Page 6 of 619 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 6

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I ended up having Coconut soup (coconut milk with chicken and mushrooms) and Peanut sauce with beef served over spinach. So even though peanuts are not totally primal, there was no sugar or thickener in the sauce. I didn't have rice or noodles or anything, so all in all pretty good. And the food was fantastic!

p.s. somehow we got to chatting and someone asked how long I had been married, I said 20 years and she said I thought you got married in your 30's and asked how old I was, when I said I turn 53 this November they were all shocked (or at least said they were) their consensus was that I looked 10 years younger! So a very good afternoon.
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-12-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: to add p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

did well today...

B: mocha, beef jerky
    L: coconut soup, beef with peanut sauce over spinach
    D: Talbut (fish) sauteed in butter, romaine, olive oil, vinegar, broccoli, choco/coconut bite

p.s. added my 30 minute walk this morning, will edit tomorrow to add my pedometer reading...8,437. Not bad. my goal is to get my daily total to 12,000
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-13-2011 at 04:45 AM. Reason: to add p.s.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Today's planned foods...

B: 4 eggs, coffee, cream, whey powder-6am
    L: romaine, salmon, avocado, flaxseed meal, vinegar, choco bite 1pm
    D: pot roast, veggie (gotta stop by the farmer's market) - ended up being sauteed cabbage- 7pm

p.s. yesterday's pedometer reading was...7179, I changed my morning route and turns out it was a little shorter.
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-14-2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: to add ps
    Chris
    Unknown

No walk this morning, I am tired, so my steps for today will likely be low. Did not sleep well last night, Dh is still snoring so I am in the spare room, and the CPAP is leaking so not wearing it. Teh oral appliance will hopefully come in next week!

I think I am starting to fall into a nice pattern regarding eating. Tonight starts Wednesday night suppers at church, I go because I have to take ds anyway, but I often don't eat the meal and instead just socialize, but tonight they are having a meal that looks like I can eat most of it. The new hostess/chef is into local and seasonal, so I am excited about that.

B: 4 eggs, coffee, cream, whey protein - 6am
    L: romaine, salmon, avocado, flaxseed meal, vinegar, choco bite
    D: TBD
    Chris
    Unknown

So I checked the dinner menu and it was doable for me, but when I got to church there was no salad left and one very small piece of skinless white meat chicken. There was tons of pasta salad and bean/corn salad as well as desserts. So I had the piece of chicken and about 10 strawberries. But then at bedtime a thunderstorm came up and I could not sleep between that, the hunger, and a mild headache. So I got up and had a homemade breakfast bar at 10:30, so technically either my dinner or the breakfast bar is a snack and messes up my Leptin Reset.

I am refining my rules for the Leptin Reset after more research (I know I am going to stop the research and just do it..)

RULE 1: Never eat after dinner-this one stays, and dinner should be finished at least 3 hours before bedtime, preferably 4-5 hours

RULE 2: Eat 3 primal meals a day, no snacks, they should be 5 to 6 hours apart

RULE 3 : Do not eat large meals, eat to satisfaction not to stuffed, and don't leave the table hungry

RULE 4: Eat a high protein-50+g- breakfast soon after arising-preferably within 30 minutes

RULE 5: Reduce the amount of carbs eaten, this should be 25g to 35g.

There is nothing really different just better defined.

So tomorrow's planned meals...

B: coffee, cream, protein powder, stevia, 4 eggs
    L: romaine, salmon, avocado, vinegar (no olive oil for now) choco/coconut bite
    D: leftover meats, cucumber salad, asparagus (about 7 spears-these are a bit high in carbs)

High likelihood I will be tired tomorrow since it is 1:30 now and not likely to be asleep before 2, wake up at 5:30, not looking like I will walk in the morning.
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-17-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: add 'primal' to rule #2
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Lady, I'm joining you on the Leptin Reset. I prefer the 5 rules that you are using based on "Mastering Leptin" rather than the Jack Kruse method which seems kind of convoluted.

Question: Does your Whey protein powder have artificial sweetener? Mine does. I am trying to drop them (AS), but I don't know how I can get in 50 gms of protein at breakfast without it.

I ordered one (Jay Robb chocolate whey and I really like the taste) that is sweetened with Stevia. I also add about 5 drops of liquid stevia, it is the only sweetener I am using.

I am also on a Leptin Reset thread and they are telling me that I am supposed to drop the whey as well as the stevia. So that is why I reposted the 5 rules, as I totally agree that Dr. K is too hard to read (poor grammar in something like a website drives me crazy, get an editor) and too hard to follow. The rules popping up on different pages as after thoughts are the exact sort of thing that will throw me off a protocol. So I am sticking with the 5 rules I found from Mastering Leptin. Although they do say you can eat more carbs, for me that is a slippery slope.

I do also have "Unjury" unflavored, so it is unsweetened, but I think it is gross (you can mask the taste easily but the smell stays). And there is always egg white powder I guess, also unflavored and unsweetened. But I sort of thought that if I am eating 4 eggs for breakfast, a different source for my protein might make it more complete and therefore better?
    Chris
    Unknown

Today was fun, our BFF's came for dinner and cards. So much fun.

B: mocha, homemade beef jerky
    L: pork, avocado, chocoo/coconut bite (actually only ate 1/2)
    D: BAS, NY strip, homemade dessert (mascarpone, sour cream, whipped cream, Davinci SF syrup)-too much and too late

Not bad food wise, the artificial sweetener in the Davinci was not primal, but every thing else was. Unless I stay up until midnight I ate too late.
    Chris
    Unknown

tired this morning, probably should go back to the CPAP while I wait for the oral appliance, if I could just get dh to stop snoring.

Today's food...

B: mocha, 4 eggs, spinach, 1T butter
    L: Salad, salmon, avocado
    D: meat, veggie
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-17-2011 at 05:46 AM. Reason: oops, forgot to plan food
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I was happy when my husband got a cpap because he stopped snoring. Now if I could just get him to leave the tv off at night.

Page 6 of 619 FirstFirst ... 456781656106506 ... LastLast