Page 41 of 650 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal-deMuralist page 41

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have always done the sauces as a separate thing from the meats (or whatever), because that allowed everyone to personalize whatever we were having for dinner.

DD was a vegetarian (although she is coming out of it now, yeah), DS hates most veggies, and DH likes to eat things that he thinks are good for him and is leery of anything that is not easily recognizable. So I always tried to do a couple of veggies, a starch, a protein source and a sauce or condiments. Now I do a salad instead of a starch.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

I am the same weight this morning as yesterday morning. 262.4. I am going to consider this like a pendulum swing. When the pendulum gets ready to swing in the other direction it stops mid air for a bit before it changes direction. That is where I am at the top of the swing. Except of course I have no intention of it ever getting to the other end of the swing to start back!

So I did pretty well yesterday as far as food is concerned. My calories were slightly under (good), carbs were spot on (great), fiber was a tad low (ok), fat was a bit high (15g over, not great, but ok), and protein was way under (by 34g). Protein being under is pretty typical, but I am still working on ways to make my target without blowing the fat and calorie numbers out of the water.

My pedometer reading was 7,123 yesterday. Typically it is close to 6,000, give or take very little. I would like to keep it over 7,000 for the rest of the week, then each week get the daily average up by at least 500 until I get to my 10,000 to 12,000 step goal.

So far, I have not been able to make myself actually start the essential movements program. It is not the kind of think I enjoy doing, but I know I need to and we need to get it started for DS's project. Tuesday was supposed to be our day to do it, couldn't do it yesterday cause we had dinner company. So hoping for today. Although we have to do a chilli supper at church tonight. It will only take like 10 minutes though so we need to just do it!

I have been too stiff to actually be able to do the Sun Salutations poses. I need to get to those so that I won't get so stiff next time I do some physical labor!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    I started lifting weights in the gym 6 months before I started Primal. I know people say that weightloss is 80% diet, but I think the exercise component is very important. It helps me mentally, but also reconfigures your body shape as you lose. This is especially true on Primal or Paleo. That's why people can't believe I weigh over 200 lbs. I look like I did at 180 on a SAD diet. I plan to add in the Essential Movements for fun on Thursdays.

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I started lifting weights in the gym 6 months before I started Primal. I know people say that weightloss is 80% diet, but I think the exercise component is very important. It helps me mentally, but also reconfigures your body shape as you lose. This is especially true on Primal or Paleo. That's why people can't believe I weigh over 200 lbs. I look like I did at 180 on a SAD diet. I plan to add in the Essential Movements for fun on Thursdays.
    For me, weight lifting has historically been a big key. It may well just be my body type, but I swear by it (particularly pretty heavy lifting - including body weight stuff). I actually prefer lifting to conditioning The husband is traveling for work next week, and mom is starting nursing school, so we're going to start some lifting about mid-December, when we're all back and can be consistent.

wish I didn't dislike it so! But we have to do it for DS's school project so we gotta start it ASAP, I have no choice. Hoping that doing it for the 18 months of the project will help me to learn to enjoy it or at least appreciate what it does for my body and keep me willing to keep it up after the project is over and DS is off at college!
    Chris
    Unknown

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am the same weight this morning as yesterday morning. 262.4. I am going to consider this like a pendulum swing. When the pendulum gets ready to swing in the other direction it stops mid air for a bit before it changes direction. That is where I am at the top of the swing. Except of course I have no intention of it ever getting to the other end of the swing to start back!
    You have such a wonderful attitude about things

Thanks. When I was in High School the cheerleading coach would call out "What's your PMA?" (PMA= Positive Mental Attitude) and we would yell back "BOY AM I ENTHUSIASTIC". I was never actually a cheerleader. I would go through the week long try outs cause I thought it was fun, but never tried out cause I wanted to be able to socialize in the stands during the football and basketball games! The coach begged me every year to go through the try outs and I just was not interested. (both of my sisters ended up being cheerleaders though)

At any rate, I always try to keep a PMA, even if it is not always enthusiastic!
    Chris
    Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    You have such a wonderful attitude about things
    +1 Keep up the Great work!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    For me, weight lifting has historically been a big key. It may well just be my body type, but I swear by it (particularly pretty heavy lifting - including body weight stuff). I actually prefer lifting to conditioning The husband is traveling for work next week, and mom is starting nursing school, so we're going to start some lifting about mid-December, when we're all back and can be consistent.
    My daily goals in the journal has weightlifting but I have not started yet. I tell you, after working all day, then mom to a high maintenance DD, I am just too tired before bed. *sigh* Got to figure something out though..
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe we could all do just one day of the 5 essential movements per week and encourage each other to improve our numbers or level. I think there is a fitness test to see where you are. We could report in our group journal. In fact I'll go start a PB fitness thread there. That way I will definitely get started on Thursday. Join me if you wish. The PB fitness ebook can be downloaded for free.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 11-30-2011 at 11:46 AM.