Page 52 of 665 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 52

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    So this is what I get for bragging that I never have back issues! I have no muscle relaxers in the house as the last time I needed them was at least 10 years ago, and the pain pill (I have to do variations of Tylenol because of my IBD) works but only for 4 hours, so I was up last night at 2am, and in way too much discomfort to consider going downstairs to get another one. Could barely walk this morning, but have taken tylenol and am starting to loosen up. I will take the heating pad to work.

To add insult to injury, I am up another 2/10ths of a pound, 259.2. Very puffy today because yesterday I did not want to have to get up to get myself something to drink, and I didn't want to have to keep getting up to go to the bathroom. I am going to go very low carb for the next 3 days in the hope that I can release the excess water and still salvage the red dress idea, even if I do have to wear flats with it. Also, as a consequence of the back I had very little movement yesterday, although I was only 600 steps shy of my target for the day.

I finally got the paper to print the Christmas letter on, and everyone has edited their part of it, so today I print. I also finally got stamps. It turns out that a 5x5 envelope needs more postage! Must remember that next year! At any rate they should all end up getting mailed today or tomorrow. Yeah.

Will go look for dd's boyfriend's gift this afternoon. He is getting an iPhone for Christmas so I am going to get him a fancy cover for it with his college logo on it.

DD wants to take my car (she doesn't have one) for the weekend. Would love to oblige, partly because it is irritating her bf that she wants to go, but just can't go without the car for a whole weekend right now. Plus I am pretty sure she hasn't thought about the fact that she will have to put out $50 just for the gas. So anyway, she is not happy with me right now. This kind of thing drives me crazy because when I was her age, I had a full time job while I was going to school, and had bought myself a car upon HS graduation, paid for my own insurance, had been buying my own clothes since I was a sophomore in high school and since there were 4 of us kids, never got to take the family car anywhere or was even able to have my mom drive me anywhere as she always had to take one of the younger siblings somewhere. I of course do not bother to tell her any of this because this is the kind of thing that makes me sound like Charlie Brown''s teacher to her.

sorry, whiny rant over.
    Last edited by demuralist; 12-14-2011 at 06:29 AM. Reason: add apology
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    so sorry your pack is paining you!! I can sympathize and provide much empathy though! Inflammation (what could be causing the back pain) can cause an increase in the scale. Take it easy, take some pain meds and if it does not improve head to the docs.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

thanks Karin! How is yours doing today?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Chris - so very sorry about your back. My husband's back acts up every now and then (muscular problems) and he has some great PT moves that really release things and make it better. When I do them with him, I also feel good Do you have anything like that?

Still keeping my fingers crossed for the red dress...

my back is better. I am taking advil and that is helping so hopefully that means the infection is going away. What still hurts is getting up from a chair and taking a couple steps. After the first couple of steps I am ok though.. weird
    Karin

I am like that too. When I find a comfy position I am ok, walking is ok as long as I don't try long strides.

RMS, I don't have any PT type moves for this, do you have a link? I noticed that when I used the heating pad and then did some gentle stretches I felt better, and truthfully feel better if I just keep gently moving. Getting out of bed this morning was rough. I have decided I will wear the dress, even with the flats, as long as I can get the under garments on. They are those smoothing ones and once on feel great, but can be a chore to get on! I really hope for a miraculous recovery cause I wanna wear the boots with the dress, we'll see.
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    So sorry about your back. Praying for a quick recovery.

thanks, feels good right now, using a heating pad. May have to use a therma pad to go to the party!
    Chris
    Unknown

Back is markedly better! I may get to wear the boots tomorrow night yet. ("it is much better to look good than to feel good dahlink!" Billy Crystal as Fernando Lamas)

258.4 that is down .8, go figure, had a mini binge yesterday. Which I think supports my theory that binges are all based on starvation at the cellular level. Today I am going to add a 1/3C of Trader Joe's Light coconut milk to my morning mocha, and I am going to go back to a whole avocado instead of a half, at lunch. We shall see if this will keep me out of the kitchen and away from the pantry this afternoon.

As I mark things off the top of my to do list, things keep getting added to the bottom, it is not getting any shorter. I think I have to admit my DD is not going to decorate the tree, so I will have to add that to my list. It is up and lit, but with no decorations. I am sure the neighbors are wondering if this is it? It has been up now for almost 2 weeks. We won't really have any visitors before Christmas, and I get soooo depressed having to take it all down.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had a fatty lunch yesterday and was down 2 so yeah, go figure with the binging..LOL

work those boots giiiiiirrrrrll! So glad your back is feeling better! Mine is still achey. I have been on the antiB since Sunday, you would think the pain would leave. I may have to go back to the Dr this weekend. Hoping it is not kidney related like they suggested. <cusswords>

DD (age9) decorated our tree except for the top she could not reach.. She LOVES it and I LOVE letting her.LOL
    Karin