Page 5 of 611 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 5

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Slept well, woke up without an alarm. I will admit I didn't bound out of bed, but I feel good this morning.

today's food plan (this is going to start to sound like a broken record-but I tend to eat the same breakfast and lunch and vary my dinners, easy that way and I have always just done it that way):

B: my mocha, 2 eggs, 2 sausages -6am
    L: salmon, avocado, jarlsberg (may cut this out I will see how I feel), 1 chocolate/coconut oil bite
    D:? gotta go grocery shopping today
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

weird day today, a few things came up that sort of messed with my plans. That is a good thing because I saw that I can do this on the fly.

B: my mocha, 2 eggs, 2 sausages -6am
    L: left over beef, oil and vinegar jarlsberg, 2 chocolate/coconut oil bite-too hungry to go to the grocery before I ate, so I didn't have an avocado-12:30
    D: salad, bacon, flax seed, oil and vinegar, celery and almond butter. had a meeting I forgot about. ate at 8:00

I am going to stop putting my ticker on my signature, the sight is acting up though and won't let me take it off. I will try again tomorrow.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Ok, so I obviously got the ticker off my signature. Yeah!

I want to add my ammended rules for my "Leptin Reset"....

RULE 1: Keep 3 hours before bedtime food free
    RULE 2: Eat 3 meals a day, no snacks
    RULE 3 : Eat to satisfaction, not stuffed
    RULE 4: Eat a high protein breakfast soon after arising-trying to get 50g protein within the 30 mins. after waking up
    RULE 5: Carbs between 25 and 50

So last night I ate too late, I apparently no longer enjoy going to bed with food in my belly, after I drank the water necessary to take my pills I felt bloated and uncomfortable in bed. In the future I may be better off just skipping the meal. I will have to experiment with this.
    Chris
    Unknown

DS is in the IB program at school.

They have to start a new physical activity, keep with it for 18 months, keep a journal, and write a paper on it. They want it to be about health but also have a 'global' component. He just started doing the 5 essential movements with me, I am thinking that relating them to primal man is a great angle on this, and would get him to keep them up for the 18 months. Hope he goes for it.

He also has to do something creative-and different than anything else he has done. He has always wanted to learn to weld, so I think I will find him a class or instructor somehow.

And for Service (ie. volunteering) his resume is actually over stuffed with volunteer service. This is an easy one for him.
    Chris
    Unknown

Today's food...

B:mocha, eggs
    L: salmon, avocado, vinegar, 1 slice of jarlsberg, 1 choco/coconut bite
    D: macadamia nuts, salad, chicken, tangerine, strawberry (at potluck)
    Chris
    Unknown

We are going to call yesterday a refeed and move on. I will attribute it to being so tired. I did well until 9:30 then started eating.

The food:

B: mocha, 2 eggs, 2 pork sausage
    L: salmon, avocado, 1 chocolate/coconut bite
    D: 2 chicken/cheese sausage, tomato/garlic
    S: celery, almond butter, homemade protein bar

I do not feel good this morning, sort of like a lump of clay, even though I slept well. I will not repeat that today!
    Chris
    Unknown

Well I found a swarm of bees, I thought they were yellow flowers (it may be time to have my eyes checked?). Only got 3 stings and apparently I am not sensitive as my grandfather was, luckily.

Had a great day today! After such a crappy start my energy ended up coming back, worked outside for several hours before the bee incident. The boys went to the football game so I colored and cut my hair (I used to be a hairdresser). My Protein powder came in just in time, I used the last scoop this morning. And my food intake was controlled the whole day.

B: my mocha, 2 eggs, 2 sausage 5:30
    L: salmon, avocado, 2T golden flaxseed meal, 1 choco/coconut bite 12:00
    D: a big salad and this...Paleo at Penn: Recipe: Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani) absolutely fantastic! I think it would be great to have at the beach with shrimp! I made rice for the boys. 6:00

Now I just need to not eat anything else for the rest of the night!
    Chris
    Unknown

Another pretty good day. I had a bit of a brain fog around 3:30, but not too bad and not too long.

Got to see my BFF's daughters this morning, one back from college for the weekend, and one back from moving away for the weekend. Made a batch of 'granola' for DH, slowly decreasing the amount of oats in the recipe. Next time there won't be any. It is just a mix of nuts and seeds, dried bananas and apricots, some protein powder, dessicated coconut, butter, coconut oil, a bit of raw honey, baked till crispy. Then I gave him a haircut and made dinner. In between I did some laundry and some cleaning up, basically piddling around.

B: mocha, 2 eggs, 2 sausage 7:30
    L: romaine, salmon, 2 pieces of home made jerky, avocado, flaxseed, choco/coconut bite 1:30
    D: grain free meatloaf, broccoli 6:30
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-11-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    Chris
    Unknown

Woke up at 5am this morning, no alarm.

Got the appliance repairman coming this morning and then at noon I have to go to a lunch to celebrate a co-worker's 10th anniversary. It is at a Thai restaurant. I am sure there are things that are reasonably Primal on the menu, but I am not familiar with that kind of food so I can't imagine what I am going to eat. I feel pretty confident my restaurant stand by of steak/salad is not going to be available. I am going to check and see if I can find their menu online and do some planning.
    Chris
    Unknown

SouthernDink is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    It is at a Thai restaurant. I am sure there are things that are reasonably Primal on the menu, but I am not familiar with that kind of food so I can't imagine what I am going to eat. I feel pretty confident my restaurant stand by of steak/salad is not going to be available. I am going to check and see if I can find their menu online and do some planning.
    Should have plenty of coconut stuff!
    Have high hopes that journaling can keep me on track: www.southerndink.com If you are on twitter hit me up so we can keep each other motivated: http://twitter.com/SouthernDink

Page 5 of 611 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast