Page 446 of 605 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456496546 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 6049

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 446

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    In my younger days, I pined for a pair of lace up Doc Martin boots, but could never afford them. I wore lace ups with my skirts and such, but mine were much cheaper! Anyway, I recently saw on pinterest a pair of Doc Martins, on sale with free shipping, that fall more closely in line with what I would be comfortable wearing in my older days (ie. now). They are red, t-straps, with a slightly less bulky sole. I have ordered them, thinking they will work perfectly with my new decision to stand at work. Should be here by Wednesday, I am excited. Nothing like a new pair of shoes to perk things up.

p.s. I made it to 1:15 with today's poor shoe choice, though I hope to get back up after a 45 minute rest.
    Last edited by demuralist; 11-01-2013 at 11:25 AM.

253.5 up 1.2 after a non-fasting day, gonna do fasting today my tummy is a little acidy.

Food yesterday was less than stellar, damn Halloween candy. I had 2 "fun sized" bags of M&M's at work, seriously who decided those were fun sized, I would call them teasers. Hopefully some day I will think that one of those little bags is fun sized and just enough. Last night we had bread and crackers and veggies and dip, for dessert I had a beautiful Port I got at a local winery.

NEATSo I stood all day at work except for that 45 minutes, of course we snuck out at 3, so 5:15 of standing, then ran a few errands and got things ready for the card game. Then I always stand when we eat when they come over because we are just chatting around the island in the kitchen. Once the card game starts though that is pretty much sitting the rest of the night. 6329 actual steps and 12 flights of stairs. I am finding I am less lazy about taking things upstairs now, less inertia to overcome I guess.

Sleep 7:35 and 88%, that was the night we had the horrible wind storm, I slept well at the beginning of the night, but from 3am on had several awakenings which I have no doubt have to do with the noises outside.

Today is errands and chores, gotta do a Whole Foods run, and go pick up my grass seed, make DH's breakfast bars, gotta do the laundry, and see if it is dry enough to get a start on the leaves, so that I can actually spread the seeds. (love the fall colors hate the chore of leaf collection). I should also get outside with the hedge trimmers and get the shrubs trimmed away from the house. We'll see about that one.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    You always make me feel so lazy I did laundry yesterday, so today, just a quick vacuum and some cooking for me!

oh the plans I make and the things I actually end up doing do not always correspond though!

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Ever since I read that book, 'Sitting Kills', I have made a habit of getting up every 30-45 minutes while watching tv. I used to snuggle in for a whole movie or football half. Now, I get up and stand or move around for at least two minutes. The idea that my muscles are actually 'shutting down' and not just in 'neutral' was enough of a mental image to spur me to action.

On the way back from the fall break run for Middlest, I had to stop due to bad weather. I went in to a Black-Eyed Pea to have a meal, and just stood at the counter to eat, instead of sitting down again. That was an eye-opener to me. Plenty of restaurants have bars or those tall tables. I think I should frequent them more often.

I rarely sit for an hour straight when watching tv, my kids actually joke that I have never watched a an entire movie. However when on the computer hours can go by without me realizing it let alone getting up. But I suspect that I can set an alarm on the computer to remind me to get up.

254, yesterday ended up not being a fast day. I have figured out that it is not necessarily my day off that makes it hard for fast days, it is days that the hubby is home. Now, note that he doesn't actually know what I eat or what program I am on, he does not concern himself with such things. The thing that makes it hard is that when he is home he is constantly eating, and come my witching hour it is hard to see someone eating, and usually eating quickly assimilated white carbs (usually bread with something). I had not realized this until yesterday, so now that I am aware of it, I will, hopefully, be better prepared for it and plan accordingly.

Food yesterday was not great. So DH actually bought the stuff to make a ham and cheese sandwich with these local bread and butter spicy pickles. Now for most of you that would not be that big a deal, but for me, well DH usually only goes to the grocery store to buy his ice cream when he knows I won't be making it. So no more than once a year through out our entire marriage. So I opted to switch out my fast day to today. It was worth it. I also roasted some cauliflower, and we had some carrots and dip. I didn't track it but I did note it, and I know that it went over my 500 to 550 for the day.

NEAT So I am not sure why, but gardening does not give me the steps that I think it should. I got 6976 steps and 8 flights. So what happened is that right after I had finished spraying to kill the weeds in the lawn so that I can over seed this week, it started to rain, RATS. No idea if the stuff will work now or not. I did get some of the pruning done, but didn't get any of the leaves moved or the lawn mowed. And now the leave are so wet they are going to be a huge pain to rake. Not sure about the lawn yet.

Sleep6:13 and 90% efficiency restless/awake 4 times. Still waking up before the alarm, not sure now if it is about habit or having enough sleep? I don't feel tired during the day, so I will go with have enough sleep.

We are going to see a local production of the musical "The Producers" this afternoon. I am looking forward to it. The rain yesterday however really messed up my weekend plans. And I don't know if I can make it up, as we are doing the play today, and tomorrow I have scattered appointments, so I don't know what I am going to do about the yard.

The play was fantastic. I was a bit worried because I have seen the movie so many times, though I had not seen the play. But they were great, and the play is enough different from the movie and not too much different that it was still fun. Our local theater here is amazing.

Food yesterday went very well. It was a fast day, and even though I spent the day with DH and it was a day off, I managed to stick to my plan. I drank my way through! Iced coffees (high test and decaf), teas, and my smoothie, along with my water. Keeping myself hydrated seemed to be the ticket yesterday.

NEAT well my fitbit is acting up, looks like I may just have to break down and get a new one-between the syncing issues it has been having, and the steps being so far off when we were in Asheville, now it recorded only 3971 steps yesterday and only 2 flights, both of which are definitely wrong. Now this morning it says it will record my sleep as soon as I sync it and it is sitting on the dock.

Sleep sleep yesterday, if we can believe the thing, 6:04 and 91% efficiency.

Today I am going to run downtown to see if there are any tickets left for the Thursday show at the Ryman (Straight No Chaser), then tidy up a bit before I have my Mac appointment, then this afternoon will be dedicated to yard work.

Today is a non-fasting day.

Don't they have a lifetime warranty on the fitbit?

No, Karin suggested that as well, it is only a year. I have had it since May 2012, according to the activity graph, though I thought it had been longer than that.

Bummer.

What are you learning in Mac school today?