Page 416 of 606 FirstFirst ... 316366406414415416417418426466516 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,160 of 6056

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 416

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well ok fast day and 2 dozen cake balls in the fridge is not a good combo. I ate 8! Good news is...

....I didn't finish them

...they are a measured tablespoon each so I had basically 8 large bites of cake with frosting and chocolate

...I have felt like crap ever since, serious sugar crash. Hopefully I will remember this next time I want to eat that much cake again.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

So today is a non-fasting day, I had a breakfast meeting at my house this morning. So I had a bit of the egg/sausage/veggie casserole I made. I poured that on top of a couple of slices of bread, but I cut the bread off of mine. I did have part of a muffin though. There were 4 different flavors of muffins we had cut each into quarters, I took a piece from 2 of the muffins and had a bite off of each. Not worth it, neither was very good, so I didn't go past the first bite. I did drink a lot of my iced coffee, it was my typical "recipe" so no problems there.

I just went back in my doc visit records and saw that I went down to 239 in June 2008. And had gone as high as 290 in 2010 or 2011 (I can't remember now). Point is...I would really like to get back to the 239 (it was actually 235 at home) by the next time I go to see her, which will be next June. Which is 37 weeks. Take out Christmas and Thanksgiving and it gives me 35 weeks to lose about 30 pounds ( a little less but I am giving myself a fudge factor here). That is about a pound a week. I can do this. Seriously, I can.

2 to 3 days a week below 500 calories, 3 to 4 days at TDEE or below (about 2100), and one possible day of whatever. I also plan for the most part to only eat 1 meal a day. The more often I eat the more I eat, I am not great at portion control.

NEAT, well we know this one...10,000 steps a day, 10 flights of stairs, and 3 times a week do a set of three 20second bursts at full intensity with a break in between.

Sleep, again, I now know I need to be in bed 9 hours to get 8 hours of sleep. Gotta be in bed by 9:30.

Tomorrow is a fast day. Thinking spaghetti squash and a nice piece of baked fish.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Food yesterday was very reasonable. I just did one meal. We had company over, and with this group I usually do just lots of cheese and appetizers because we play cards and with bites we can play and use small plates and get up between hands. But I actually made dinner last night. And I am pretty sure I eat less that way. I also made myself a wine spritzer, instead of drinking it by the glass. Less alcohol equal less thoughtless eating.

NEAT yesterday, well, fitbit needed charging so the steps are going to be off. Then we didn't do a walk since we played cards all night. steps 4626 and 4 flights of stairs.

Sleep yesterday was good. I got 7:56 and 90% efficiency. The good thing is that I had a stretch of about 4.5 hours uninterrupted.

Didn't weigh myself this morning, I forgot and I have already changed to go out.

And, following Karin's advice, I am tracking...on fast days. On non-fast days I am putting the food in the notes at the bottom of the page. I make the more complicated recipes on those days and it is just too much of a PITA to try to track all of the ingredients.

I learned something this morning. I am rolling the cake balls for tonight (these are the practice ones, the real ones get made in the next couple of weeks, contest the 21st) and I was not even slightly tempted to put anything in my mouth. In the future, I need to do all of my baking and dessert making in the morning. DUH! How stupid not to have figured this out before. If you bake during your witching hour it is going to be a battle the whole time to keep everything out of your mouth.
    Well done. I agree, that is the prime time to do more complicated recipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Yeah! The day I found out about the show, I had cheese, a slim jim, coffee with hnh, and entire bag of veggie chips and almonds for lunch plus a Primal dinner... Still lost a pound.
    nice!

Well ok fast day and 2 dozen cake balls in the fridge is not a good combo. I ate 8! Good news is...

....I didn't finish them

...they are a measured tablespoon each so I had basically 8 large bites of cake with frosting and chocolate

...I have felt like crap ever since, serious sugar crash. Hopefully I will remember this next time I want to eat that much cake again.
    great observation

So today is a non-fasting day, I had a breakfast meeting at my house this morning. So I had a bit of the egg/sausage/veggie casserole I made. I poured that on top of a couple of slices of bread, but I cut the bread off of mine. I did have part of a muffin though. There were 4 different flavors of muffins we had cut each into quarters, I took a piece from 2 of the muffins and had a bite off of each. Not worth it, neither was very good, so I didn't go past the first bite. I did drink a lot of my iced coffee, it was my typical "recipe" so no problems there.

I just went back in my doc visit records and saw that I went down to 239 in June 2008. And had gone as high as 290 in 2010 or 2011 (I can't remember now). Point is...I would really like to get back to the 239 (it was actually 235 at home) by the next time I go to see her, which will be next June. Which is 37 weeks. Take out Christmas and Thanksgiving and it gives me 35 weeks to lose about 30 pounds ( a little less but I am giving myself a fudge factor here). That is about a pound a week. I can do this. Seriously, I can.

2 to 3 days a week below 500 calories, 3 to 4 days at TDEE or below (about 2100), and one possible day of whatever. I also plan for the most part to only eat 1 meal a day. The more often I eat the more I eat, I am not great at portion control.

NEAT, well we know this one...10,000 steps a day, 10 flights of stairs, and 3 times a week do a set of three 20second bursts at full intensity with a break in between.

Sleep, again, I now know I need to be in bed 9 hours to get 8 hours of sleep. Gotta be in bed by 9:30.

Tomorrow is a fast day. Thinking spaghetti squash and a nice piece of baked fish.
    you will.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I'm on a fast day tomorrow as well. Hopefully, I can keep the calories down.

The l-tyrosine arrived. Thanks. It was so cool to see your handwriting in the note.

It is funny how very personal that seems now a days when we so rarely see someone's handwriting. Now I wish I had taken a few minutes to actually use a decent hand.

Karin, thanks. One of the things I like about the 5:2/4:3 plan is the ability to get excited about it anew every week. I am excited again. It is almost like I cheated and I am starting all over. Except I didn't really cheat and I am on the same program. It is interesting.

Well, not a great new start to my plan...I didn't do the treadmill today, (my "excuse" was that none of my work out pants were clean-how dumb-once my brain woke up I was like "so what, you work out alone in your basement, wear them dirty" but by then I didn't have enough time to do it and be ready for work on time). Also, we have a group using the upstairs at work today, so I have to use the downstairs restroom.

I have to meet BFF's hubby to help them with reno ideas right after work. But I am hoping that when I get home, I won't talk myself out of the treadmill. I also still want to take the after dinner walk with DH.

Fast day today, so far so good. And my plan for dinner looks good as well. If I am really hungry, I can always add some konjac noodles to my spaghetti squash for bulk. I even allowed for a T of butter on them. Also doing baked fish. Then after dinner I should have enough calories left for a decaf iced coffee.

Sleep has been lousy the last couple of nights. I have been in bed long enough, but lots of little wake ups.

p.s. the scale this morning was NOT kind. I am up to 264.4, I had gotten down to 255.2 just 3 weeks ago. Much of it is likely water, as I can feel it in my ankles and my clothes are still fitting well.

well, the scale finally did something you would expect, it showed a loss after a very low calorie day, 2 pounds down in fact. I still did not drink enough, which I will diligently work on today, but there is obviously some water loss.

Food yesterday was very good. I came in under my 550, though I am trying to bring it in under 500 so that when my weight drops enough to have to do that it will already be in place. It was 527.

NEAT well, I hang my head, I just have trouble with this..6045 and 6 flights of stairs. Actually 6 flights is pretty good when you consider I could not use the upstairs at work yesterday (or the rest of this week actually). It rained last night so no evening walk, and I met with a friend to help him with a reno he is doing on a rental property, so no treadmill when I got home either.

I have done something to my back, it is likely from when I cleaned the front door and did a bit of reaching from a step stool that I probably should not have. So I have a little catch that pinches me when I take a long stride or twist, obviously it is cutting down on my movement.

Sleep, still crappy...7:10 81% efficiency, on a positive note though I had 2 stretches of 1:30 and one that lasted 2:20, now if I could just figure out how to string those together.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    ouch.. pinches in the back are so inconvenient. Maybe a massage will help and a muscle relaxer. Yeah for 2 pounds down no matter the reason. LOL bummer about the walking. As soon as the brace comes off I want to get back to at least walking on the treadmill.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

The pinch is getting better, I have errands to run after work today, and it looks like rain again. We have had the wettest summer, all of my "drought tolerant" plants are wilting and turning brown, they don't like wet feet.

My back seems to have pretty much resolved its issue. Only a very slight tweek when I twist.

woke up this morning before the alarm, it felt good. I got right on the treadmill, then came up and cleaned the kitchen. ran short on time so I didn't check my sleep or steps or stairs for yesterday. But I know that the food did ok. It was a non-fast day, but I only ended up eating dinner, no afternoon snack as I got home late from the errands. So my calories were a bit low, even though I was stuffed from dinner (which was not very primal but was very good). I even had a wine spritzer with dinner and a 100 calorie dark chocolate bar after dinner, and the days calories still came in under 1,000.

Today is a fast day, had my usual iced coffee for breakfast. Dinner will be baked fish and spaghetti squash since it was so very good on Tuesday! I sprinkled a bit of Parm on it and broiled it to make a crust, added my measured T of kerrygold to the squash (I added konjac noodles but that was too much so I will skip that tonight).

So the scale showed me down another 1.2 pounds to 261.2, that is still 6.2 above my 255 low three weeks ago, but 3+ down from my high last week. Going in the right direction, so I am happy. Really want to get into the low 230's by my June doc appt.