Page 413 of 660 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 6595

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 413

Pineneedles is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm glad you're rewarding yourself with the new software after getting all that tedious stuff done! Really used to enjoy playing with Photoshop at art school but don't have it now.

Good luck - hope your day takes a surprise good turn somewhere along the way even before the Photoshop!

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    So the good news is I am done with the errands, and the undies and socks for the boys were half price! And I found DS a swim suit on sale for $7. It will be useful since he joined the sailing club.

While I was getting dressed to go out, I decided to try on the pants that I have sitting waiting for me to lose enough weight to wear them. Why not right, already in a crappy mood, what did I have to lose. Well, I got them all on and zipped. One pair is actually wearable, though I will probably wait for a few more pounds-which will work because they are of a heavier material so just in time for cooler weather. Anyway, it helped my mood. Then I put my, fresh out of the dryer, jeans on and they felt a bit baggy. Figured it was in my head, but no after walking around in them I can tell you they are on the loose side! Perk the mood up even more.

Now I just need to finish my lunch, and mow the lawn and saw down the monster weed, and I can play with photoshop!!

Well, ok, while I do that I will also have to clean the kitchen and do the laundry and bake the red velvet cake for the competition, but now I am in a good enough mood that I won't eat half the cake when it is done.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Hope your day is going well in spite of the yucky errands.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Wow on the pants. Things like that always perk me up!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

thanks. It is going better than I had expected, so that is all you can ask for right?

So I have decided the lawn doesn't really need mowed. For several reasons...It is not so long that it can't wait till next week, it is sooo hot out, and I don't wanna. I did take care of the weed tree, and a couple of others that were getting there, the ones that DH sees out of his office window, so that should make him happy.

Now after I cool off I will start the inside stuff, with A/C blasting.

I plan to enter a cake competition on the 21st. I had a chance to enter this particular one a few years ago, but basically putzed out and it has bugged me ever since because what was entered was not nearly as good as even the one I didn't want to enter because I was not impressed with myself. The prize that year was a stunning black Epiphone Anniversary Edition Guitar signed by the artists that played that night.

I don't know what the prize is this time, but I can't not enter again. So it is sponsored by the Bluebird on the Mountain and Jack Daniels. I am going to make Drunken Red Balls, and a My Buttered Honey Cake. The red balls are my Red Velvet Cake balls with a touch of Jack Daniels tossed in. The buttered honey is a Lemon butter cake with some Jack Honey Liqueur tossed in. (If anyone can come up with a better name for the cake that would be appreciated) I am going to cover a cake dummy with the cake balls and on top of the dummy I will put the Lemon Honey Cake. I am making the cake look like the Telescope that is at the top of the Mountain where the concerts are held. It is one of those domed ones where the scope sticks out, so pretty easy really.

Anyway, DS and his buddies asked for some of the cake balls. He said they were eating a piece of Red Velvet cake at school and they started talking about how much better my cake balls were and wish they could have some and so I am making them a batch without the Jack Daniels in it. Plus the person who will deliver them for me is allergic to alcohol so I will pack up some of those for her as well.

Well, I think I have piddled around long enough...

I like the name you already have for the honey butter cake. You could call it Jack's Honey Butter Cake. OOOOOO I wish I were a taste tester!!!!!!!! It sounds sooooo good!!
    Karin

The Red Velvet Cake balls are about the best dessert I have ever had, not even a big red velvet fan, but they actually are something people ask about. When the youth had their once a year bake sale between services on Mother's day this year, there were people sneaking out of the early service to get some before they had sold out. That is usually the only time I make them anymore.

Food yesterday was good, it was a non-fasting day and I ate following my 4 rules, didn't binge, and had no cravings even with the crappy mood falling on a day I could "eat what I wanted". Maybe that is the trick, being able to eat whatever I want on a day I am likely to want to stuff my face/binge.

NEAT we didn't get to take our walk last night as it was raining. In fact right after I decided I didn't want to mow the lawn it started raining, so I wouldn't have been able to do it anyway. Steps 8054 and 6 flights of stairs, but of course that doesn't show the sawing and chopping I did to get the weeds under control.

Sleep 7:27 at 88%, it was a day off though so no alarm I woke up when I was done sleeping.

I gotta get ready for work ttfn

So after doing a bunch of research, I decided I needed Photoshop Elements.

One of the photos I chose to use for my master bedroom wall needs some serious editing. So I decided to use the gift card I got with my new computer to buy photo editing software for it. So I researched and decided on the Elements. I had an old version which of course will not work on the new computer. Anyway, since I had not purchased anything from the new computer from the apple site I had to answer my 2 security questions. Well I set up those questions YEARS ago. So I had the answers wrong. So I had them send me the link to set up new questions. Well after several tries, it turns out that the email address they had on my account had a typo in it (.cpm instead of .com) and of course I couldn't fix it unless I answered the security questions. ARGHHHHHH. So I shut that down and walked away figuring I would call when I had chilled out a bit. So I went back to it an hour later and one of the questions was different than the first time, so I answered the 2 questions they were showing and got them right.

So I got it downloaded and thus starts my journey to relearn Photoshop Elements. OMG, it took me an hour and a half to import a copy of the photo (so I could keep an unedited original) and crop it to the 16x20 aspect I needed. And, I don't remember how I did it. Gonna have to break down and watch some youtube tutorials I think.

Very excited to get back to doing this kind of thing though, used to do a lot of it, when I had Photoshop Elements the first time (it is version 4.0, and they are on version 11.0 now, to show how long it has been)

OMG, she is getting ready to tweak again. You should have known it was coming after yesterday's attitude.

It occurred to me that my carbs have been creeping up. It also occurred to me that my 5:2 was going better when the carbs were lower. I didn't want to admit it because, well, I don't like having any food be off limits. So here is the tweak...

3 days fasting=550 calories, this is my morning coffee with HWC and coconut milk, my mid-morning green tea with HWC, and dinner - weighed and measured and tracked. These will be Tuesday and Thursday and one of the weekend days, probably Sunday.

3 days non-fasting = low carb, but no weighing, measuring, or tracking, just eating low carb (real) foods. These will be Monday and Wednesday and a weekend day, probably either Friday or Saturday.

1 day that I will allow for those things I think I cannot live without. I really think this has been the key to my not binging, so I think it is essential to have at least one day. This doesn't mean I go looking for that thing I must have or that I can go crazy and eat a whole cake or whatever. It means, if I have been craving something, this is the day to satisfy the craving. This will be the day that is left.

I am not going to count carbs, I am just not going to eat things that are high in carbs. My TDEE will still rule the day, it is 2,100 calories, and even though I usually don't bother to track on non-fasting days, when I do I am usually pretty well under since on 2 of those days I still don't eat till I get home from work.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ok.. my only concern is this. Last time you lost well but did not track you made yourself crazy trying to get back. what is your plan to avoid this issue?
    Karin