Page 449 of 611 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499549 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 6103

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 449

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    you all make me smile. yes, somehow butter makes everything better, Paula Dean had that much right.

I made a ricotta and pumpkin mix with some stevia for "dessert" it was quite good.

253 this morning. So here is the good news, I have just done 6 days in a row of non-fasting, and only gained 2.2 lbs. Neither of my planned 2 fast days for this week ended up being even close to the 550 goal. What I will say is that once I realized a day was no longer a fast day, I didn't consciously limit my food in anyway that was different that what I would do on a non-fasting day. I didn't do a WTF and eat till midnight, but I also didn't say "well if I stop now it won't be too far off". I just turned the fasting day into a normal day and went on with my life. No guilt, and luckily no excessive weight gain.

More good news, today is a fast day.

Food yesterday was fine, well within the confines of a non-fasting day, nothing to write home about. I do still think that I do best when I generally confine my eating to my witching hours, about 3pm to 7pm. If I eat before then, I am not really hungry it is more a desire for a mouth feel, or a craving for something I have sitting around the house. On very rare occasions when I am doing heavy gardening it actually is hunger. When I eat during this time, I tend to make better choices, actually get full and stay full longer, and feel better the rest of the day. So I am going to work on that for my days off (obviously it is easy on my work days as I don't eat at work and get home at 4:30).

NEAT yesterday, I stood the whole day at work. I didn't do the treadmill so only got 6494 steps and 8 flights of stairs.

Sleep 7:32 and 93%, still waking up in the half hour before the alarm, it appears as though 7:30 hours of sleep is about what I need. feeling good about this.

Nothing exciting today, work and home. I do have off tomorrow, but it is so I can wait for the plumber

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ah ha... so, you are changing the way you are thinking and adapting to your environment and situations. This is such a good thing and a life long skill. Are you still getting your sleep data from the fitbit?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

yep, the fitbit is currently working again.

Yep, for me this whole fasting/VLcalorie plan has really changed the way I view food and eating (so far)

Well shit. Not a fast day after all.

I think I really need to have zero to very few carbs before my meals in my witching hours.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Hmmm..what happened?? I know when my schedule is interrupted i can not maintain a plan. Is that what happened? Tomorrow is another day. Are you going to try a fast day again tomorrow?

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

There was homemade fudge in the break room. I usually just don't go in there so I don't know what they have laid out. But I walked in at 3 and there it was all laid out cut into little pieces on a plate. So yes I had three 1"squares. That would not really be that big a deal, had I stopped there and just drank for the rest of the day I would have stayed within my 550, except it set off a carb monster. I did not go crazy, I didn't eat any more of that, but I did eat when I got home, so another fast day down the tubes. p.s.weight 254, up 3.2 from my low

Part of it, I suspect is emotional, when hitting a new low I often do this sort of thing. I just need to snap out of the sugar clutches. I am home today so it will be easier, I have no fudge or halloween candy in the house.

Today? DD is coming home this weekend with friends to run the half marathon. So if we have dinner together tonight, then I will go over, if they do dinner here both nights, then I will go over both nights. BUT, I am not going to eat until then (just drink), and I will just enjoy what ever happens.

I am pretty sure that eating carbs before my witching hour sets off a different set of "hunger" signals. So I am going to experiment with not eating them until at least 4:30, for a few days and see what happens.

Next week I will start having Thursdays off, so I will be switching my fasts to M-W-F or Sat. I have gotten too many hours for my budgeted pay, so I will be having Sa-Su-M-Th off. I am going to use Th for errands and the other 3 days to start getting serious about doing all the projects I have around the house.

p.s. my sleep was lousy yesterday (and today), coincidence? I think not. Hungry and tired is not a good combo to stumble upon homemade fudge. I can almost always keep away from the store bought stuff but it takes special resolve to keep away from homemade.

DH stopped Afrin because the "cold" isn't going away and he doesn't want to get addicted. Massive, 18-wheeler driving by, type snoring.

If it makes you feel better, unless the fudge had nuts I would not have been able to pass it up either. In fact, often I beg folks to put nuts in that stuff. Its a good deterrent for me.

It looks like you have a good plan. I think its interesting about the signals you are noticing. I think maybe skinny people that do not worry about their weight already "know" this stuff. It sucks we have to "discover" it ON OUR OWN.

yuck about the hubs cold. I agree with him stopping afrin if its not helping. However, now that I think of it. I think it might be what I need to get rid of this stuff for good. Has he been to the doc? He might have a sinus infection.
    Karin

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I hate when people leave stuff in the break room.