" is anything desirable, pleasant and good.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Karin.

I am ok now. I am not good at holding onto hurts usually within a week or so I forget.

I cannot figure out how to upload photos onto this sight. But if you are a member at sparkpeople.com many of my paintings are on my "spark page" in photos there. There are murals and window paintings as well as some of my canvas.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Oh Chris, I am so sorry for your disappointment. What a shame that you were put into the position of having no healthy food choices. All week long I thought you weren't on here by choice. I agree with Karin, maybe a change of vacation is in order. I gained 5.5 on vacation, but it was my decision. My MIL had bought all kinds of good food along with a lot of bad food. I'm glad we're all back together and our little group is growing.

Weight this morning 261.8, down .4! First of the first 30 days clean!

I feel so much better this morning. I think next year we are going to go to St. Augustine, just our family. With Christmas falling during the week it would be difficult to get a time when we (BFF's family and ours) could all go away together anyway, so it is the perfect excuse. Plus, that way we could actually spend Christmas with my siblings and their families, which would make my parents very happy. And Dh and the kids and I used to spend every Thanksgiving in St. Augustine so it would bring back great memories.

Yesterday, felt good, I got some good food in the house, did some cleaning, worked on the knitting I am trying to finish (I taught myself to cable knit and am working on a sort of collar/scarf in a soft pink). DH and I actually had a great day together, chatted about BFF's marital situation and I think it kind of freaked us both out a bit because BFF's marriage would seem like the marriage we all aspire to have. He came and ate dinner with me at the dining room table instead of in front of the tv!

Way too cold and windy for a walk outside, I just don't have the gear to do it-and don't need it because it is rare that it is this cold and windy here. Treadmill wouldn't work yesterday, will try again today. Tuesday is also the day for my EM's so I will do that for sure.

For my exercise, I plan to do the EM's once a week and do a 30 minute walk every day, for now.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    It does feel good to be back on track. I missed our group a lot.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I think your idea for next Christmas sounds great. You and the hubs talking things out- BONUS!!

Hang in there chickie.. we can do anything for 30 days!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I missed our little group as well, you guys help to keep me honest as I don't want to disappoint, but also I know that you are here for me if I do slip. Which I positively will not do for at least the next 29 days. I have to be careful not to get too attached to staying clean in January, as I obviously want it to continue throughout the whole year.

I have essentially 100 pounds to lose. In order to do that by the end of the year, I have to lose 2 pounds a week. No goofing off! Well, ok, I can fall behind in 2 weeks of the year, but that is all!
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Yay for being down today!

I love that you and your husband had some good conversation. I've learned the hard way about how much work this marriage business is. I don't have good role models - my mom was married 3x, my dad 2x, my favorite uncle 3x, and my other uncle 2x. Not a good track record to figure out what to do

On your BFF...if I could offer a few thoughts (that may not apply at all). My BFF and I have been friends since my freshman year in HS. She's awesome. I can tell her anything. In some ways, she knows me better than my husband (who I've been with for 17 years). Two years ago, I went through some really, really, really hard times. My marriage almost fell apart over things. I could barely function at work. Shoot, I could barely function. I didn't tell my BFF. I didn't call her. I avoided her calls. Not because she wasn't the best BFF in the world (she is), I just couldn't handle it. I don't know why I couldn't/wouldn't talk to her. It just seemed like too much. Maybe with her because I can't pretend that none of it existed? I still don't know. Anyway, I spout all this dribble to say that it might not have been you or how good a friend you are...she may have been going through similar unexplicable emotions like I was.

I actually thought of that, because sometimes the really hard stuff is too hard to talk about, so I think there is something to what you say. Now that I have had a couple of nights of good sleep and time to ruminate, I suspect I over reacted, luckily only you guys saw it!
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well, a bad food situation can really impact emotions. I was super grumpy and emotional on our vacation over the whole food thing...DH didn't really understand (until we got home, my face broke out BIG time, and I got the flu...when I'm hardly ever sick).