Page 418 of 549 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 5489

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 418

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    One of the things I have planned is to switch out our king mattress for 2 twins when we next need a new mattress. I will keep the box springs, so it will be a lot cheaper. Then I will put a strip of memory foam between the 2, and layer the egg crate foam, a memory foam, and a feather bed topper on top of that. This is what I did to our spare bed, because I had the 2 twin mattresses already and wanted a king in there. The only catch is that I will need to use XL twins because the regular twins are 4" shorter than the king box springs. We have a sleigh bed but this arrangement will still fit within it. What this does is make the bed crazy comfy and nearly totally eliminates the wave from your partner's movements.

Our room is already dark, cool, and quiet but with a box fan for white noise. When we have company in that spare room, they ALWAYS sleep in and rave about how comfy that bed is. We use it whenever we have a good excuse to.

I am pretty sure that this arrangement will cut back considerably on the wake ups as I am almost positive they are from DH going to the bathroom.

the only suggestion I have for the not being able to go back to sleep (given you are not Thomas Edison and able to nap whenever you get the urge) is to try a sleep meditation. I have a couple that I listen to that are about 30 minutes long, and use them to fall asleep every night. So that now, my body knows that they signal it is time to sleep, and I use them when I cannot fall back asleep in the middle of the night, which thankfully is becoming very rare.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    I took a free MB personality test. It says I'm an ISTP. Sounds pretty reasonable when I read the description. Not sure I'm adventurous, unless you count willing to change jobs on a whim and move across the country.

Funny, do you do Facebook? I just posted yesterday a graphic that shows the different personality types of the Harry Potter characters.

I am an ENFP, which makes me Ron Weasley. ISTP makes you Harry Potter! http://25.media.tumblr.com/765632a34...o1_r1_1280.jpg

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, that's what made me go take it = your FB post. I made DH take it as well. He is ESFJ.

I knew for sure you were an "E" From what I know of you, ENFP is a wonderful fit.

So after a non-fasting day, I am down .2 to 259.2. Today is another non-fasting day, so we shall see.

Food yesterday was interesting. I made a smoothie when I got home because I thought I needed to figure out how to incorporate the anti-inflammatory chia and flax. It was gross. Not gross tasting but a weird texture. I dumped it. I don't really need anything when I get home from work and should just plan to wait for dinner, but once I got the thought that I was going to have something well, gosh darn I was gonna. So I ended up with a bit of a pantry raid. Not a full on binge because it was controlled to an extent, but not well planned either. Dinner was sweet potato and salad. I could have/should have not eaten dinner, I really wasn't hungry, so again, best to just skip the snack. Will try to remember this in the future.

NEAT yesterday was pretty good. Even though I didn't get all of my steps and stairs I did not sit around either. There were only 2 times during the day in which I sat for a just over an hour, and one of those I was on the floor at work rearranging the lower bookcase storage-so lots of reaching and moving and lifting of stacks of books. 8338 steps and 8 flights of stairs.

Sleep yesterday continues to follow the trend, around 7 hours of actual sleep and beginning to get longer stretches of actual sleep.

It is "Chamber of Commerce" weather today (ie. absolutely gorgeous!!!). DH took the day off and we are going to drive out into the Tennessee countryside and hit a local winery and pick up our wine (we are club members there).

Not fasting today.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Yeah, that's what made me go take it = your FB post. I made DH take it as well. He is ESFJ.

I knew for sure you were an "E" From what I know of you, ENFP is a wonderful fit.
    ahhh, yes it is interesting that it is pretty much spot on. My son is exactly the opposite of me as an ISTJ (Severus Snape) and his description is spot on as well. Both of us took the long version of the test, my daughter took it as well, but I can't remember what hers is-but I would guess it is ESFP, I remember DS's because he is opposite. I don't know that DH has ever taken it, but would guess he is an ESTJ.

I took it the first time in college as part of my Psychology major (that was my first major), then many years later when my children took theirs the first time with a psychologist who was testing them for reading disabilities (dyslexia). Then both of them took it again in high school. What is interesting to me is that the classifications never changed. How extreme they were (basically how strong each characteristic was) shifted, but the classifications stayed the same.
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-14-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    but I could ... add some Kombucha.
    This!

I am starting to feel like a pusher, wanting everyone to try kombucha.

I am pretty sure I am going to go for it and start with continuous brew. So gotta get the vessel then get the scoby and away I go.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 (a 4:3) fast diet with real food.

yesterday...lots of food, no movement, lousy sleep...up 2.2 this morning to 261.4.

Food, well I ate a lot. However it was not bingie, though it was high carb. Also, I know that I did not create a surplus of 7,000 calories in one day, so I know that the added weight I see this morning is not fat, I am not concerned. Today is a fast day.

NEAT I did not sit around the house, but I did not walk a lot either. We took a long drive in the country and it was great, so no apologies here. 4743 and 4 flights of stairs.

Sleep, well we planned to sleep in. I woke up at 7, which is 30 minutes later than normal. I got 7:14 of sleep total with 87% efficiency. However I did have one 3 hour stretch, and 2 that were just over an hour and 2 that were just under, so I felt pretty good.

I bought 2 Crepe Myrtles yesterday, fuchsia ones, I will plant today. I also have a bush to transplant and some compost to spread. So there will not be a lot of steps today and tomorrow, but there will be a lot of movement/work. Perfect weather for it!

p.s. bought some Kombucha at Whole foods today, starting with 4 ozs, and beginning my search for the perfect vessel to use at home for continuous brewing. I found one online but hoping to find one locally, in case I have issues with it, leaking or whatever.
    Last edited by demuralist; 09-15-2013 at 08:51 AM.

PrimalCon New York
    Ok, very productive morning and I am pooped.

Went to church to drop off 3 finished scrapbook pages for the kid's Youth Director who is moving on (luckily he is moving on the Young Adults, so the kids still get him when they are home!). Then to Whole foods.

I spent 3 hours gardening. I transplanted a plant that was unhappy in its location, and planted the Crepe Myrtles. I spread some compost, did a little bit of pruning, and a little bit of weeding. Tomorrow I will work on the back yard path. I am growing Creeping Thyme between the stones and I need to trim it off the stones and guide it into the spaces, as well as do a bit more weeding along there.