Page 502 of 640 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552602 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 6400

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 502

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    makes sense, local stuff usually does have less junk in it

we used to have an Apple Market here, but I think it closed.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-22-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    p.s. hahahaha, MudFlinger, it is surprising and sad that my built in padding does so little good in regards protection or making wooden benches comfy, what the heck is that about?
    This reminds me of a few summers ago when I must have lost enough junk in my trunk to feel it. Whenever I sat on a wooden chair or bench, I would jump up, like I was sitting on something. Maybe you have less padding than you think!

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    This reminds me of a few summers ago when I must have lost enough junk in my trunk to feel it. Whenever I sat on a wooden chair or bench, I would jump up, like I was sitting on something. Maybe you have less padding than you think!

I doubt it, at any rate, apparently not enough for protection or comfort! I have never lost enough to feel I was sitting on something, but I have gained enough that I should notice the difference in protection and comfort. That is my new goal now, to lose enough that I am surprised when I sit down at the basketball games!

My bum appears to be the only thing bruised, but that is the size of a dessert plate! I stood the whole day at work, duh.

kmarie is offline Senior Member
    Ouch!
    Do you use homeopathic Arnica? It's the best for bruising & soreness. Oral & cream together work great!
    And, OUCH!!!

K

no, i don't bruise often, and I just let it heal on its own. I will be fine, it is keeping me from doing too much sitting. I had a dentist appointment this morning and that was uncomfortable, but after I finish my mail will spend most of the rest of the day standing.

So what did I learn from yesterday's unsuccessful fast? I can't put anything that is food in my mouth is what I learned. I need to just do it totally as a liquid fast and get on with my life. I think low carb/high fat makes it easier as well. Then on my non-fast days I can get my carbs from the veggies.

I think I will add the potato starch too, as soon as I pick some up, to try to keep the blood sugar down, we will see how it goes.

Today is a non-fasting day. I had a huge lovely salad with a nice hunk of cheese for lunch and now as soon as I finish checking my MDA and email, I am off to clean house and get ready for BFF and her hubby to come for a light meal, play some cards, and plan some fun trips.

260.8 that is down since Wednesday's afterupday weigh, so I am going to go with the idea that I am on my way down now, today is a fast and it will be liquid, low carb, high fat.

We had fun last night and the spread I put out was lighter than usual, I didn't put out crackers (which are one of my weaknesses-always say I won't eat any but then there are some broken ones that shouldn't be on the plate and have to get eaten, you know how it goes right?) and I didn't eat the bread (not a big fan unless it is homemade). Had veggies and homemade dip and strawberries with a dip not totally primal but fresh and whole and real and good.

I agreed to work tomorrow morning thinking I would just have to open the building, wait for the conference to get over, then close the building-9 to noon. Now they want me to make coffee so it will be ready for their social gathering before the meeting starts, so I have to start the coffee by 7:45 in order for it to be done in time for that (it is a giant percolator and takes 30 to 45 minutes). We have a Starbucks a block away, why would these people not just pick up a couple of travelers on their way in? The boss is crazy!

I am at work, got here to meet the group leader he didn't show up, instead 30 minutes later the group started to arrive. Then he showed up. Luckily this group has been very thankful of the fact that I came out on a Saturday morning in this weather (freezing temps and a light dusting of snow on the ground) to open the place up for them.

On the other hand, the leader is taping things to the walls I told him we don't allow that, and he said "oh it is just scotch tape" I offered alternatives, he rejected. I told him the tape pulls the paint off the walls, he pulled a piece off and said it was fine and that they would take them down when they leave (duh, I would think that was a given). Anyway, he is a friend of the boss, so I will not press it.

The coffee is made and laid out, and I will just knit once they have all settled in.

p.s. yesterday down day went well. I did end up eating but it was raw brussells sprouts with dip (I measured that) and strawberries with dip (I measured that as well), so that plus my drinks came to 553! spot on.

I didn't get to weigh this morning.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-25-2014 at 07:06 AM.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    The bright side is that you get to knit, right? What are you working on these days?

yep, if I was at home I would be doing house work or some other tedious thing, so getting to knit is definitely the bright side!

I was working on a shawl for myself, but have put that aside for now so that I can make my dad a lap blanket. I will post a pic of it later. It is a nice denim blue grey color. He is sleeping in a recliner right now and I thought a lap blanket would reduce the likelihood of him getting tangled up in a blanket when he gets up. Unfortunately it is going pretty slowly and by the time I finish it will probably be too warm in Florida for him to use it. Although it is a sort of lacy pattern, and he is old and old people tend to always be cold.

Actually, they moved him yesterday back into a rehab facility. He was very unhappy to go, then once he got there my mom emailed last night and said the room was beautiful. He is in a room by himself, and it has a balcony and a pull out couch so that she can stay the night. He is very happy now, and I am thrilled that my mom is not longer the primary care giver, they had no business sending him home when they did. Hopefully he will get daily therapy here and get him mobile again. At home he was getting PT for an hour 2x's a week, and OT for an hour 2x's a week, and that was just not enough, not only was he not really making progress, most days he was worse off. Of course now it is all up to him and his desire to do what he needs to do to get mobile again. That ole motivation thing rearing its ugly head.