Page 440 of 608 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490540 ... LastLast
Results 4,391 to 4,400 of 6072

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 440

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    thanks, hopefully it continues to hold true. 18 was legal age when I was in school, but we did imbibe in high school. My father was very strict about it. However, I had a friend die in a car accident in my junior year and that snapped me right out of it.

When we visited Denmark, we were having dinner at a friend's house and the father had to leave mid-dessert to pick his son up from a graduation party because he was drunk. There is no drinking age there, no stigma attached, and so the kids have no problem calling mom and dad for a ride because there is a stigma attached to driving drunk and to getting in the car with a drunk driver there!

252.8 yesterday was a non-fasting day. I ate junk. We won't go into it, but there was sugar involved. I didn't binge, it was more of a tasting while cooking that went too far. Then some chocolate covered mixed nuts. I cannot resist chocolate covered nuts. Most everything else, as long as I don't have the first bite I can resist, but the combination of crunchy, creamy, just sweet enough, and chocolate, well no cannot resist. Especially if I had already tasted a sugary thing. Now in times gone by I would have finished the entire package (it was a small souvenir sized one, come on), but I only had a single handful (after the tasting of course). It made me quite full, in an unhappy sort of way.

Today is a fasting day. ie. recovery!

Forgot to mention sleep yesterday was fantastic! 5:30 hours straight, then 10 restless minutes, then another 2 hours, then the restlessness of waking up equals 7:43 asleep with 96% efficiency and 2 wake ups.

I am going to try to make a goodwill run this afternoon, which means I need to get some stuff bagged and inventoried and put in my car. I want to get another coat on those darn frames, I am having trouble getting the exact look I want on them. We will watch the football game this afternoon as well.

If I am not taking DS back to school tomorrow then he and I need to go get our flu shots today. If I am taking him back, then we will do that tomorrow with his sister after we all have lunch.
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-19-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: sleep

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I love how you term fasting days as recovery. Do you find the recovery happens quickly or do you struggle after an imbibed day?
    oh flu shots.. a reminder I need mine.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I usually recovery pretty much as I go. It is not much of a struggle most days anymore. Some days, especially after a day when my tummy feels I went over board, it is a relief.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Okay, where are you? Isn't today a work day?

I am away till tomorrow afternoon. I will fill you in on all the details tomorrow. Too much of a PITA using the phone. Suffice it to say it is not going well with the food but all else is great.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for checking in. I was worried :-)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    -- Ruth

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ooo an adventure!!! Sounds intriguing!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

So, it appears as though I forgot to mention that we were meeting our oldest friends (he introduced DH and I as a blind date) in Asheville, NC. We went for 4 days, stayed in a lovely B&B, visited the Biltmore, roamed around downtown, took a "Brews Cruise", and ate some of the best food I have ever had. We had a blast.

This is the couple that we took swing dance lessons with for years, and spent most evenings with when we first started dating. We all were working too many hours so we ate dinner out, together, at least 5 nights a week. We have a ton of fun with them, so this weekend was fantastic. Gary, is a very funny, basically big kid, extremely kind hearted, with a bit of a impish sense of humor. He basically has the same position as DH does but at a different university. So the boys talk a bit of shop, enough to sort of get the irritating stuff out of their systems, and then on to the fun. Laura is also an accountant, so she explains to me what they are talking about when they do talk shop. In general though they are the reverse of DH and I personality. In other words Gary is most like me, Laura more like DH. The boys used to work together, and when we all went to school events people usually thought DH and Laura went together and Gary and I went together.

A "Brews Cruise" is a group of 8 people on a small school bus, being driven around to a few small craft brewers tasting their brews. I don't really drink beer, so while I took a few sips, I was basically brew free and thus was able to safely drive the 4 of us back to the B&B after the cruise was over.

Oh the food...well 3 days of 3 meals a day is just tooooooo much. But the lowlights of the food, well, the breakfasts, which is odd cause those are foods I generally love. The highlights were the night I had Beef brisket in a BBQ sauce made with Cheerwine (a southern soda), and to drink a pumpkin spiced white russian. Then the fried chicken and waffle. The chicken was moist and tender the crust was a highly spiced, nut (?) crust, the waffle was savory, with bacon bits baked in it, and the syrup was a cinnamon siricha! Now I know this was in no way Primal or LC or anything that even hints at diet, but it was by far the best thing I can remember ever eating in a restaurant, DH had to wrestle a bit of the waffle from me. In the end he finished for me anyway because it was just too much food, but it was amazing. I may have to go back just to be able to order it again. So anyone anywhere near Asheville, NC needs to go to Carmel's in Grove Arcade and order the fried chicken and waffle.

NEAT was over the top, I topped 11,000 steps every day and over 25 flights of stairs every day as well. I also learned that wearing the fitbit on my bra shows a much lower step count and stair count than wearing it in my pocket (Gary was wearing his and mine was showing way fewer steps than his even though he was sitting more than me, and our room was on the 3rd floor and theirs was ground level), so it seems I may be getting quite a few more steps than I think I am.

Sleep, fantastic! Huge comfy bed in a very cool room with big fluffy pillows and a snuggly comforter.

Got to have lunch with DD on the way through Knoxville on the way too, so all in all a great weekend.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like a blast! Gad you had such a good time.