Page 452 of 665 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502552 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 6648

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 452

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    an afternoon relaxing for a working mom is accomplishing something!!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    with so much to do, it makes me feel guilty. Lil just went to a friends house to spend the night and now I have ZERO excuses.. LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Phoooey, catching up on rest is a duty in itself. No excuses necessary.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

So I have decided that this past week was just a break in the program. Funny thing is that before it started I had decided I could hit a certain weight (get into the 240's) by a certain time (this weekend). And the second I did that, I started to act in a way that I could not possibly accomplish it. This is how I do things. I really need to stop myself from ever doing that. My goals need to be totally behavioral in scope and allow the rewards on the scale to come as they may. (I said as much in P's journal just a few minutes ago).

So my behavioral goals for this week...

Stay under 550 calories on M-W-F
    Get on the treadmill on my days off...Th-Sa-Su-M
    Go very low carb until 4:30pm every day.

Today, a friend is coming over and we are going to go grocery shopping then cook for friends who just had a baby. Then we are going to deliver the meal.

So, DD was still snippy last night with me, she should be over it by today. Her and her friends are supposed to go to the conference today, but it was so long yesterday and it was a free one and it is beautiful outside and they are not rustling yet, so I suspect they are skipping it. They go back to school today, they have classes tomorrow.

DS and Dh spent yesterday afternoon in a smack down, texting each other about how the UT/Vandy football game in 2 weeks. DS's rifle coach had stopped by for a brew and he joined in. In the end DS said if UT loses he will volunteer to help the rifle team for the winter and spring matches and give any kind of lesson coach chooses to the team. I can't remember what they decided coach would have to do if UT wins. It was fun playful banter.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I like the lime drain.

When Littlest gets upset about anything, she gets very quiet. It is not sulking, more like retreating. It is almost physically impossible for her to speak. Makes it hard dealing with things in school. Sometimes I have her write it out, until she has recovered enough to say it.

Not really related to your DD, but it just popped into my head.

Oh, and FUDGE! I never had fudge until I was a grown-up, but became a fan. I have to stay away from it, because even as I am saying, 'wow, this is too sweet', I keep shovelling it in. (Well, okay, fudge is usually cut into squares. How about, 'delicately placing cube after cube after cube into my eager mouth'?)

I am planning to make a batch of butterscotch-pecan-toffee fudge for Thanksgiving.

For DS that is true, he tends to retreat when upset. But I can usually draw him out if I can be patient, and especially if I am driving him somewhere. DD talks pretty much non-stop (just like me) if she is upset, unless she is upset with me, then she doesn't talk to me at all. She has obviously decided I should have gotten her up, but since she isn't talking to me she doesn't realize I didn't wake up in time to get her up in time.

Fudge is one of those things that, like you, I keep putting into my mouth even when my body, and especially my stomach, screams for me to stop. I would not call the way I do it delicate though!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I'm very much a retreater. Fact is, DH has (mostly) learned to not engage me for awhile. I can be VERY mean until I have processed it all in my little old head (things that should never be said).

I like homemade fudge, but have never been really good at making it.

I put my scale away for the reason that I keep sabotaging myself. Instead, my measure is how I'm doing with my program (loose EOD rotations) and dealing with my emotions. [I did pull it out to check in, but put it back away so I don't become obsessive about it.]

mmm fudge.. I quit making it years ago because its a trigger..
    Karin

I process by talking, drives DH crazy because a theme repeats itself with a minor addition at each repeat. I used to write it down so I would remember everything I wanted to say to him. Now it doesn't matter because he can't hear most of it.

I have a very easy recipe from my grandmother for peppermint fudge, don't make it cause I cannot have it in the house.

I feel better when I weigh daily or nearly daily that way the numbers become meaningless to me, but I track it, and I know I like to go back and see the direction the movement is going in.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I LOOOOVE the white chocolate peppermint bark!

I internalize process.. get quiet and brood until I figure it out.
    Karin