Page 443 of 624 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493543 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 6235

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 443

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Off to check it out thanks. Oh wait, i can't take wine to the vineyard, except in a bottle that is theirs.
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-26-2013 at 02:08 PM.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

yum, that is on my list.

So apparently the reason I stopped making chile rellenos is because they are a huge PITA! Good but not worth the work, unlikely I will do it again, unless I forget how much of a pain they are.

I am in a dilemma. 2 non-fasting days in a row means I have a pretty high increase on the scale after the second day. It is, on average, about 3 pounds. It is out of the realm of reasonable given what I eat on that day, but it pulls the graph up and slows the downward progression. Problem is, I don't do 2 down days in a row well, it doesn't feel good physically or mentally. I also don't do ADF well because I lose my flexibility, it is too rigid, I have tried it.

The thing is, it isn't about the scale really, the thing is why is there a 3 pound increase when I have 2 days in a row that are generally very close to my TDEE. What is the deal here?

So today is a fast day, as will be Tuesday and Thursday, then I will have to figure out what to do from there. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are always non-fasting days, Tuesday and Thursday always fasting. So the thing is about Saturday and Sunday. One of those is fasting, (usually Sunday) and then what happens is that no matter what there will be 2 non-fasting days in a row.

The thing that I think happens as well is when the calories are ingested later, i.e.. I go to bed 'full', that the scale is not so kind in the morning. This makes no sense, but it is what it is.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I gain, or if lucky, maintain, with BMR (no exercise, just enough to live). I can't figure it out...

Chris -- it seems as though on a weekly basis you are doing well? You're hitting new lost weights?

yep, weight wise going pretty well (.8 lbs a week since I started April 1). I was actually thinking more in terms of health, really more about the reason I guess. I will not be changing anything unless and until a week contains an even number of days But it is just baffling that the scale fluctuates the way it does, and I was just sort of lamenting out loud I guess.

I do think I am going to focus on "spending my calories" in my 3 to 5pm window and just do something very light later. I really do the later to be sociable but given we eat in front of the tv there really isn't anything social about it, so I need to just follow my body cues.

So far so good today, and I will do a smoothie during my witching hour. Only issue today is that I have to cook for tomorrow's picnic without taste testing. Won't be too hard since I essentially bought pre-made food, except for the pumpkin cheesecake dessert.

I don't like these Mondays if....we don't hear from you

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

you are so sweet to miss me.

Today was crazy. We decided to start a maintenance service for our house, it includes a once a year plumbing inspection, once a year electrical inspection, and twice a year HVAC (AC in spring, heat in fall) and today was the day. So I got up at 7, they got here at 8, they were here until 10:30, serious inspection. Much more than I expected, which is a good thing, except I had not expected it to take that long. DH's assistants met at our house at 11 to go to the vineyard for the celebration picnic, and we just got home (5:20 our time). We had a great time.

Neither yesterday nor today ended up being a fast day. No worries, I still did 2 this week (my minimum goal), and tomorrow is another one. I didn't get a chance to get on the scale this morning, so I am sure tomorrow will be an unhappy shock when I do get on it. My fingers are already puffy!

weight this morning 258, I deserve it, so I am not complaining, actually pleasantly surprised it didn't creap up into the 260's. As it turns out after my 4 day eating fest through Asheville I really only had 1 fast day last week (Thursday) and then I jumped right back into non-fasting mode and did another 4 day free for all. Today's fast has felt really good though so I am back on it.

So even though my weight is high it wasn't as high as I thought it was so I was in a good mood this morning. Then I got to work and was reminded that the 3 stooges of plastering are working on my office STILL. The place is a mess, and my desktop was just moved over to sit on top of a low file cabinet. PITA and dust and chunks of plaster are everywhere, and they won't be finished till mid week next week. They are also working on my bosses office so he is in a bad mood (for good reason), but since he can't be comfortable in his office he is roaming the building a lot. And since my monitor now faces the hallway, I can't do any net surfing.

Bad mood creeping in.

Then I have to sit with the bookkeeper and help her understand my time sheets, she finally gets it and now I "have" to start 3 day weeks this week, to make the budget work, so no she doesn't understand what my DH is talking about when he says that the error she made in my paycheck that cheated me out of 26 hours pay could instead just be given to me now and I wouldn't have to take the time off (not that I don't want the time off, but I want is the money). DH is gonna be pissed.

Headache building.

Then the boss sends out an email that my work days next year are Tuesday, Wednesday, and FRIDAY. Shit. So not a 4 day weekend. So yes, I am going on salaried instead of hourly, and my salary is staying the same, even though I am cutting a half day a week out of my schedule, but shit.

Day is finally over, walk out side it is damp and gloomy, perfectly completing the mood I am in.

So I cleaned the kitchen I didn't have time for this morning because I woke up late, made myself a lovely smoothie, and sat down here to gripe it out.

thanks for "listening".

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Its amazing how the gloomy weather affects our emotions. Feel good the weight was not higher, you are back on track and yeah for salary..boo for the lost weekend extra.

I can imagine the dust around your office makes work a pain. Hang in there.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.