Page 414 of 660 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 6593

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 414

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have no plan.

Ok, so your point is I need to track? I will at least put what I eat in the notes every day even when I don't actually track.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    yes, use the notes.. use something. As you know, a record is valuable
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

thanks for keeping me honest! I know you are right, when I want to come back and duplicate I want to know what to duplicate.

So things are going well. I got my weekly email from fitbit to show how the week went and my daily steps average went up a thousand steps (6,880-this needs work!) and my average flights of stairs went up 2 flights a day (to 9). So I am moving in the right direction.

Food yesterday went well. It was a fasting day and my calories hit 518 (I allow 550 at my current weight). My Carbs were 35g all from veggies. Better yet, I weighed and measured and tracked. Today is non-fasting and I will track or at least note everything I eat and drink.

NEAT yesterday went pretty well. I didn't drink enough so not as many trips to the restroom so not as many flights of stairs at work, but I still ended up with 9 flights so that makes me happy. Steps I got in 8813, DH and I have been taking a walk after dinner, which is very nice, and last night we took the medium length route (I had to pee, so we had to hoof it home) When I get myself on the treadmill regularly in the mornings I should have a pretty easy time of hitting my 10,000. So now just need to do it.

Sleep yesterday was 7:46 and 87% efficiency, this was due to DH's snoring. Funny thing is he slept in and said he could have slept all day when he finally got up. I wish I could have after he woke me up so many times.

loves walking is offline Member
    Hi Chris: I have been following your journal and was wondering what fitbit you own. I'm have been thinking of buying one and want to know if you think they are worth buying.
    Thanks Nancy

Chris- your post today just kicked me in the a$$. I love the simplicity. Even though I have been doing fairly well.. time to get my ass in gear, especially since I am wanting to be more mobile. I need to charge my fitbit.
    Karin

Hi Nancy, thanks for stopping by. I have a very old FitBit Ultra, which I don't even know if they sell anymore. The things I like are that it seems to be reasonably accurate, that it measures my sleep/wake cycle even if it is in the pocket of my pj's, I can wear it on my bra so it is not visible to everyone, and that it syncs with my computer and with MyFitnessPal. What I don't like is that it counts flights of stairs instead of the number of stairs I climbed, the sleep part is not going to be as accurate as a bodybugg (or whatever), and on occasion it stops talking to my computer and I have to re-install the program (this happens about once a year). The clip broke once, through no fault of my own, but the company promptly replaced it, although I see now they sell them on their website so they may not be so ready to do that anymore. It is accurate enough for what I want -I don't do the calories vs. exercise vs. metabolism - if you do you probably want one of those that sit on your bicep.

Karin, I think in the long run the fewer rules I put on myself, and the simpler the rules, the more likely I am to stick with it for life. It is becoming more important for me to be able to be sharp and mobile for what is left of my life. So far so good, but really I can do better.

Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

great article!!
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Food yesterday went well. I did post it in the "notes" of the day on MFP. And this morning I weighed the same as I did yesterday morning. (it is still 4 pounds high from my low a couple of weeks ago, but I will not be deterred). Today is a fast day. We have a meeting at work and yesterday my boss emailed me to see what I would like from Panera, "nothing for me thanks". She knows what I am doing so she won't push it.

NEAT was less than stellar yesterday. 4589 steps, 4 flights of stairs. I was exhausted for some reason. To the point that it was actually making my head hurt. I went to bed at 9:30. To make myself feel better I watched Duck Dynasty while reading the "Humor" section on Pinterest. I laughed so hard I was crying. Went to bed smiling.

Sleep yesterday, well it explains why I was so tired...6:32 and 88% efficiency.

I spent over 30 minutes on the phone yesterday with a woman who was accusing me of being part of a conspiracy to keep her from her personal records (we don't have the records and she thinks we do). A testament to how, even when I am exhausted with a headache, that I can stay polite and level headed no matter how long a person will keep me on the phone with ridiculous arguments. Today, I have to explain the whole discussion to one of our archivists, and then she is going to have to call the woman back and go through the crazy discussion with her.