Page 426 of 619 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 6190

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 426

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OOOH I think it is. Chris, How can you be such a tease!?!?

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    nope, sorry 255 would be a tie for a new low. So Ruth you can see you are not the only one who re-loses slowly! I hit the 255 on August 24th. Then gained 9 over the course of the next week (the first week of being empty nesters, think emotions might have played a role?). So it has taken me 4 weeks (how is that for optimism, knowing I will hit 255 this week?) to lose it back. Today is a non-fasting day, tomorrow should be my 3rd fasting day this week, so hopefully by Sunday morning I will break through. My first big goal is to get below 252. That is what I weighed at my last doc visit before the birth of my kids (for both oddly enough). Maybe by Halloween I will be in the 40's. We shall see.

Yesterday's fast was very easy. EXCEPT when I was making DH's dinner. I made him sweet potato fritters, which he had with beans and some homemade salsa. So the part that was hard...I actually burned the first batch of the fritters, badly enough that I had to pitch them. But the insides were still good, it was very hard for me to throw away the fritters knowing that the insides were still good, weird. So I scraped it out of them and threw that back in the frying pan, so I wouldn't try to stuff it into my mouth on the way to the trash. I had one small bite of it to make sure it didn't have the burn taste, and that was it. The rest of my intake was all the coffees and teas with their HWC and coconut milk.

Currently, I am sticking to doing 3 "fasts" a week. I like doing them as essentially fat fasts, just drinking iced coffees and teas with the cream and coconut milk. Basically has been 75% fat (because so far, I have always had a few bites of some veggie). I also then am working to do just 1 meal on 3 of the non-fast days, but not really paying much attention to its calories, just eating a "healthy" meal. Tonight is going to be fish and a huge salad. If I feel so inclined, I may do one of the mug desserts, but I usually don't bother in the end. The 7th day of the week I just eat to hunger, and allow treats if needed. That usually ends up being 2 meals and maybe a bit of chocolate. I do allow wine or wine spritzers on my non-fasting days, though I don't always drink it.

Since my problems stem around portion control, it is easier if I just eat less often.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    WOW.. I love seeing you so successful!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

thanks, me too. I really like this plan a lot. For me it handles my portion control issues, and I can jump right back into it, and I am not deprived of anything-so therefore I don't feel the need to binge. I think I finally found my answers.

I am still relatively low carb, on average, but I do allow a "dessert/treat" on occasion.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Great Job!

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Indeed. I so love hearing how well you are doing. If you don't get 55 this week, no doubt you will by next week.

When I travel, I usually do one meal and one small snack (working toward one meal...though I end up with a lot of social obligations, so the "snack" or small meals ends up in there). At home, with DH, it's a lot harder.

Portion control is part of my problem, but emotional eating (this is sometimes procrastination and boredom as well!) is my biggest problem. I'm trying to address that these days.

My DH has been getting home very late lately. So we don't actually eat together anymore as I don't like to eat so closely to my bedtime. I did tell him last night that I was going to have to go back to going to bed by 9:30. The extra hour I stay up at night is spent sitting in front of the tv, usually listening to him snore, and lately I have been staying in bed after my alarm goes off. The time I am losing in the morning is treadmill and general puttering around the house. I wish I could get him to go to bed with me, given he is always sleeping when I do go to bed then.

Anyway, point is I like to finish eating by about 6:30, he usually doesn't get home till 7:30, then his cocktails puts his dinner closer to 8:30 or 9. So if I eat or what I eat, doesn't really matter with regards to his dinner. Plus he is a carbo-holic, pasta lover, who is eating what he thinks the cardiologist wants him to (beans and whole grains). So even if we ate together we would not eat the same thing.

I tend not to do a whole lot of emotional eating. The first week of empty nesting I was just mopey, zero movement, but I probably also ate. I will continue to eat to avoid some chore I don't want to do though. So for example, I will have seconds and thirds at lunch, to avoid vacuuming. Now I just don't start the lunch, and go lie on the couch and do a meditation instead. Same 30 minutes, just more productive.

With me, the easiest way to control my portions is not to start. My "full" meter doesn't kick in for at least 30 minutes after I eat, and often an hour. Then I tend to stay full for quite a while, especially after dinner. So if I can keep myself away from a second portion for 30 to 45 minutes, I am usually good to go without it.

I am chatty today, can you tell I am bored at work? The computer just ate the bibliography I have been working on all morning, so bored and irritated.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I'm tired and don't feel like working. I have 2 more conference calls, and then I will take a nap. I'm eating too much because I'm tired.

I'm glad you're chatty - gives me something to do today

ah yes, the other reason I will eat, sleepy. Not sure why it makes me feel guiltier to take a nap than to eat half a box of crackers.

I have to tell you that, I still really love your picture, for some reason this one really makes me feel like I know you better.

While I hate that my job can be so tedious and boring, it beats the heck out of what your job puts you through. Though I can 100% guarantee my pay is significantly less than yours.

It is kind of a pain, because I was starting to make serious progress with photoshop, and I would really prefer to be messing with that right now!