Page 415 of 609 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 6087

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 415

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Weird. What kind of records did she think ya'll have?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    She was in a home that was technically an orphanage that was connected with the denomination that we service. The home is no longer in existence (and she wasn't actually an orphan-her mother dropped her off for a few years while she got on her feet then picked her up-so she should be able to get what she needs given she knows/knew her birth mother). Anyway, some of their records were sent to us (newsletters, board minutes, financial statements) but they don't include any personal files. Actually even if they did, we would probably need a court order to release them due to privacy laws and such.

But there is a repetitive nature to her arguments (ie.I hear them a lot)... but once records are donated to an archive they become the property of the archive, a document is signed. The archive then stores, in hopefully air and humidity controlled state, those artifacts. An archivist is on staff to accession them, and an archivist is on staff to retrieve them. Most archives charge for that. We have members, and our archives are only open to our members. Of course anyone can join and thus get access. She didn't want to have to pay. (it is $36.50 yrly)

Many people call and tell us that the records are theirs and so they don't have to join or pay for photocopying, because they are their records. That is not how it works though.

And actually in this case, we just don't have the records.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Have you ever used a knitting loom? I'm thinking of getting one (I'm craft challenged).
    -- Ruth

Like the square ones for pot holders or the circular ones? I have used both and the circlular one is quite easy and you can find free patterns where you can make pretty scarves and such. They come in different sizes. It is how I got DD hooked on knitting, she got a set for Christmas one year. Personally don't understand making pot holders, or wash clothes.

So, yesterday was a fast day, I actually had only 370 calories, and the scale is up 1.4 pounds from yesterday. I am not upset in any way at all, just reporting on the weirdness.

Food yesterday, good. I had my morning coffee and dinner. I ate celery while cooking dinner and preparing the meals for tonight and tomorrow night (company tonight and concert picnic tomorrow night). I was full when I went to bed though, so I sort of wonder if I didn't put more in my mouth than I think I did? If I did it was no more than a few bites tasting of potato salad, and even if it equaled 1/2C it should not have taken me over my calories.

NEAT yesterday was pretty good. 7187 and 5 flights of stairs. DH got home late last night so the steps are without our evening walk and without the treadmill. So that is pretty darn good I think.

Sleep was pretty good too. 7:57 and 90% efficiency, but I had two 3 hour stretches and one stretch of an hour and a half, so it was not so broken up as it has been.

I have to do a book inventory today at work, so unlikely I will be on the computer till tomorrow, gonna be weird.

Food yesterday was very reasonable. I just did one meal. We had company over, and with this group I usually do just lots of cheese and appetizers because we play cards and with bites we can play and use small plates and get up between hands. But I actually made dinner last night. And I am pretty sure I eat less that way. I also made myself a wine spritzer, instead of drinking it by the glass. Less alcohol equal less thoughtless eating.

NEAT yesterday, well, fitbit needed charging so the steps are going to be off. Then we didn't do a walk since we played cards all night. steps 4626 and 4 flights of stairs.

Sleep yesterday was good. I got 7:56 and 90% efficiency. The good thing is that I had a stretch of about 4.5 hours uninterrupted.

Didn't weigh myself this morning, I forgot and I have already changed to go out.

And, following Karin's advice, I am tracking...on fast days. On non-fast days I am putting the food in the notes at the bottom of the page. I make the more complicated recipes on those days and it is just too much of a PITA to try to track all of the ingredients.

I learned something this morning. I am rolling the cake balls for tonight (these are the practice ones, the real ones get made in the next couple of weeks, contest the 21st) and I was not even slightly tempted to put anything in my mouth. In the future, I need to do all of my baking and dessert making in the morning. DUH! How stupid not to have figured this out before. If you bake during your witching hour it is going to be a battle the whole time to keep everything out of your mouth.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good observation.

yes, but the problem is I have to dip them during the witching hour, gotta find one of my masks.

So, dipping, I had 10 of the chocolate discs-pre-melting, 2 cake bites that looked hideous, then 2 at the concert. I also had 2 Hammy Sammy sliders, 1/2C of loaded baked potato salad, 1C of marinated veggies salad, 2 crackers @ with a slice of cheese. I drank water. For lunch, 3/4C of the potato salad and 1/3C of the rest of the homemade salsa.

It was a non-fasting day, and my "day-off" the plan for this week. As you can see it was neither Primal nor Low Carb. It was also not excessive.

The scale this morning...I am down 1.2 pounds.

Again, just reporting on the weirdness.

NEAT I only had 6122 steps and 3 flights of stairs, but my step graph shows that I was pretty much moving all day, with only the sitting at the concert as a period of non-movement. However, I really need to get serious about movement, so I am going to force myself to at least get on the treadmill each morning and hopefully most nights we will go for a walk after dinner.

Sleep yesterday was not great but not horrible. 6:34 with 88% efficiency, but there were 3 periods of reasonably uninterrupted sleep. I am beginning to feel like that is what makes the biggest difference in how I feel. If I get 8 hours of sleep but it is broken up by a series of even very brief wake ups, it is not as satisfying as 6 hours uninterrupted. Just gonna have to figure out how to do it.

Today, I have already been on the treadmill, and filled my car with bags and such for a Goodwill run tomorrow. I need to mow the lawn, edge, clear the sidewalk, wash the front door, and weed. Most of which I would like to accomplish this week. Well, weeding is a constant chore, but the rest I should be able to finish today and tomorrow.

Today is a fast day. Dinner for me tonight is baked fish and roasted veggies. And I should have enough calories left to have a decaf iced coffee, at least with coconut milk if not also HWC.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Yeah! The day I found out about the show, I had cheese, a slim jim, coffee with hnh, and entire bag of veggie chips and almonds for lunch plus a Primal dinner... Still lost a pound.

obviously repeated days like this would not work, I believe that is how I got to where I am right now, but it seems like once a week is not unreasonable...well, no more than once a week. I don't want to give myself permission to do it such that I feel like I "deserve" it weekly, or that I do it weekly because that is my plan.

It is almost 2pm, I have mowed, and edged, and done some weeding, 7449 steps already. Celery and water for lunch, so even though there is a plate of cake bites in the fridge, I am still on task for my fast day.

I downloaded a tutorial program for Photoshop Elements, it was $6, and I just used the gift card that came with my computer. I decided I could play with it and eventually learn how to use it again, but, for 6 bucks why waste the time. I want to use it.

I saw something recently that said if you spend an 1 a day studying/reading about something that you would be an expert in about 7 years depending on how broad or narrow your scope. So I am going for Photoshop first, eventually would love to do Art or Architectural History.