Page 53 of 665 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 53

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    I am sure that being able to sit with the heating pad at work is super helpful. I have also gone ahead and done the full dosing for the Tylenol to reduce any swelling, since I know that ice is really better at inflammation, but heat feels so much better and helps with blood circulation. It still has twinges, but, so far it is looking like boots for the party!

as soon as I go track my lunch, I am off to decorate the tree.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I do not have heat at school I take advil and just suck it up. I agree that ice is probably better but I abhor ice (I hate the cold of about any kind). Heat is more comforting.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

given yours is from an infection, heat is probably better. Increased circulation will help move the bad stuff away and out of the system. I hate cold as well. I would do without before I would ice my back, especially in winter!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

259 this morning. bouncy bouncy from 257 to 259 back and forth for almost 3 weeks now. I will spend some time this weekend going back over my tracking to see what I was eating when I was successful. I have been having trouble in the afternoons, getting hungry at 4pm. I don't think that snacking is good for my weight loss. It doesn't really matter what I snack on (it has been 10 walnut halves with 10 dried banana chips) I think chemically even if it is celery, my body does better letting go of fat if I don't need/eat one.

It could be sleep issues, and since this morning is the last morning till January 4th that I have to wake up at 5:30, this should be taken care of. I can sleep till 7 on work mornings and that is not an unreasonable time even for my days off, so I will shift my sleep schedule from 9:30-5:30 to 11-7 which my body strongly prefers. Maybe that is why I always lose weight on vacation, I can follow my own natural sleep rhythms.

It is raining today, so that means my hair will want to revert to its natural curls at the party tonight. Normally not a big deal, but the color is still too dark and my skin is a little pale so it makes me look a little "goth" when it gets the tight curls, not a good look for an overweight 50 year old woman! Add to that, the party is at a plantation mansion and there are tours of the mansion so I won't wear the boots, they are boots for looking good, NOT for touring mansions. It will be fine as I found a pair of dressy flats in the back of my closet I forgot I had.

I tried the dress on yesterday with its undergarments and it looks and feels great! Maybe the rain will stop.
    Chris
    Unknown

Chris- I find snacking, among other things halts the losing. I just suck it up, deal with the empty and decide.. is it time to start gnawing on my arm and just eat early OR am I just empty (which is not always comfortable) and can wait. My mom finds she can not do this because of her diabetes but this is what I do and am constantly focusing on before I eat.

Lucky you that you do not have to get up early for a while. I have to get up early to next Wednesday.. next Thursday I can sleep in!

Have FUN at the party tonight!! Congrats on the dress- how exciting. I can not wait to be able to buy a dress that I look good in. Do not worry about the hair. A bit of color on your face and you will not look goth. I envy your curly hair by the way!
    Karin

thanks.

I think what I need to do is just go sit in the other room and listen to a meditation. I am sure a part of it is that I feel overwhelmed with what I have to do and very little of it is stuff I really want to do (ie. mostly housekeeping). But when I first started this part of my journey, I didn't have this problem. I mean I still had too much to do that I didn't really want to do, but I didn't have the need to snack like I used to. Maybe it was all just new enough that I was able to stay away and now I am creeping into old habits.

As I said, today I will have an early dinner, and plan to do a nap/meditation as well so I should be fine. And the new sleep pattern will help as well. But you are right, I basically need to just walk away as I know the snacking-no matter what I put in my mouth-creates a stall. It is definitely an empty as opposed to a gnawing hunger. I get the gnawing hunger by the time I eat my lunch, but since I eat a good, reasonably high protein, with good fat at lunch around 1, it cannot possibly be gnawing hunger at 4!
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    I agree that snacking can be a slippery slope. You are so determined, I know that you can drop the snacks no problem. Did you up your fats yet? That should help.

Have fun at the party tonight. I have one too. Sadly It is just drinking and eating, no dancing. I love dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I agree that snacking can be a slippery slope. You are so determined, I know that you can drop the snacks no problem. Did you up your fats yet? That should help.

Have fun at the party tonight. I have one too. Sadly It is just drinking and eating, no dancing. I love dancing.
    throw on some music and put your dancing shoes on!!! Get the party started Paula!! LOL
    Karin

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    We are having it at a restaurant that will be open to the public so no music allowed.

I'm not doing very well with my stay off MDA resolution. lol

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    no dancing at ours either. I think my news years resolution (which I NEVER make) this year is to get DH started back to our swing dance lessons. We spent our first 2 years together swing dancing (his idea).

No, I have not really upped my fat yet, but today I am working on it. I may have to get some Thai Kitchen coconut milk for my morning mocha, I use Trader Joes and I like it because it is just coconut milk and water, it is "light" so not much fat there. I am going to go back to a whole avocado today at lunch too.

I will not let this derail me. I just printed off a few of the articles from gnolls.org on hunger and eating. Very scientific, and interesting. I will let you know if I learn anything useful.

Paula, addictions come in many flavors, hard to not visit your support group!
    Chris
    Unknown