Page 457 of 666 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467507557 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 6654

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 457

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    It is great having a friend notice the changes!

Do you think the rolls might have contributed to the puffiness?

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    between the eating the rolls and not drinking as much as usual, yes, I am apt to get puffy anyway, it is why I can fluctuate by so much so quickly. Well why I can go up so quickly, it rarely seems to come down quickly.

today is a non-fast day. 251.4 this morning, no surprise after a non-fast day and the puffiness hanging on. Will be drinking a lot today. We have company for dinner, so I plan to save the bulk of my calories, just doing liquids till then.

Food yesterday was less than primal but all homemade. I made steel cut oatmeal, I have been craving it, so I just had it for lunch. I make it will whole milk and at the end I add an egg for protein. This all makes it a better balance of micros, and is yummy! I made pizza for dinner, small one for me, with lots of cheese and kale, I don't care for red sauce on my pizza. I counted it all and my calories at least didn't go over, even if I was a bit carb heavy (ya think?)

NEAT I find hard to believe, I had 3692 steps but 13 flights? It is possible, but highly unlikely that I was active enough to get that many flights but only that many steps. The Pacer app was so far off the fitbit (thousands of steps lower) that I just deleted it.

Sleep was not great, the hubs and his 6am alarm are driving me insane. 6:30 total sleepbut 91% efficiency, so when I slept I slept well.

We didn't end up going to the football game yesterday, the meeting with the contractor took much longer than anticipated. And will end up costing us another $1000, but will make DH very happy to get the tree limbs away from over the house.

Today he is brewing his pumpkin ale, so I will be out of the kitchen till dinner time. Ugly weather here, they are expecting tornados in the area, so I may spend part of the day in the basement. Not likely, it looks like they are going to be north of us, so I will have to break down and do the house cleaning.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I have been watching the weather and there has been quite a lot of destruction. You all in tact?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Thanks for asking. It skirted just north of us. All we got was about 12 minutes of crazy heavy rain with high winds. All quiet now.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Thank goodness.

Thanks. Today the sun is shining brighter than it has in a long time, clear blue skies. Leaves and debris everywhere. But no damage to anything that I can see.

Food yesterday was yummy! I only ate the one meal, but it was a doozy. BFF's hubby is in a chili cook-off this week so he needed to practice. He made the meatiest chili I think I have ever had, very few beans, lots of veggies. It was spicy and yum. We also had cheese and bread (homemade), and then we had the rest of the apple pie I had made for Tuesday night's company, with the rest of the caramel sauce and some ice cream. All homemade. We were all so stuffed when we finished we could hardly move! Then just as they were getting ready to go home the rain hit. We ended up having 2 episodes, both were about 12 minutes, about 10 minutes apart. So we just played another round of cards.

NEAT 5896 steps and 9 flights of stairs. I stood a lot though not as much walking around. I really need to figure out a way to determine my standing time, I suspect that I think I stand more than I do. I have ordered my desk and it will arrive just before we close for the holiday break, so that will take care of work, just gotta figure out how to keep it up on my days off, well at night really. I don't sit much during the day it is that night time tv that will kill me.

Sleep was 6:52 and 86% with 7 restless periods, though none awake.

253.4, the scale is showing the consequences of my excess, that is 3 pounds in 2 days, no matter, today is a fast day.

I am going to help BFF this morning cutting strips of linen. She is in charge of the doll making booth at our church's Walk Through Bethlehem. The dolls are made out of cotton balls and strips of linen, and she basically spends all of her spare time in November cutting strips for them. If the weather is good on December 8th we would expect to see as many as 10,000 people come through. If it is not good it will still likely be at least 4,000. It is a free event our church puts on and it is unbelievable. They turn the entire downstairs into a village at the time of the birth. There are all sorts of booths and hundreds of costumed people running them. There are Roman soldiers walking around, a rabbi comes in and brings the Torah and he reads from it and answers questions (in the "temple") and outside there are shepherds and their flock. Once you get inside the church you cannot recognize it as a building, they bring in mulch to cover all the floors. Everything that I do now is pre-prep, I don't do anything on the day of now that the kids are not around, too much traffic! So this year I am helping with the linen tearing and I have to make a plastic igloo style dog house look like a brick or stone oven. I have had that thing for the whole year in my basement, waiting for me to do something, and now I have 3 weeks to get it done!
    Last edited by demuralist; 11-18-2013 at 07:59 AM.

I would be interested in seeing what the dolls look like Sounds like FUN!!
    Karin

They just take a strip of the linen that is maybe 6" wide by 12" long. At the halfway point they put the cotton ball then they tie a string around it to make the neck. It is essentially a head with a gown. Because of the numbers of people and children who want to do it, it has to be ultra simple, it is one of the most popular booths. Most of the children give them to the baby Jesus when they get outside to the manger. They have a Mary and Joseph holding a very lifelike babydoll. My DD was Mary her senior year and she said the little ones are awestruck. It is not encouraged or expected that they give the dolls, they just do. They then take those that are given back to the booth, take them apart and start all over again.

251.4, I will take it, as yesterday was one of my least successful "fast" days. I put a few things in my mouth that had calories despite the fact that I ate them while standing and making myself a healthy smoothie! It was not a lot, but it would have definitely taken me over my 550 calorie allotment for the day. I drank plain tea the rest of the night.

Today is a non-fast day, but I will only eat dinner tonight, which I think is going to be a lovely piece of fish on top of a generous green salad. I will make DH some pasta since he doesn't love fish.

NEAT yesterday was 6353 and 8 flights.

Sleep is getting better again, and I am learning to sleep through DH's alarm, though not his snoring 7:16 with 90% efficiency, but I went from 11 to 4 without so much as being even restless, after the snoring woke me up at 4 not so much, then I was awake for 45 minutes and then restless till 7.

I met DH at his office to help him pick out his standing desk. He has so many rules and I cannot get him to just call the place and talk to customer service. It is good that he knows what he wants, and their customer service help was stellar, so why he won't just call, I don't know!!!

Nothing exciting today, work then home.

I had an extremely productive day yesterday, did all the laundry, beside just our everyday clothes and DH's dress clothes, I went into my collecting baskets that I use so that I wait to get a full load of something before I launder. So that included all the sheets (ours, kids, spare) and towels and table linens (we use cloth napkins, and I wait till we have gone through them before I launder them so that is a load in itself!).

Then I went through my closet and pulled out for donation all of the clothes that are too big now (that was fun!), or that I will honestly not wear for whatever reason. I also let go of a few pairs of shoes.

Then I went to my iMac class, and then I went to Home Depot to pick up a few things.

Got home then put weather stripping around our back door, which contracts in winter and lets a draft in. I made my smoothie (and "tasted" a few things I knew darn well how they tasted) and then made DH his dinner. Played Words with friends and knit a few rows on an infinity scarf I am working on.

Watched Jon Stewart, then I went to bed. It was a good day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yeah for the better sleep. Did you all finally move to 2 twin beds? I can not remember.

I woke at midnight, sweating.. hellaciously hot. Took a couple hours to get back to sleep. Trying hard not to be easily irritated or grumpy.
    Karin