Page 54 of 666 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154554 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 54

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Paula, addictions come in many flavors, hard to not visit your support group!
    Yes, but I have been a very bad teacher this week...posting during classes etc. Right now my College level class is taking a quiz.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    watching kids take a quiz is like watching paint dry, you gotta work the brain too.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

257.6, that is the low weight for the week, and it is 1.4 down from yesterday (before the party!)

I ended up wearing a new royal blue dress to the party instead of the red one, for several reasons. I needed to wear flats as I did a lot of standing around, and then a tour of the historic mansion, decorated circa 1890, was part of the festivities. The blue dress looked great with the flats, the red dress needed the boots. Also, DH wore a red sweater that was the exact color of the dress, we would have looked too matchy matchy.

Had a great time, ate very little, drank water as I was the designated driver. Several people mentioned my weight loss, asking how I did it. I start with, "well I gave up sugar and flour" then once they realize that means no bread or pasta, they usually say they could never do that. Odd cause I don't miss it at all! Then if they are still interested I tell them about SPEED and give them the website site. If they are still following along, then I talk about primal, although I don't use the word, about how it is all about way more than a diet, or even just a lifestyle change, it is a paradigm shift. If they are still with me, then I give them the name "Primal blueprint".

By next year's party, I am going to just have cards printed up that say something like "do you really wanna know" on the front and the websites for the Primal Blueprint and SPEED on the back!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    257.6, that is the low weight for the week, and it is 1.4 down from yesterday (before the party!)

I ended up wearing a new royal blue dress to the party instead of the red one, for several reasons. I needed to wear flats as I did a lot of standing around, and then a tour of the historic mansion, decorated circa 1890, was part of the festivities. The blue dress looked great with the flats, the red dress needed the boots. Also, DH wore a red sweater that was the exact color of the dress, we would have looked too matchy matchy.

Had a great time, ate very little, drank water as I was the designated driver. Several people mentioned my weight loss, asking how I did it. I start with, "well I gave up sugar and flour" then once they realize that means no bread or pasta, they usually say they could never do that. Odd cause I don't miss it at all! Then if they are still interested I tell them about SPEED and give them the website site. If they are still following along, then I talk about primal, although I don't use the word, about how it is all about way more than a diet, or even just a lifestyle change, it is a paradigm shift. If they are still with me, then I give them the name "Primal blueprint".

By next year's party, I am going to just have cards printed up that say something like "do you really wanna know" on the front and the websites for the Primal Blueprint and SPEED on the back!
    sounds like you made a good choice with the wardrobe and had a good time at the party. I know what you mean in not missing sugar or flour and most peoples reactions. How awesome people are noticing!!! LOVE the idea of the cards!! Let me know if you get them printed. I find most people want NO restrictions and miraculous weight loss. *sigh* wouldn't we all??
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I love your description of people's reaction. Everyone always wants to know what I've done...but they don't bother to listen once they realize they can't eat everything they want, whenever they want, and magically find the weight falling off. What's odd? I don't feel like I'm working that hard. It's not easy, but not hard. Maybe it's because I'm not hungry. Sure, I'm passing up most of the stuff offered...but it's because I haven't seen anything really special yet.

Yeah for the blue dress! Bet you looked stunning.

I can't dance to save my life, but DH and I are going to take ballroom dance classes in the new year. I'm excited.

weight today 256.2! Loss for week is officially 2 pounds! yeah. that was a roller coaster week!

I agree that it generally seems easy while I am doing it. Sometimes not so much when I step on the scale-but as long as I can stay focused on the trend and not the number, you are right, pretty easy. Not generally hungry, certainly do not feel deprived, and yes when I do veer off the plan I make sure it is worth it, and very little seems worth it. I do though, remember a friend telling me she thought she had celiac and was giving up gluten (basically flour), and me thinking she must be mad, surely there is a pill she can take.

Thanks, I felt stunning in the dress, my hair worked out very well (it had stopped raining), and my makeup was perfect-enough to look like I took an effort without looking like I threw the whole makeup case on!

DH signed me up for dance lessons the second week we were dating-he didn't know how to spell my last name! We took swing dance lessons for years, took a part of our honeymoon at a week long swing dance camp in West Virginia. We used to go to dances every week, until I was put on bed rest during my first pregnancy, just never picked it back up. We are looking to add them back in this year, hopefully. They are a tad pricey ($80 a couple a lesson) and we sort of have a head start on all of our current friends, when we did them before there was another couple we went to the lessons with and they were community ed- so very much cheaper-we were living in Florida at the time. I was trying to find an instructor that would be willing to teach the lessons at a fixed price, and then we could find couples to join in. The more couples the cheaper per couple price. I had gotten it worked out to do it at our church, but could not get enough couples to commit to make it worth while. Lots of interest, no commitment.

My suggestion would be to get really good at one particular dance, that will get you through the lead/follow issues, and past having to watch your feet, then it is easier to learn other dances. Once we learned swing (after about a year straight of lessons and weekly dances), we started to mix up the lessons and took six week sets of lessons in 2-step, and waltz, and foxtrot, etc. and all of them were easier because we had already worked out the details of leading and following. Huge fun!
    Chris
    Unknown

Wow, It is so great that you met your 2 lb/wk goal. The dancing lessons sound like fun. My husband and I cannot even dance slow together without lead/follow issues. I'm always jealous of those couples that seem to dance together so effortlessly. I guess there is probably a lot of training behind it.

When we were taking one of the many sets of lessons we took, we were having trouble getting a certain move. So we asked the instructor about it, and he said "it is a lead/follow issue my man, you are gonna have to break that puppy" Crazy hick is lucky this puppy didn't pop him. But he was right. It took us over a year for him to have the confidence to lead and for me to learn to dance a quarter beat slow so I could follow. When slow dancing, I close my eyes, it helps. With swing dancing it is the combination of momentum and years of practice, he tends to do moves in a similar order. Which thinking about it I can't tell you but once the music starts I follow it. We had not danced, literally since my first pregnancy when I got put on bed rest. Then a couple of years ago we were at his brother's wedding and the band played our wedding song, the first dance one, "In The Mood" Glenn Miller. So I said, come on they made the band play that for us, we have to go dance. So we got up and had not forgotten a thing, after about 15 years of not dancing, actually opened up the dance floor, we did so well. Our kids were flabbergasted! Could not believe we could dance like that. So much fun.

p.s. did you start to wear your gowearfit (or whatever it was called?), I am worried about your sleep.
    Chris
    Unknown

Thanks, you reminded me. I had to reinstate my account because my old card expired. The last time I wore my gowearfit was May 7th. I was averaging 5hrs and 14 minutes of sleep. With a sleep efficiency 84%. Total average lying down time 6hrs and 7 min. Not good. I imagine that I am doing about the same now. That is almost a 3 hr sleep deficit nightly.

I'm charging it now and will wear it tonight. I'll post my results tomorrow on the goals thread.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We'll have the same lead issues when we dance. I'm naturally one who wants to be in control. My husband goes with the flow. In general, it's why we are so well matched. But, that's not optimal in dancing.

Paula, do you drink magnesium (not sure if you can with the coumadin)? I find it incredibly helpful with the sleep.