Page 50 of 546 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 50

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    thanks, p.s. I forgot to mention that DH wanted me to take some of the cake bites as a hostess gift. So I got home from picking up DD and had to roll and dip cake bites. The chocolate got over hot, which makes it too thick, and so I had to cool it. The usual testing method for the temperature is to dip my finger in and then taste some of it because it needs to be just slightly warmer than body temperature to dip correctly. BUT I didn't want to get myself started on the whole taste testing thing, so as I was stirring it I would pick up the spoon with some chocolate on the back and lay it on the inside of my wrist. yeah, new method, no tasting! didn't taste any of the cake part either, even though I didn't have time to look for a surgical mask.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Great Job and rewarded with a loss too! Go Chris! (waves pompoms)

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    hooray for success!! As fun as it is to go out and have a great time, I find that the bonus to all that is when we can go out, make the right decisions AND lose weight
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    No tasting - good job. Party again tonight?

we missed the party last night. We were going to go with our BFF's, and she told me the party started at 7. Then she got started on some work she needed to get done and called to let me know they wouldn't be ready to leave till 7:30 (Luckily I love her cause she is ALWAYS late, I know it now and plan accordingly). So I generally drive when we go out together as it gives me an excuse not to drink, as I claim designated driver, which everyone appreciates. So, I went to the original invite to get the address to do a mapquest (yes I live in the dark ages and don't have a GPS in my car). Well the party started at 6, but we wouldn't be able to get there till 8, way beyond fashionably late. So we didn't go at all.

I had made peppermint bark with white chocolate (which I do not care for to say the least!) to take to the party, and to keep it out of the house, I had dd take it to her Boyfriend's parents as a gift, nicely boxed. Because not caring for something is not enough reason to sometimes keep me from binging on it!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

Smart idea of the re-gifting. I agree, sometimes even things I do not like, I eat. Makes no sense. Thats the power of food I guess. Although, my DD has snack buckets I do not get into because they are out of site.
    Karin

Weight this morning 258.2, up 1 from yesterday but down 2.2 from last Sunday. Too many days in a row of not drinking my fluids, and eating what was available. That is fine, I am still going down, and the holidays are only here once a year, and they are only slowing the progress not reversing it.

Spent yesterday at church painting Bethlehem, will spend today putting make-up on the citizens of Bethlehem-they slightly darken the skin, which I think is a waste of time since it is pretty dark in the area they have turned into a village, but they think it is more authentic if they don't look so pale. Anyway, I will then be serving hot chocolate to visitors in line as they wait to get into the "village" Last year, with horrible weather (they actually had to stop it early because of the impending storm) we had over 7,000 visitors! This year the weather is perfect, temp in the mid 40's, sun is shining in an absolutely clear sky, no wind...we should get double what we had last year! It is a free event we put on for the community.

At any rate it is likely to be another day where I don't get even close to my target fluid intake, and food will be the best I can do. After today though, we just have a party next Friday (hopefully with me in a red dress), then our week at the beach, so this should pretty easily end up being a loss over the course of the holiday.
    Chris
    Unknown

By-the-by, I have been posting my daily 5 action steps on our "Post Your Goals" thread in our team, y'all should join me.
    Chris
    Unknown

I have been thinking about it. Maybe when next week gets back to normal. I feel kinda cadywompas right now.
    Karin

PrimalCon New York
    weight 259, up another .8. Started TOM yesterday. Wondering if weighing during it is even a good idea. Unfortunately I am addicted to the scale, so not likely to stop. I will just have to will myself not to be sad about the number. And keep chugging fluids!

I am exhausted from yesterday. I served several thousand cups of hot chocolate to the visitors to our Bethlehem while they waited in line to get in. The weather was nice but cold and they were waiting in line for up to an hour and a half to get in. So I was stationed at about the half way point in the line, pouring free hot chocolate and chatting with everyone. Mentally and physically very tiring. My back is creeky from being hunched over the cooler I was pouring the hot chocolate out of, my thumbs are achy from pressing the little button to let it pour, my feet hurt from standing on concrete for 5 hours straight, and my brain hurts from trying to sound intelligent for that long basically repeating the same bits of information...45 min wait from here, church doing this for 28 years, 10,000 visitors on a good year, over 500 volunteers, etc....

Today, I have to got to the grocery store and stock up on regular/healthy food, buy the paper for our Christmas letter then finish the editing and print it then fold, stuff envelopes, like stamps and send. I would also like to get a couple of shrubs in this week, I never got around to it last week.
    Chris
    Unknown