Page 49 of 618 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149549 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 49

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    weight 258 this morning, down 1 pound. So, as Paula would say...sometimes the scale does not punish bad behavior.

I am off to DS's High School to make coffee for teachers in his IB program. They are having some kind of gathering for the program itself. I have a big urn, and there ya go. So I will have to catch up on everyone later in the day, just wanted to report the weight before I forgot it or my mind started playing its numbers game on me. ttfn
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

257.8 down 2/10ths, down is good.

I am picking up DD from college today, so we will stop to have lunch out. I should be able to handle that with very little problem. However, tonight, we have a Christmas party to go to, and dinner will be provided. Rats. It doesn't start till 7, and I am usually done with dinner by 6:30. So the first issue is that I will be hungry as we arrive. I don't know if it is sit down or buffet. It is a big fancy house, someone important for DH, that I don't know, so there is no calling ahead to find out what is going on (or what to wear I might add).

I am the designated driver so alcohol will not be an issue, safer that way since I drink pretty rarely now I am overly affected by it. It can have a very negative influence on my food decisions as well as my word choices, best to stay away.

So, I am off and away for the day, trying to beat traffic in both cities at both ends of the drive! Hope y'all have a great Friday!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Everyday the scale goes down it's a good day.

Thinking positive thoughts for you at the party. Yikes - how frustrating not to know what to wear. That kind of things really stresses me out! Keep flashing images of you in the red dress every time something tempting passes by at the party.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    yeah for being down!!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Have fun at the party. Do the best you can with the food. We'll be here for you in the morning no matter what.

You guys are great! DH told me the party started at 6, oops not til 7, so I am dressed and wondering if I should stick with this or go change...I am wearing a pair of black pants, a charcoal tank top that has sequins mostly covered in it, but not excessively (sparkly but not gaudy as my co-worker says--I have worn it to work), the top is long, down to my bum, and I have on a plain black fitted short cardigan over it. A gold topaz bracelet and earrings and a black beaded necklace. And I am wearing make-up and I did my hair. My shoes are charcoal flats with fake stones on the cleavage of the toe, they are pointy so they make my legs look long with out having to wear heels. My dd says it is perfect, so nice to have a girl around the house when I need one!

I did not do great at lunch, (caesar salad was ok, it was the broccoli/cheddar soup that was not great, but only a cup and I skipped the breadsticks totally! So I am gonna not even taste any dessert tonight, just stick with meats and veggies, which I am sure will be wonderful enough to keep me from the carbs! As well as the suggestion to think of myself at next weeks party in the red dress!!
    Chris
    Unknown

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure you looked lovely. Hope it was a great time.

Weight this morning 257.2, down 6/10ths! the scale clearly does not always punish bad behavior! Had no more than 4 cups of liquid all day and am totally parched this morning, was not at all primal or low carb although probably did stay within or very close to my calorie target.

We did have a great time. It was a party at the home of parents of one of DH's Students. And the outfits ranged from Santa and an elf (really!) to a couple of the very trendy "tacky Christmas sweaters", to a little over the top Christmas ensemble that included a sequined dress and super high heels with platforms in red and green (who wears that kind of thing to someones house?). I was appropriately dressed for the wife of the prof.

The food was catered from a local-very good-restaurant. So I had no problem or guilt throwing away the breads. So, roast beef on homemade bisquits- pulled out the beef threw away the bisquit added more horseradish sauce, yum. Pulled pork on homemade rolls, pulled out the pork threw away the roll. Hot wings (no crust, yeah). Then there were dips for tortillas, I took some of each dip (queso, black bean, artichoke), but no chips. Passed on the orzo risotto, and the mini chocolate chip cookies as well as the chocolate dipped pretzels. the plates for the meal were large dessert sized plates, so no chance of piling it up, if I wanted to over eat I would have had to do seconds and I didn't. I had a glass of iced tea, then realized that it would be sweetened with sugar (not like at home), so I switched to water.

Lots of great conversations, very smart group of kids, and an unbelievable house (she pays to have someone come in and do the Christmas decorations, and come take them down! talk about taking the stress out of Christmas) All in all a very nice night.

Spending today painting "Bethlehem" doing repair work on the styrofoam buildings. Then supposed to go to a party tonight, may not make it.
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a great party and you did so well. Congrats!

thanks, p.s. I forgot to mention that DH wanted me to take some of the cake bites as a hostess gift. So I got home from picking up DD and had to roll and dip cake bites. The chocolate got over hot, which makes it too thick, and so I had to cool it. The usual testing method for the temperature is to dip my finger in and then taste some of it because it needs to be just slightly warmer than body temperature to dip correctly. BUT I didn't want to get myself started on the whole taste testing thing, so as I was stirring it I would pick up the spoon with some chocolate on the back and lay it on the inside of my wrist. yeah, new method, no tasting! didn't taste any of the cake part either, even though I didn't have time to look for a surgical mask.
    Chris
    Unknown