Page 445 of 644 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455495545 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,450 of 6431

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 445

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's a hard day to chat for me, but I'll do my best.

I stand most of the day, at least when I'm home. It makes my hips feel better.

We had a storm last night, but today is looking good, though it is cold. I don't love ToTs, but mom and DH do. My poor dogs get a bit frazzled with all of the door bell ringing.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    We don't get TorTer's any more, not sure why. The storm tonight is likely to keep them from coming on our street and choosing the mall instead.

I am still searching for an app for the phone that works in the background and will monitor NEAT as well as steps.

I thought we were supposed to chat today? And where are you, young lady?

The shit hit the fan at work and I ended up fielding a bunch of angry phone calls all afternoon. Then DH called and said to get home pronto as the radar says the storm is upon us.

Very light rain but the wind is freaky. Tornado sirens going off in the distance. Very fitting for a Halloween night.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

No success in finding a free app to monitor NEAT. But I did find a couple other things. Google translate to help when the books I read include phrases in a foreign language. And TED so I can listen to some very cool talks.

I forgot to mention that I changed my pillows to memory foam from feather. Not sure if that has anything to do with why I am sleeping better but it didn't hurt.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

252.4 down 2.4 after a fasting day.

Food yesterday was a bit high for a fasting day. My stomach growled all day, and there was junk food in the break room. I did not touch any of it (yeah!), but when I got home I had that "I deserve a reward" attitude which I had to fight against along with the growling tummy. So while making DH's dinner, I had a bite here and there-chicken, tomatoes and a mozzarella ball or 2. So then I had some Famous Dave's pickles so I wouldn't go after any sweets. I then made my smoothie and enjoyed it, then drank straight tea (no milk or cream added) the rest of the night.

NEAT yesterday...well I got 9 flights of stairs in but only 5427 steps. However I stood most of the day, of my 7 hours at work, I did not sit more than 2.5 hours. And only then because I was not in my office at all, but at someone else's desk. So the steps numbers don't reflect that well. It is really so much better on my hips and back, which seems counter intuitive, I am going to talk to my boss about the stand up desk.

Sleep wow is just about all I can say! 92% efficiency. I have been in the 90's for a while now, and I tend to wake up just before the alarm, which tells me I have had enough sleep. I still have periods of restlessness, most nights though I don't actually wake up. and the restlessness is very short duration. In the end I think that what has made the most difference here is getting closer to my natural sleep rhythms. Waking up at 5:30 in the morning just didn't fit with my natural night owl tendencies.

Today is a non-fasting day, we have BFF and hubby coming over for cards tonight. So dinner will be finger foods we can eat while we play = cheese and guacamole and olive tampenade and bread and something I can find at the grocery on the way home that I can use to put that stuff on (probably cucumbers if they are firm enough, maybe jicama). Then for 'dessert' I got a lovely port from the vineyard on Monday, since I am the only one who really cares for sweets, I don't make dessert when they come over unless it is someone's birthday.

Will you send you good sleep vibes over to me?

Yesterday, my DH was commenting that he would like a standing desk. It's amazing how much better one feels if they can stand for at least a portion of the day.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I need to stand more, especially now that the knee brace is off. I have a really nice podium in my classroom i need to start using as a standing desk.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I have successfully switched the family over to a standing zone for the computer, instead of a sitting one. They can still pull over a chair if they want, but I notice them standing more and more.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I can't switch the one at home to standing because it is in the kitchen and there is a cabinet above it. But at home, I could spend less time sitting in front of the tv and that issue would be solved as I rarely spend more than an hour and a half total all day sitting on my computer at home. The tv however...starts when DH gets home, on Saturdays we start as early as 4 to watch "This Old House", and if our college teams are playing football, even earlier. Now I do tend to get up frequently to piddle around or just piddle (restroom breaks), and make dinner, etc. But it is still a lot of sitting. And the really stupid thing is that at least half of the time it is crap I actually do not want to watch!

One thing I notice at work is, for some reason, the day seems to go by faster when I am standing. weird.