Page 434 of 624 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484534 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 6231

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 434

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    255.0 after a fairly high, but still legit, fast day. Today is a non-fasting day.

Food yesterday went well. I was hungry more than usual, not surprising given the 2 days before, so I ate an entire pkg of celery hearts with my smoothie.

NEAT I am not sure what to do here. I need to just do it, but can't bring myself to get on the treadmill right now. We are going to Asheville in a couple of weeks and I need to have my walking legs on for that, so I really need to be on the treadmill. But instead, here I am.

Sleep is definitely getting better. I am pretty consistently getting multiple stretches of at least 2 hours through out the night. To me this means I am likely getting into REM and the deeper stages, and explains why I am feeling mentally more alert. Hoping a few more nights like this will motivate me toward the treadmill.

Today is a day of meetings...taking my computer in to have the tech help me with organizing photos, then the church youth reno, then coffee with BFF. For coffee, I think we will just take a stroll outside, the weather is so beautiful today.

256.2 after a non-fasting day. Just didn't make the best choices. Today is a fasting day, so I will be fine.

Last night I had some weird dreams. Well I actually think it was this morning. DH had to get up early, so his alarm went off about an hour and a half earlier than mine. And I think all the weird dreams occurred during that time.

In one of them, I sort of had a jolt and thought "Oh my I was supposed to pick up my boss and her son at 2pm, and it is too late to call her to say I am sorry" so I actually worried about that for a while, till I finally was able to convince myself that I it was a dream and I was not supposed to pick her up and could fall back to sleep. Then I dreamt I was selling icecream in a ball stadium, but it was like cups and it was melting. So then I decided I needed to get away from the owner, and left my tray next to his door, and snuck away. But the stadium was attached to a mall and I kept getting lost in the shoe stores and departments!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    HAHAHAHAH!!! You need new shoes obviously!! I love how you just say, oh today is a fasting day! you are so casual about it dang it! Its working for you or your working it and its all good Keep up the good work Chris. You have will of iron I tell you!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

thanks, but no I don't have a will of iron! Yesterday I ate way too many dates (I gotta get those to my DD before I finish the whole container!).

For reasons that I cannot explain, I actually look forward to the fast days now. They are not at all hard anymore (though I have heard that it comes and goes). But really part of it is that I am listening to my body. I am a night owl and I prefer my calories later in the day. So that is when I take them. I have stopped fighting the witching hour, and now it is my "lunch" hour.

I feel like I am finally working with a plan that is actually different than anything I have ever done (or thought I would ever be able to do) but feels totally natural. Being "allowed" to eat whatever I want on some days, makes no food off limits and therefore there is less of a draw most of the time. And even when I do go after something, the quantity I eat and when I am able to stop surprises even me.

Yesterday, for example, when I say I got into the dates...I ate 5. In times past, I would eat them till I was almost sick. My current thinking is that there is something in the dates that my body needs right now. They are a good source of fiber, iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium, vitamin A, the B complex, etc. So as long as I don't feel like I have lost control, I am going to try to keep listening to what my body wants to eat, without judgement.

p.s. I always need shoes!

253.4 ah yes, new low!! only 1.4 from my first interim goal of being below my last pregnancy weight before delivery of 252.

I gotta go get ready for work, but had to broadcast the news, I will be back later to chat. ttfn
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-09-2013 at 07:20 AM. Reason: math

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    whoot! whoot! NICE!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Very nice. Woot Woot indeed.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

thanks. It definitely put me in a good mood, try as I might not to be swayed by the scale!

So what that means is that I am still losing .75lbs per week (the 5:2 progress tracker figures it out for me), which is spot in the middle of my goal of .5 to 1 lb a week.

Today is a non-fasting day. But the hubs is not going to be home for dinner, so I can have whatever I want! I am thinking pecan encrusted salmon over a large fresh salad.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Awesome!!!!!

Whole Health Source: Sleep and Genetic Obesity Risk

Here is a link regarding genetics vs. environment and how sleep plays into the equation. I don't think it is a coincidence that my weight goes down when I am in bed consistently for 9 hours a night, regardless of the quality (although that has been generally improving as well). I know I need to allow at least 9 hours in bed to get enough sleep to wake up without an alarm (usually after about 8 and a half hours).

Now I haven't improved my NEAT yet, but it is the final piece of the puzzle. I will get there.
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-09-2013 at 11:45 AM. Reason: the link, duh