Page 453 of 618 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503553 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 6171

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 453

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    a homemade chocolate anything that you have added nuts (crunch) to is pretty much deadly for me. I will literally eat well past being ill.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    oh now see, I am the opposite so I tell them at school to add nuts to everything. I feel bummed at the time but they are doing me a favor I know LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

It is much easier for me to resist non nutted sweets. But basically once I taste just about anything sweet as long as it isn't totally disgusting or Oreo flavored (got sick on those once) it becomes a trigger. But it has to be really disgusting.
    Last edited by demuralist; 11-11-2013 at 06:22 AM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

253.0 that is actually down from this week's high at 254.0 and only up 2.2 from my low a week ago. The low of 250.8 was hit last Monday, my last down day was actually last Sunday (the 3rd). So I only gained 2.2lbs in a week with no fasts, and a couple of days of fudge. I can't complain.

Today is a fast day. This is the week I switch my fast days to M-W-F (just in time for Thanksgiving!)

I am rewriting my goals here (this isn't a tweak so much as a reminder, so I can jump back on the program without glitches)...

1. 3 down days every week (less than 550 calories), M-W-F or Sa
    2. 30 minutes on the treadmill on my days off
    3. Stand up at work for at least 6 of the 7 hours I am there.
    4. VLC till at least 4:30 most days. (6 of the 7 a week)
    5. Listen to the body, don't eat if not physically hungry

That should do it.

We have company coming for dinner tomorrow, so I have to grocery shop and cook today. Laundry too.

p.s. I did get a chance to let DD know that I didn't wake up in time to get her to the 1/2 marathon. She had to process it, her first response was "it only takes me a minute to get ready for a run", but I had to let her know that I was not awake in enough time to get her there for the start even if she got dressed in the car. I decided not to remind her that she is an adult and is old enough to wake herself up. Or if she had said "be sure I am awake by 5:30" before she went to bed, I would have set an alarm and been her back up. I did pay her for the fee she lost, that will help things along. I know I am enabling, but I would have given her the cash anyway.

oh, and it looks like I am going to break down and get a new fitbit. Though I am reticent since this one is only a year and a half old, but the data is just not reliable anymore. it bites.

In other sad news in regards to the fitbit, my daily step average has hovered just under 6,000 daily steps for the past year and a half, I have not gotten any more or less active using it. So much for it being a motivator.
    Last edited by demuralist; 11-11-2013 at 06:58 AM.

a nice simple plan.

Bummer about the fitbit. I have not used mine in a while and wonder how well it will work. I need to find it. At school so many teachers have them or the nike bracelet ones.
    Karin

given a replacement will be $100, I am still considering switching out to a Nike. Just such a PITA since I already have all this data on the computer from this one. The new one will sync with my phone though. But I may do the Nike because there are some nice apps that go with the Nike I think.

Do you have a website with info on the NIKE one?
    Karin

no, DD just sent me a message that she had uploaded the Nike app and it tracks her runs without having to use a pedometer. Not great to use as a pedometer since it would wear down the battery on the phone pretty quickly. But it was free and she can also use it on her iPod. However, I don't know the Nike one tracks sleep and it is about twice as much as a new fitbit. So I will probably stay with the fitbit, and then get the free app on my phone for it.

so, I think the syncing issue is that I need to unplug the usb dongle when I shut down my computer. We'll see. I am very hesitant to buy a new one right now, as I don't see it as a motivator. On the other hand, I hate the idea of losing the data forever if I don't have one that works. dilemma.