Page 422 of 642 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 6414

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 422

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    gotta love a one pan meal. I literally sauteed the chicken thighs to get them crispy on both sides, then poured a jar of marinated artichokes and most of their liquid over them, covered it all and cooked it on medium till done (about 10 minutes a side and 10 more to cook the chicken through.) Made orzo for DH to put it all over (I don't eat orzo-waste of calories to me!). Sprinkled the whole thing with a generous helping of shredded Parmesan. fantastic, really. A shave of lemon peel would have been a nice addition if you have one around, though it didn't need it.

So, realized last night that the AC was not cooling the house. HVAC guy came today. We need a new one. Likely one upstairs as well, and the furnaces cannot be far behind. All told, wild guess $10,000.

DS has to have oral surgery this year to remove 2 permanent teeth that chose to grow side ways across the top of the roots of his front teeth instead of coming out in the normal fashion.

This, at the very least, means I don't get the new living room furniture this year. Rats.

So I am at home, to meet the HVAC guy, alone unexpectedly, so I ate lunch. Not much, but really not good stuff. Finding myself at home alone unexpectedly for some reason sets off the "get something to eat" alarm in my head.

I had some leftover ground meat and veggies (there was less than 3 oz left), I had one cake ball, then trimmed one of the cake layers for tomorrow and put a bit of icing on it. But the good news is I stopped there. I could have had more cake balls, I could have trimmed the other 2 layers and iced the trimmings on those as well. But I didn't. Not sure I would have been as good after the guy left though had I not immediately left for work.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Good job! Take your victories where you can.

That artichoke chicken sounds good. I love chicken thighs-they are the best part of the bird.

I can get the thighs-grass fed- for a very good price, and it is just a bonus that they are the best easiest part to cook.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Ugh. What a bummer on the A/C. This is one of the "joys" of home ownership that I could do without.

I don't love chicken in general. Thighs are okay, but I actually prefer breast meat (I've been eating "white" meat all my life and so that's what I've grown accustomed to). I might thighs for the family

I used to prefer the breast as well, for the same reason. But our Trader Joes started getting grass fed thighs and legs (no idea where the rest of the chicken is) and they were relatively cheap, so I got hooked.

OMG!!! The HVAC cost twice as much as we had each guessed it might, and I thought the guesses were high. SH!T!! $8,000. And our upstairs one is just as old as the downstairs one, though slightly smaller, and had rust in the drain tube (meaning it is on its last legs as well). New one comes in Wednesday.

OK so the STATS

258.0 up .8 this sucks because I still have 2 days on non-fasting coming up
    6122 steps 11 flights
    6:57 at 83%

Food yesterday was weird. First I had the little unexpected time alone at home, and thus ate when I would not normally have, nor was I really hungry Then I had put dinner in the crock pot because we were going out last night and I wanted to have it ready when we got home. But we had to meet with the guy about the AC replacement and that took 2.5 hours, so we decided to just go to the party and eat there

So we are in line to get food, and they run out of plates, so the guy in front of us says he will have his wife put his food on her plate for us to go ahead and take the last one. I am like no, the caterer is on her way back with plates you go ahead and we will just wait. The guy says no, I insist, DH says go ahead and take the plate. So I fill the plate for both of us and just as I finish the woman brings the plates, AND DH TAKES ONE and proceeds to fill his plate. So now I am standing there with this enormous plate of food, his plate has-well yes- half of what I have on my plate, and he says lets go find the Dean. I am like, have you lost your fricking mind? So I found a little side room where I could sit and eat the stuff I had put on my plate for myself, without having to explain to anyone why the hell I had a huge pile of food on my plate. (I have mentioned lately that we look like Mutt and Jeff, he is thin and I am obese) He had gone to get a glass of wine, then came looking for me (this is odd cause he would normally have just left me be) and asked what I was doing. When I explained I was embarrassed about how much food I had on my plate, he thought I was being silly. So I said that was fine, I would just finish eating and find him when I was done. But then he sat down with me and we ate together, and I had to throw way perfectly lovely food, because he was a numbskull. The food was yummy though, and I have no idea what everything was, "gourmet" versions of southwest I believe.

NEAT well I got the stairs in right? Just gotta get on that treadmill first thing or I am not going to get those steps in.

Sleep, ah, these are sad stats because we slept upstairs in the super comfy room. So now I know I can't totally blame it on the bed. RATS.

Now this morning, the icing for the cake is too liquid (it is sucking up the humidity). So although the flavor is perfect I am going to have to add powdered sugar to stiffen it up or it will slide off the cake

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    HOLY cow. Wow. I might need to think about how much we keep in our savings account............

I feel the same way about my DH and myself. He is thin...I am so NOT. And, he is small-boned (for a guy), so I always feel like it looks more apparent (we are the same height, same bone size, same foot size, same hand size...only I weigh like 40 lb more). It does not seem to bother him at all...but really bothers me. [The only difference between your DH and mine is that my DH would have eaten his plate and the rest of mine...provided I didn't eat the whole thing!)

I SO want to try this cake. Good thing we don't live near

DH did eat some of the stuff on mine when I told him why I was sitting there. It was actually very sweet. He is taller than I am (he is 6' and I am 5'7"), and he is not thin in the sense that if you saw him you would not think he was thin (he wears a 35" waist pant, Large shirts usually), but he has a pretty low body fat, no pot belly or anything like that, and I weigh 80 pounds more than he does. And while I weigh more than I think most people would guess, it would still be hugely embarrassing to sit down next to him and have twice as much food on my plate as he does. Most may not notice, but that doesn't really matter does it?

The amended icing is not as good, too sweet I think and that masks the more delicate flavors of the lavender and honey liqueur, but I have used all the lavender, and I can't add anymore liquid so it is what it is. I will put a thinner layer on the cake than normal and it will still be a good balance, I couldn't have it sliding off the cake.

Well, I would call the cake a fail. To me it looks like a cross between a minion and a penis and not much like the observatory. But since it does taste fantastic I will still risk the embarrassment and enter it into the contest, and hope for the winner in the taste division. If our air was working I would mess with it some more and add piped icing details, but the heat and the humidity in the house would likely only make matters worse.

Now to finish the rest of the food and get dressed. Luckily it is supposed to cool down tonight.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Hurray for the penis cake! Hope you win.